Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 09-08-2006, 06:57 AM   #31
GoDuke
I airball my layups

how come some of you hate Battier that much? it's not his fault he got traded for Gay... sad thing is that if Gay becomes T-Mac II ppl are gonna hate him more... what's wrong with "good at everything, great at nothing"?
GoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:44 PM   #32
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDuke
how come some of you hate Battier that much? it's not his fault he got traded for Gay... sad thing is that if Gay becomes T-Mac II ppl are gonna hate him more... what's wrong with "good at everything, great at nothing"?
This team needed more then a good role player.Battier never showed up for the playoffs his numbers were horrible last year vs dallas.Him and miller were a disgrace.Battier was a bust for where he was drafted he never brought the franchise that much.Good role player great spokseman and good guy.That dosent win championships we needed to take a chance for the future hopefully gay is it and if not at least we tried.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:57 AM   #33
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
This team needed more then a good role player.Battier never showed up for the playoffs his numbers were horrible last year vs dallas.Him and miller were a disgrace.Battier was a bust for where he was drafted he never brought the franchise that much.Good role player great spokseman and good guy.That dosent win championships we needed to take a chance for the future hopefully gay is it and if not at least we tried.

i think mike miller should have been pushed out for gay. Memphis gonna miss battier's hustle on the court. he is a very good role player. More players in the league should be like him. By the way is it battier's fault he got drafted so high? No so why blame him for it? "He's a bust at where he got drafted" No the GM F-ed up by drafting him so high, and that's whre it stops. By the way who gonna hit that floor to get those loose balls for those four months Pau will be gone and there are no steady shooters?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #34
jailer
MillionDollarException

So in your eyes there are no busts in any sport? come on certain players look great and gm's get sol d on that then they dont turn out well.Battier was a great player in college player of the year but it takes more then just good b ball iq to be a star.Battier I agree should have stayed and miller should have been traded.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:54 AM   #35
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah he is elite at...............charges well taking them anyways
Old 09-17-2006, 04:01 PM   #36
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

i think the griz are truly gonna miss battier. Although gay has an excellent upside.I think the trade is gonna work for both sides. But battier is not a bust. He is serviceable. Now i can name some busts. Kwame Brown, Tyson Chandler, Fredric Weis, Darko Milic even though Joe D should have been shot for passing on Melo. Top 5 players that don't pan out are busts. You don't draft that high for "projects" Battier at #6 changed his game. The coaches he had encouraged him to do so.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:41 AM   #37
jailer
MillionDollarException

You forgot stromile swift on that list.Battier is not a bad player,I didnt say that.Im saying he can no longer be looked to,to help the grizzlies win.Rudy gay coming in can already be given the ball and produce more then battier.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #38
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

We will see.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:39 PM   #39
jailer
MillionDollarException

Oh we will see in about what a month?When he is dunking on whatever three they throw at him.The ''great defender'' jared jeffries is supposed to be.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: