Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 10-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default NBA game-time commentators should just shut up

NBA play-by-play guys are just so stupid and talk about the stuff that people don't care about. If Doug Collins saw a Picasso he would only talk about the monetary worth. I watch some of the tnt game and all he talked about was how the Blazers shouldn't foul Kobe Bryant hard because that motivates him. He didn't mention once how Kobe Bryant was cutting the defense, how soft the blazers are or how the blazers can only play yesterday's game. By the way euroleague this time of year is much more entertaining.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NBA game-time commentators should just shut up

It was actually a good point and if you watched the post game interview Kobe did say that the hard foul did actually motivate him to go on that streak. It's a fact and Collins pointed it out at that time. Doug Collins isn't just a game commentator. He used to be a coach and was considered for the Bulls opening this year. He's extremely knowledgeable about basketball.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Doug Collins is knowledgeable but talking about a three second comment for twenty minutes is annoying. Kobe Bryant didn't toy with the blazers because of a single hard foul. Kobe Bryant toyed with the blazers because he could and the blazers are soft team playing yesterday's game. The game wasn't even fun to watch because the quality of some of the aspects of the game(mostly the blazers but the Lakers too) was piss poor.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:07 AM   #4
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

why is this thread in the international basket forum?
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:29 AM   #5
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
exactly.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:10 AM   #6
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco

I Guess it Includes with the Sentence he said "Euroleague is much more entertaining this time".. I didnt right it in the same exact words but its similar of the words he said
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if that annoys u, don't ever listen to bill walton. dude talks about some crazy stuff.

doug collins is the most intelligent commentator on tv. i'm so baffled by his knowledge that if he were to tell me something really off the wall, like that i had 3 nuts, i would believe it.

Last edited by jbot : 12-09-2008 at 10:50 AM.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #8
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

I want to tell Doug Collins to tell me something once or maybe twice, and don't go on a rant on the same detail for twenty minutes. The audience aren't nba athletes learning a game plan.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: