Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2009, 07:36 PM   #106
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Champions League Round of 16 - who you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baller
Well at least my barca is still in it....tell me, this is off topic, but my cousin keeps telling me David Villa or C. Ronaldo will go to Real Madrid. True or not?

Impossible to know, but there have been rumours about Cristiano ronald signing for Real Madrid for Real Madrid for the last two years. Villa, they could've signed him when he was still on Real Zaragoza some years ago (it was already obvious he was world-class material) and they even made an offer, but Valencia offered a bit more (12 million , ridiculous amount nowadays considering he's currently one of the best strikers in the world) and Madrid passed. I wish they signed him though.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #107
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean
Yeah some of the violence has been crazy, but I think violence is a universal aspect of soccer unfortunately. Some of it in Poland has been nuts.

Don't get me wrong there have been some great Italian teams and players in the past, both Internationally and domestically, but lately the standard has been real low when compared to the other "elite" leagues.

I agree, the violence in football is universal, but there are things like people getting shot, or flares (which are forbidden in football stadiums), or even people throwing a scooter down from the stands (like it happened in Rome), that only happen in certain places.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #108
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Impossible to know, but there have been rumours about Cristiano ronald signing for Real Madrid for Real Madrid for the last two years. Villa, they could've signed him when he was still on Real Zaragoza some years ago (it was already obvious he was world-class material) and they even made an offer, but Valencia offered a bit more (12 million , ridiculous amount nowadays considering he's currently one of the best strikers in the world) and Madrid passed. I wish they signed him though.

valencia is in major debt at the moment and they look like they will have to sell at least villa this summer, but i dont expect it to be cheap
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #109
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's pathetic to see ll the Americans on this board go by the results and dramatize the dominance of British football.

Manchester barely beat Inter. Luck was on the side of Manchester yesterday and they won, but I was watching and Inter was actually the better side for most of the game. It was obvious these teams are pretty much even, and somehow Manchester leads the PL by far but Everton would sweep the Serie A. Some the preposterous claims ignorant people on this site make are just beyond words.

Arsenal was extremely lucky to beat Roma, Chelsea - Juve was also pretty even. The only British team containing matchup where the difference was so big that one team clearly should have won was Liverpool-Real, and even there the difference looks bigger than it actually is.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #110
Bean
Local High School Star

Bean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
It's pathetic to see ll the Americans on this board go by the results and dramatize the dominance of British football.

Manchester barely beat Inter. Luck was on the side of Manchester yesterday and they won, but I was watching and Inter was actually the better side for most of the game. It was obvious these teams are pretty much even, and somehow Manchester leads the PL by far but Everton would sweep the Serie A. Some the preposterous claims ignorant people on this site make are just beyond words.

Arsenal was extremely lucky to beat Roma, Chelsea - Juve was also pretty even. The only British team containing matchup where the difference was so big that one team clearly should have won was Liverpool-Real, and even there the difference looks bigger than it actually is.

Let me get this straight. You think Inter and Manchester United or pretty much even? Yes or no answer.

No one said Everton would sweep Serie A. Read again. It was said that Everton would break top 4.

Talk about us going by results? You're basing your argunment on the results of the last champions league matches.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: