Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 07-12-2008, 03:47 AM   #1
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation
Default Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon

I know you're closer to Portland, Golden State and all that, but I always felt Seattle had some slight ties to Utah, maybe because that's near where John Stockton is from, maybe it's that my family is from there (back a couple generations), that they're both smaller markets, that Seattle came to Utah for the Rocky Mountain Reviews, that I saw Detlef talking smack back and forth with one of the Jazz superfans (Suds), and read later that they were friends and went out to lunch and stuff. That Payton/Kemp, Stockton/Malone duo's had some similarities. I don't know, Seattle just seemed more neighborly than most other NBA teams around. As a lifetime Jazz fan, I'd readily accept having Sonics fans among the legion of Jazz fans. It hasn't really sunk in that the Supersonics won't be there next year, and I know it's probably too early to think about what team to root for, but try to be open minded, I think having more Washington state fans would add a lot of positives to the Jazz organization.

Now I know Utah gets labeled as this mormon town blah blah.. but I've always gravitated to the Jazz because it transended the religious divide here. Everyone can go to a Jazz game, differences and all, and still get along and feel a little harmony between each other. It would be great to have even more diversity and pick up a few of the Stockton fans.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:22 AM   #2
$14.98
I airball my layups

$14.98 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon

Sweet!

I have to admit following the Sonics for many years, I always hated the Jazz because they always gave the Sonics a tough game. It was never easy for the Sonics to win, especially at the Delta Center (still the stadium?).

Carlos Boozer, AK47, and Deron Will are 3 great players. I enjoy watching them and respect their games very much.
$14.98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
I know you're closer to Portland, Golden State and all that, but I always felt Seattle had some slight ties to Utah, maybe because that's near where John Stockton is from, maybe it's that my family is from there (back a couple generations), that they're both smaller markets, that Seattle came to Utah for the Rocky Mountain Reviews, that I saw Detlef talking smack back and forth with one of the Jazz superfans (Suds), and read later that they were friends and went out to lunch and stuff. That Payton/Kemp, Stockton/Malone duo's had some similarities. I don't know, Seattle just seemed more neighborly than most other NBA teams around. As a lifetime Jazz fan, I'd readily accept having Sonics fans among the legion of Jazz fans. It hasn't really sunk in that the Supersonics won't be there next year, and I know it's probably too early to think about what team to root for, but try to be open minded, I think having more Washington state fans would add a lot of positives to the Jazz organization.

Now I know Utah gets labeled as this mormon town blah blah.. but I've always gravitated to the Jazz because it transended the religious divide here. Everyone can go to a Jazz game, differences and all, and still get along and feel a little harmony between each other. It would be great to have even more diversity and pick up a few of the Stockton fans.
like $14, i have hated the jazz during the 90s, but i have really liked the deron-boozer et al group you have put together now

while i wanted the jazz to lose, i always wanted stockton to do well-- he is by far the best player from washington state ever

(( ps-- i took the liberty to re-post your thoughts at:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=1#post2022724
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:45 AM   #4
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

LOL. Thanks but I will pass. Nothing against the Jazz and all. But I will stick with Minnesota and Seattle being my favorite teams. Hey, we still have baseball and football in Seattle. Plus, I have been a fan of the Seattle Storm. So there is still basketball in Seattle.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:52 AM   #5
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
LOL. Thanks but I will pass. Nothing against the Jazz and all. But I will stick with Minnesota and Seattle being my favorite teams. Hey, we still have baseball and football in Seattle. Plus, I have been a fan of the Seattle Storm. So there is still basketball in Seattle.

Guess if you live in MN that's ok... I stopped through MN just the other week, and spent about 5 days there in Feb. I've got friends there, you'd never catch me living there though, the winters are just too brutal.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Ehh good offer, but I think Sonic fans would rather convert to the Spurs.

Just kidding
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #7
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis

Just kidding

with the current rosters, i would rather cheer for the jazz than the spurs!
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis

Just kidding

Seattle and the Alamo... now that rings a bell.... hmmmm actually no it doesn't lol.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:12 PM   #9
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I repped everyone I could in this thread. now rep me back!!

catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Red face Re: Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
with the current rosters, i would rather cheer for the jazz than the spurs!

Fine, whatever. Spurs > all
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #11
I airball my layups

1982 has an OK reputation so far

I can't root for a load of white guys! (im white so relaxxxxxxx)

I'll be a FA fan but I hope Portland do well, I repsect their brilliant management over the last 2 years.
1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: