Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #16
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,185
reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default

Please, for the love of everything in the world, quit using the phrase ISLAMOFASCIST. It's a contradiction and only makes you end up sounding like Michael Savage.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #17
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Ever thought that the reason they are among civilians might be because that's what many of them were before you invaded their country ? It's not like they have any safe left bases to go too, where else would they be other than in towns and villages ?


First of all it's not their country, they took the area by force and no one elected them. 99% of that country lived in fear of the 1%(maybe a little bit of an exaggeration but by much). Second of all they aren't hiding in their towns and villages, they are not welcome in the majority of the places they hide in. They do this because they are relying on our goodwill towards Aphgan civilians and reluctance towards collateral damage. Their only home is the caves and trails, hopping back and forth *from Iran and Pakistan(tribal areas) where they are welcome.



Quote:
What people like you don't seem to get is that you can't end terrorism by killing all the terrorists, that just breeds yet more hatred among those relatives and friends they left behind, you end terrorism by removing the reasons for commiting that terrorism.


Lol, ok, keep telling yourself that. That's why Canada who is about a non-aggressor as anyone just barely stopped 17 Islamics from blowing up the CN Tower and the Toronto Stock Exchange. Even France who is about the most Muslim loving countrys in Europe has had it's share of terrorist attacks. They have bigger fish to fry right now, but they will get around to everybody soon enough if they can. But keep sticking your head in the sand and saying they will leave you alone if you leave them alone. Just ignore that most terrorists fundamentally believe that if you do not convert to Islam, then you must die. I mean they couldn't really be talking about YOU right?


*edited forgot to add

Last edited by Cavs Fan : 09-13-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:07 PM   #18
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year
 
bigboi_baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cold side of the pillow
Posts: 6,853
bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
Even France who is about the most Muslim loving countrys in Europe has had it's share of terrorist attacks. They have bigger fish to fry right now, but they will get around to everybody soon enough if they can. But keep sticking your head in the sand and saying they will leave you alone if you leave them alone. Just ignore that most terrorists fundamentally believe that if you do not convert to Islam, then you must die. I mean they couldn't really be talking about YOU right?
France is not a muslim loving country. You do not know what you are talking about. The idea of society being totally secular--the french opproach is totally anti-Islam. The muslim women of France are not allowed to wear veils as signs of modesty (not oppression). They were on the brink of a war inside France because of muslim youths who rebelled because they felt like they were being oppressed by the government.


Terror comes from hate which comes from violence. Violence begets violence.
Every time a terrorist dies, the other terrorist become more motivated.
Every time an innocent muslim dies, hundreds feel like they need to do something for the innocent man who died. They do not care about spreadin Islam, because what they are doing is not Islamic. These people want to get revenge on the "Scum" who killed their friend. They only call it a war on Christianity or Western World because the scum who killed their buddy was a Christian westerner; therefore, they categorize all westerns as being the violent killers of their innocent bretheren. Much like the way, many Americans blame all muslims for 9-11 and would like the kill them all.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:32 PM   #19
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
France is not a muslim loving country. You do not know what you are talking about. The idea of society being totally secular--the french opproach is totally anti-Islam. The muslim women of France are not allowed to wear veils as signs of modesty (not oppression). They were on the brink of a war inside France because of muslim youths who rebelled because they felt like they were being oppressed by the government.

Well you sound like you know more about the subject than I do but it does beg the question on why so many muslims immigrated to France and why they were allowed into the country in the first place if France was anti-Islam. And not being able to wear a veil hardly seems like something to provoke anarchy or terrorism. I mean if they want to express their faith can't they just go to a private school like here in the states?


Quote:
Terror comes from hate which comes from violence. Violence begets violence.
Every time a terrorist dies, the other terrorist become more motivated.
Every time an innocent muslim dies, hundreds feel like they need to do something for the innocent man who died. They do not care about spreadin Islam, because what they are doing is not Islamic. These people want to get revenge on the "Scum" who killed their friend. They only call it a war on Christianity or Western World because the scum who killed their buddy was a Christian westerner; therefore, they categorize all westerns as being the violent killers of their innocent bretheren. Much like the way, many Americans blame all muslims for 9-11 and would like the kill them all.


I know a lot of Muslims say what the terrorists are doing, and violence in general, is not Islamic but I disagree that what radical muslims are doing is not done in the name of Islam(their interpretation). Frankly I think if they(radicals/terrorists) say that all non-Islamics must convert or die, that we should take them at their word and not let other people interpret or make excuses for them.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #20
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year
 
bigboi_baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cold side of the pillow
Posts: 6,853
bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
Well you sound like you know more about the subject than I do but it does beg the question on why so many muslims immigrated to France and why they were allowed into the country in the first place if France was anti-Islam. And not being able to wear a veil hardly seems like something to provoke anarchy or terrorism. I mean if they want to express their faith can't they just go to a private school like here in the states?
France used to have an attitude that was secular, but now they have laws; hence the new found anger.
They are not exclusively, anti-islamic. From what I understand, they also wont allow jews to wear the star of david or christian kids to wear crosses.

Im not really and expert, I just liston to the news and try to read stuff. I would love to hear from someone french or someone who knows more about the situation




Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
I know a lot of Muslims say what the terrorists are doing, and violence in general, is not Islamic but I disagree that what radical muslims are doing is not done in the name of Islam(their interpretation). Frankly I think if they(radicals/terrorists) say that all non-Islamics must convert or die, that we should take them at their word and not let other people interpret or make excuses for them.
Their interpetation is basically cutting out what they do not want to here and exaggerating what they want to here.
Your point makes some sense to be, but you have to admit my point about the innocent deaths causing more harm than the good the terrorist deaths are providing, if any good can come from killing a person who is planning on dying anyways.

Im interested about what you think about the whole having no enemy deal.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:11 PM   #21
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Im interested about what you think about the whole having no enemy deal.

I'm not quite sure what you mean but apparently all those Taliban in the photo were pretty visible. We passed those suckers up though.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:15 PM   #22
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year
 
bigboi_baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cold side of the pillow
Posts: 6,853
bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default

Well someone said something about "finishing it" and I said :
"This isn't a normal war, where stuff is just finished when the enemy dies. There is no enemy!
Who is the enemy?"
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:28 PM   #23
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.
Default

Oh. By finishing it I didn't really mean killing off every single Taliban. More like robbing them of their power base and ability to help people who would like to harm us. To date I would say that the goal in Afghanistan has gone pretty good. It won't be "finished" until we can get the hell out, the current Afghan administration gains a foothold and keeps any noticeable numbers of Taliban and terrorists at bay.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:33 PM   #24
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year
 
bigboi_baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cold side of the pillow
Posts: 6,853
bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
Oh. By finishing it I didn't really mean killing off every single Taliban. More like robbing them of their power base and ability to help people who would like to harm us. To date I would say that the goal in Afghanistan has gone pretty good. It won't be "finished" until we can get the hell out, the current Afghan administration gains a foothold and keeps any noticeable numbers of Taliban and terrorists at bay.
There are still a lot of terrorists in the Afghani/Pakistani border area. Especially in the mountains area. The US took them out of government, not out of power; consequently, they are still just a big of a threat to us as before.

And just to clarify, the Taliban are a political party. They aren't all crazy violent people. As a party they supported AL quiada--the real terror organization. Ossama is the leader of alquiada not the taliban. The US isn't realy going after ossam 100%; therefore, they are tageting the people in power not the source of terror. It seems like the administration is more interested in power, than terrorism.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:41 PM   #25
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,185
reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
First of all it's not their country, they took the area by force and no one elected them. 99% of that country lived in fear of the 1%(maybe a little bit of an exaggeration but by much). Second of all they aren't hiding in their towns and villages, they are not welcome in the majority of the places they hide in. They do this because they are relying on our goodwill towards Aphgan civilians and reluctance towards collateral damage. Their only home is the caves and trails, hopping back and forth *from Iran and Pakistan(tribal areas) where they are welcome.

Guess who let them have Afghanistan after they were done using them to fight their proxy war? Uh, America. Whoops. We were also warned that it would bite us in the ass, too. (Republican presidents seem to be too proud and arrogant to listen to foreigner/liberal opinions.)
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy