Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 09-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #16
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

ben wallace has averaged 11-15 rebounds per game for the last 6 or 7 years. mcdyess, rasheed and nazr dont have the strenght or the eye for banging on the boards like ben does.

nazr has never avergaed more than 8 rpg, mcdyess doesnt rebound in double figures since 2001 and rasheed wallace has never rebounded in double figures. and i meant making shaq work for his points, remember that block when ben made shaq fall flat on his arse ?? thats something that rasheed mcdyess or nazr can never do.

none of them has the eye for rebounding or blocking shots like ben and non of them can defend the pick and roll and get steals in the perimeter like ben.

Last edited by lakers-city : 09-02-2006 at 09:01 PM.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:42 AM   #17
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

yeah 15, then 12, then 12, then 11...declining....spiraling...

anyways, offense is the most important part of winning in today's nba. our defense is still above average and our offense is going to dominate now. tayshaun and sheed wont be getting double teamed all the time because of ben.

people are so retarded about ben leaving, acting like its the end of the world. we might even improve over last year. we'll see. we can say this though; when push came to shove in the playoffs last season, Ben Wallace did more hurting than helping.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:39 AM   #18
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

you might improve ?? you mean winning more than 64 games ? be realistic, the guy was the anchor for defense in the middle. dont forget that defense still wins championships, miami held dallas below 40% most of the time and thats why they won.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:17 PM   #19
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

no, they won because dwayne wade took over. he either drove to the hoop and kicked it out to posey or williams/to shaq...or scored or got fouled or both. defense doesn't win championships. the rules need to go back to being defensively oriented before you can say that again. with the emertgence of lebron james, dwayne wade, and kobe's 81 points ratings have gone up and the rules have been adapted to fit those player's style of play. those guys shoot way too many free throws.

and our regular seasn record probably wont improve but the playoffs is what matters as evidenced by last year.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #20
goillcity
I brick open layups

goillcity has an OK reputation so far

final wrath i see why you've been hatin on the bulls so much , your from detroit
so those cracks i made about you smokin dust were likely to be true
and your still tryin to say that the rules have changed and defence means notthin
all becouse your defence lost it's heart
you are one funny guy
i hope detroit has fun with the little flip show and rasheeds trash talk
see you in the playoffs or maybe not
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #21
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Defense doesn't win **** anymore, wake up? If it did we would have won it the past two years, because our defensive supporting cast is light years beyonf Chicago's. Bulls fans are in for a major let-down.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:54 PM   #22
goillcity
I brick open layups

goillcity has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Defense doesn't win **** anymore, wake up? If it did we would have won it the past two years, because our defensive supporting cast is light years beyonf Chicago's. Bulls fans are in for a major let-down.

my fault for comin on your site and talkin sh!te but that cat final wrath has been hatin on the bulls in the chicago one and wouldn't tell me where he was from
so i got mad excited when i seen he was from detroit and was salty about ben
but anyway
all you detroit fan think defense is overated now that you lost ben
the bulls have a killer all around game not just d
the bulls main thing is team work and hustle
hustle wins games
our offense will be better with ben than with tyson, first of all ben averaged more points than tyson
ben will set hard picks and not moving picks like tyson does
he will get more second chance shots for the bulls than tyson
on defense other than the obvious power in the paint, ben will let kirk and gordan run the floor when a shot goes up instead of them haveing to try to get boards
the bullies will get a lot more fast break points this year
and all the bulls will look much better on d now that they don't have to worry about the inside as much
my fault for ranting on the pidtons page i'm just not a fan of final wrath, you guys should still have a good squad this year
and i didn't come on here and say we were going to win it all this year i keep that to the chi town page
peace out
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #23
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think defense is overrated because we lost the past two years, not because we lost ben this year.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #24
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.

i think the pistons will be just a bit under both chicago and miami. they seem to have more depth. how they all compare...

bigs for detroit - sheed/n.mohammed/a.mcdyess/d.davis/j.maxiell/e.campbell?

miami - shaq/zo/u.haslem/a.walker/m.doleac/w.simeon

chicago - ben/p.brown/m.sweetney/t.thomas/m.allen

to me it seems that most teams are close...i'd have to give it to miami just cuz the have shaq and the best bench bigs of the group in zo and walker

2s n 3s for detroit - rip/prince/r.murry/c.delfino/a.johnson

miami - wade/j.posey/d.wright/s.anderson

chicago - a.nocioni/l.deng/b.gordan/t.whosurmama?/a.griffin

chicago definately is the best..detroit has the best starting pair, miami has the best player, and chicago has the most depth..

point guards for detroit - billups/l.hunter ???neone else???

miami - j.williams/g.payton

chicago - k.hinrich/c.duhon

detroit has the edge here..billups are both great defenders and shooters.. miami's pair is both inconsistant and getting older. chicago is close just because both hinrich and duhon have game...

overall...i would have to say miami is still the better team, but chicago is now a close second, and the pistons are third, but have great upset potential...

RECORD

53-29 (second in the central)
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: