Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-21-2008, 12:23 AM   #16
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: delfino officially gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
appears he has signed a 3 year contract for THIRTY MILLION (30 that's right) (OOPS, I AM AN IDIOT) to play with khimki moscow. Apparently he only had 2 firm offers, one from khimki and one from the detroit pistons (probably for about 1 million).
He has an opt out in each of the next (or last) 2 seasons.

BOO HISS!

1) No source on a Thread Start post

2) Incorrect information given (it's 13.5 mill)

3) Had time to correct post but did not

4) Bad grammar, spelling, no pics!

BOO HISS!

Raps Fans - do not make threads like this poster. Did everything wrong.

- 100 Rep
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:35 AM   #17
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

I was going to say...30 mil? ..didn't seem very realistic..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #18
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
AB is not terrible. He had an excellent rookie season and came out of the gates last season alright. For whatever reason (starting, playing Centre which he is obviously not designed for, sophmore jinx) he did not play very well for most of the season last year. But it was only one season. I feel confident he can bounce back playing a similar role as he did in year 1. It is a shame because he will probably never develop to be the best player in that year (and I still believe he was drafted by BC because he is Italian, also why kapono got such a big contract). But take a look at the rest of that draft. #2 was aldridge who is good but not spectacular and I think the ceiling for Bargs is higher and most would have agreed before last season. After that Morrison #3, Tyrus Thomas #4, Shelden Williams #5. That is a major bust in the top 5.
Of course brandon roy and rudy gay went 6 and 8. But noone wanted to take them in the top 5 and at the time no one thought either was deserving of 1st overall. When you have #1 you want to hit a home run and looking back Bargs was still the most intriguing player (not the safest but the most intriguing). Like chuck says, let's not throw this kid under the bus yet.

That isn't true at all, especially in the case of Gay. And two of those picks were by retarded franchises who screw it up every year in Atl and Charlotte.

Problem with Bargs is he's still best suited as a PF. We have a pretty darn good PF so he was never a good fit in TO. We had, and still have, a glaring hole at the 2 and 3.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #19
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

As I recall, there were 4 players who stood out as potential number 1 picks among all the mock draft experts in 06- Aldridge, Thomas, Gay and Bargnani, any of whom could have gone first. By the time of the draft, Roy was solidifying as the 'best of the rest'- with some even thinking he may break into the 'big 4'- while Gay's stock was dropping so that he was the least highly rated of those 4 and the most likely to be picked lower. Either going at 1 on draft night would have been a big surprise (and not just because of theRaptors' known admiration for Bargnani), especially if it was Roy.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #20
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
BOO HISS!

1) No source on a Thread Start post

2) Incorrect information given (it's 13.5 mill)

3) Had time to correct post but did not

4) Bad grammar, spelling, no pics!

BOO HISS!

Raps Fans - do not make threads like this poster. Did everything wrong.

- 100 Rep

Easy!

1. The original post did not have a link because it came from
hoop shype website (you can't copy link - or at least I couldn't). It is a hyperlink and doesn't provide orginal address.
2. Their site said 30 million and I just passed on the info as it was breaking news.
3. While I didn't correct the original post, I have been involved in the ongoing dialogue where I have pointed out my sources.
4. That's just not true. My spelling and grammar are fine. And what pic do you want me to post. Delfino shaking hands with a russian czar. I haven't seen any.

Further Willy the only idiots in this forum are the ones that like to bash others IMHO.

Re: Rudy Gay: I do recall a number of posters in this forum who wanted the raps to select him. But you have to remember he did not have a great year in college and there were questions about his attitude. I'm not positive but I think he wasn't even starting for his college team at one point in the season. So there was good reason for his stock to drop. 7 teams (not just charlotte and atlanta) passed on him and the team that did draft him traded him right away (though that was a pretty bad idea). All I'm saying is that at the time Bargs did not look like a horrible pick. And NO ONE was saying so on this forum after his rookie season.

Last edited by bluerap : 07-21-2008 at 01:35 PM.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #21
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
.... blah blah blah....

You got criticized because you wasted everyone time with a stupid post.

Rather than admitting it, you make things worse with another stupid response.

Don't be so lazy. Don't start threads if you can't put at least a spoonful of energy and quality in to it. Provide sources. Don't get uptight when you get called on being an idiot. Take it like a man. Don't call other poster names when they are right and you are wrong.

STFU junior and learn.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #22
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

thanks for the insight willy. Very Helpful. Go screw your self yah wee bastarde.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #23
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

JOSH CHILDRESS is also gone!!!

$20M for 3 years to play in Greece!!! Works out to $6.6M/year.

Some sources say hawks offered $5.6M/year...

Money Talks!

Last edited by Sekman : 07-23-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: