Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #16
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Andre Smith MIA at Combine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Vernon Davis ran a 4.38/40 and had a 42 inch vertical with a 10 8" broad jump and 33 reps on the bench press.

Is that standing or running vert? Cuz I know that Davis is like 6'1 and 255, thats much weight for his height and he still has 42 inch vert, amazing even if that's running vert...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #17
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I don't think he's top 10 anymore. This kid is an idiot, Why would you get Lazy and kill your stock? If you want to get Lazy at least wait til after the combine
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #18
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Today he bombed his Pro Day. He's in danger of falling out of the first round.

Quote:
SCOUT: “SMITH LOST MILLIONS TODAY”
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 11, 2009, 4:25 p.m. EDT
Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith’s campus workout today in front of NFL scouts was a “disaster,” according to Tony Pauline of SI.com.

Quoting an unnamed scout, Pauline writes that Smith’s lack of preparation was obvious as he was overweight. One scout called the performance, “one of the worst workouts I’ve ever seen.”

Another AFC East scout told Pauline: “He lost millions today.”

As a league source told us earlier today, Smith ran with his shirt off.

According to Pauline, comments were made about “the flab and the rolls on his body” during Smith’s 40-yard dashes as he posted times between 5.21 and 5.29 seconds.

Per the article, several scouts weren’t happy to travel a long way only to witness a bad workout. And Smith’s trainers were not pleased, either.

UPDATE: NFL.com has reported additional details on the workout, noting that Smith was 6-4 1/4, 325 pounds with 40-yard dash times of 5.28 and 5.33 seconds.

He turned in a 25-inch vertical leap, a 7-10 broad jump, a 7.88 time in the three-cone drill and bench pressed 225 pounds for 19 repetitions.

Last edited by DeuceWallaces : 03-11-2009 at 11:00 PM.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #19
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Screw the times, 19 reps at 225!? That's insanely low for a guy his size and as far as I know the only thing teams really care about in these workouts. The kicker from USC did something like 24.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #20
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think still being out of shape is a concern. Overweight when you've known about this forever.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
This tells me very little of his character. So he failed to communicate his intentions, so what? He said that he took care of everything he needed to take care of while in Indy, and he cut things short to train for his pro day.

Now, it's not like he skipped off to take a vacation. He went back to TRAIN for his PRO DAY. That telle me something about his character - he's dedicated and did what he felt was best. Can't fault him 10 draft spots because of this.

Carbine check out his Pro Day. He bombed that.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

I'm aware of that.

My thing was how could you drop someone 10 spots for the actions he took at the combine. I didn't feel it was a character flaw on his part.

However, after he didn't perform well in his pro-day... I wouldn't have a problem with him dropping down based on that. I still think teams are making a mistake is they pass over him if he fills a void on your team. On game-days he was a beast out there, and to me... performing on game-day is more important than performing at your combine or your pro-day.

Scouts should value his game-tape more than how well he runs a drill. If they do that he's still getting picked in the top half of the draft.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #23
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

But being able to perform on Saturdays does not take the work ethic, dedication, and maturity to perform on Sundays, which he clearly has shown he does not have during his time at 'Bama, the combine, and now his pro-day.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: