Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-03-2006, 02:40 PM   #31
9spurs
Serious playground baller

9spurs has an OK reputation so far

9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #32
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far

one of the greatest athletes of all time in any sport.

true class act. cheers andre. thanks for the memories

irreplacable
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #33
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Aww so he lost? Damn...

Either way though, like you guys said the guy was a champ. Congrats on a great career
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #34
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYIVERSON
the only man in tennis history to have won all 4 majors and the Olympic Gold medal.

..and his wife did it in one year.

Becker played good. Saying 26 aces in four sets and lots of winners is playing like crap is pure stupidity, the break of serve at 5-5 in the 4th he hit three straight return winners.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:28 PM   #35
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He went out like a CHAMPION! Great tennis player. Goodbye Agassi and thanks for the memories. What an emotional moment that was.

Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:31 PM   #36
New World Order
I airball my layups

New World Order has an OK reputation so far

The amazing thing is before Andre's back problems arose, he was still very much a player in the game despite being over 30 years old. Despite being at an age where everybody else had retired, Andre was still around and still a factor. Even with the bad back, the fact he can still go out and beat people is amazing. Had Agassi never had the health issues, he probably could have played another year or two and been a top 15 player.

The final speech Andre gave was one of the best speeches given by an athlete I've ever heard. The perfect speech given at the perfect moment at the perfect place.

Thanks for all you've done, Andre!

New World Order is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:10 AM   #37
deion2123
High school junior varsity star

deion2123 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Sampras > AgASSi
in personality and all around court game...nope
deion2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:14 AM   #38
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I heard on SportsCenter that it was funny that Agassi is getting all this appreciation now, because he wasn't all that liked during his prime. They said he was really cocky and arrogant. This true?
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #39
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I heard on SportsCenter that it was funny that Agassi is getting all this appreciation now, because he wasn't all that liked during his prime. They said he was really cocky and arrogant. This true?

In the early part of his career, he was considered a prima donna.

But he developed into a real champion. One of the few players to win a career grand slam - Sampras never did it; Federer hasn't done it. 60 singles titles. Also he won the Olympic gold in 1996.

He developed into one of the most respected players in the game, beloved by fans and his peers alike. He is considered to be one of the charitable players in all of sports.

He leaves as an elder statesmen of his sport, and one of the all time greats.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: