Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 07-25-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
AI3Anthony
A New Era Begins

AI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat cool
Default Hawks sign Maurice Evans

This is Josh Childress' replacement i guess. Yay?

He's a better shooter and defender then Josh, but all my true Hawk fans know that we will lose all the little things Childress did that made him a huge part of the team.

We Gain- Perimeter Shooting(something we were desperate for), Defense.
We Lose- Offensive and devensive rebounding, all the small things that go unnoticed on the stat sheet.

With the playing time he'll be recieving this year his stats will probably go up.
I believe his stats last year were around this..
9ppg 3rpg 1apg in limited playing time.

Childress averaged...
12ppg 5rpg 2apg.

Hopefully this will work out.

08-09 Projection for Maurice Evans
10ppg 3rpg 2apg. (hopefully better)
AI3Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Hawks sign Maurice Evans

He's a good pick up for the Hawks. Now we just got to get a deal done for Josh Smith and get a big man or 2 and we ready to show the league the Hawks are no joke.

averaged 9.3 points and 3.1 rebounds in 68 games last season after being traded to Orlando from the Los Angeles Lakers.

Evans, 29, has a reputation as a tenacious perimeter defender and opportunistic offensive threat. He's a career 37 percent shooter from beyond the 3-point line, and averaged a career-high 9.3 points last season.

Last edited by idizzle : 07-25-2008 at 08:55 PM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
AI3Anthony
A New Era Begins

AI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat cool

It's an OK pick up. J.R. Smith would have been better, and for the same price. But i'm gunna support Mo Evans.

As for our big man problem, i think the Hawks will call up Othello Hunter from summer league. He had an outstanding summer league. I think around 14pts and 6 boards a game. Then maybe Kwame Brown. I haven't heard much about Kwame and Morris lately though.

As for J-Smoove, I think we'll get him back as soon as he realizes he's not worth what he wants. No other team has cap room for him, but the Grizzlies and why would he go there?
AI3Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #4
terrell barron
Can barely lace up my sneakers

terrell barron has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
It's an OK pick up. J.R. Smith would have been better, and for the same price. But i'm gunna support Mo Evans.

As for our big man problem, i think the Hawks will call up Othello Hunter from summer league. He had an outstanding summer league. I think around 14pts and 6 boards a game. Then maybe Kwame Brown. I haven't heard much about Kwame and Morris lately though.

As for J-Smoove, I think we'll get him back as soon as he realizes he's not worth what he wants. No other team has cap room for him, but the Grizzlies and why would he go there?
Evans signed a 3yr 7 million $ contract. JR Smith will get at least 6 million a year, so we could'nt have got him at the same price.
terrell barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:51 AM   #5
Nash-tastic
Great college starter

Nash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont think its a good move
Nash-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:10 AM   #6
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash-tastic
I dont think its a good move

What would you have done differently?

I for one love the addition of Maurice Evans and think he will fit great within the Hawks organization.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: