Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-25-2006, 03:50 PM   #16
Wicked_1
Great young streetballer

Wicked_1 has an OK reputation so far

hey does anyone have vid or links to vid of the fights from Saturday?? if so can you please send them my way deltron50@hotmail.com i really wanted to see the Penn Hughes fight bad!
Wicked_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #17
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

BJ Penn separated a rib in that fight in the 2nd round. Just something to think about. Just read that today.

Also, Arlovski royaly F'd up his knee against Tim in their last fight. That explains why he stopped kicking.

And I think Cro Cop would kill Chuck. It would be a great fight, though.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #18
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Penn beat himself. He was dominating Hughes until he got tired and then Hughes cruised to an easy TKO, with the way Penn was gassed I think there are people here that could have beat him so I don't buy the "Hughes has heart!" argument unless heart means getting dominated until your opponent gets tired.

Heart means taking whatever punishment you have to take, surviving when you're getting dominated, and never giving up or looking for a way out.

And this has always been one of the stupidest arguments I've heard. Penn's stamina wasn't in the same place Hughes' was, does that take away from the latter's win? Should we penalize Hughes because he has a better work ethic and trains harder than the spoiled rich kid?

Matt Hughes is far less talented than B.J. Penn and still ended up destroying Penn. That's the true mark of a champion in my eyes.

And MMA mathematics doesn't really work, I know, but I am more assured after this fight that Hughes can beat GSP as Matt lasted 2 rounds with an attacking Penn before TKOing him in the third, whereas GSP only had to deal with a motivated Penn for one, and even than only squeeked out a decision victory.

Last edited by Zombles : 09-25-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:35 PM   #19
Zombles
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
The Croat Kopp is gonna destroy Fedor.

ridiculous.

Cro Cop has as good a chance as anyone at beating Fedor (as in not very good), but no one will destroy Emelianenko.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:32 PM   #20
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
Heart means taking whatever punishment you have to take, surviving when you're getting dominated, and never giving up or looking for a way out.

And this has always been one of the stupidest arguments I've heard. Penn's stamina wasn't in the same place Hughes' was, does that take away from the latter's win? Should we penalize Hughes because he has a better work ethic and trains harder than the spoiled rich kid?

Matt Hughes is far less talented than B.J. Penn and still ended up destroying Penn. That's the true mark of a champion in my eyes.

And MMA mathematics doesn't really work, I know, but I am more assured after this fight that Hughes can beat GSP as Matt lasted 2 rounds with an attacking Penn before TKOing him in the third, whereas GSP only had to deal with a motivated Penn for one, and even than only squeeked out a decision victory.

Oh, no doubt. I really didn't mean to take away from Hughes victory, I'm just saying, I think Penns cardio had alot more to do with him losing than anything Matt did had to do with him winning. The guys "dominates" he kills anyone put in his path and I bet it felt good to avenge that loss.

Next month is gonna be alot off fun for MMA fans. Pride in USA, Ultimate fight night with a pretty good free card, and Franklin VS Silva all in the same month.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:34 PM   #21
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I can't wait for the Pride show. Really just so I can see Fedor fight for the first time in a year just about.

Vitor Belfort and Dan Henderson are going to fight on that card as well. Mark Hunt fights Butterbean, too.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:36 PM   #22
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I can't wait for the Pride show. Really just so I can see Fedor fight for the first time in a year just about.

Vitor Belfort and Dan Henderson are going to fight on that card as well. Mark Hunt fights Butterbean, too.

Yeah, Butterbean almost makes me lose respect for Pride but he'll probably knock out Hunt

I can't wait to see Vitor. He used to be my favorite fighter when I was a kid. His Wandy knockout is engrained in my brain.

Who else is fighting at real deal? I know Wandy isn't but is Cro Cop? And is it gonna be live here in teh states on PPV or tape delay again?
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:38 PM   #23
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Vitor! The original striker. Probably my favorite fighter of all time.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:30 AM   #24
Zombles
Local High School Star

Quote:

Yeah man. MMA just hasn't been the same without Fedor.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:51 AM   #25
joe lucky
Decent playground baller

joe lucky has an OK reputation so far

whats with all the people knocking on B.J. Penn just b/c he's "rich"? So what does that mean he's not as hungry to win? Give me a break.
joe lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:10 AM   #26
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Yeah, Butterbean almost makes me lose respect for Pride but he'll probably knock out Hunt

I can't wait to see Vitor. He used to be my favorite fighter when I was a kid. His Wandy knockout is engrained in my brain.

Who else is fighting at real deal? I know Wandy isn't but is Cro Cop? And is it gonna be live here in teh states on PPV or tape delay again?

Wow, we called that out at the same time. I totally remebered that fight. I was excited that a striker actually was the dominant fighter in the competition. He was so fast, damn it was fun to watch a fight last less than one minute.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:17 AM   #27
fatboy11

Quote:
Cro Cop is out, too.

Josh Barnett is fighting on the card, too. They're trying to find an opponent for Phil Baroni as well. They want to showcase their American fighters on this card, of course.

Oh yeah, Shogon and Kevin Randleman fight each other as well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: