Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #61
canadianballer
Banned

canadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: TO is a buffalo bill

ownedddddddddddd. embarassed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
looser?

yeah you are. what the fuck dont you understand? nimrod
canadianballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:35 AM   #62
D-Shark

Hitler's mad about Terrell Owens in Buffalo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhiJ...axa_popt00us13
Old 03-12-2009, 04:22 AM   #63
-primetime-

pissed that I missed Owens talk while it was fresh...

now I am sure that everyone is all T.O.ed out...

that video is btw...^^^
Old 03-12-2009, 04:54 AM   #64
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
no you are wrong. I am a TO fan BUT I watched EVERY Cows game the last 3 years when he was on the team. Many of them twice. TO CLEARLY has lost a step. Complete NOBODIES were stopping him with simple bump coverage. If you are the #1 guy you need to be able to power through that with a swim move. TO just cant do that anymore.

I dont have the stats right now but he was thrown to something like 130 times this year and only caught 69 of those balls. He was not getting to many of them b/c he either couldn't get open, dropped them or worse QUIT on the route. I can think of at least 3 INTS just off the top of my head that were b/c he slowed up on a route and at least 1 more that was b/c he tipped a ball he should have had. Sorry. You just can't have that.

his diminishing skills and absolute inability to be a smaller part of the offense without blowing up about it made it impossible to keep him.

If he was still the player he was a few years ago, Jerry wouldnt have cared about the other stuff. But b/c he isnt, that got his ass cut.
I honestly don't think that Owens lost a step...

If he did he numbers certainly didn't show it if you are to subtract the worthless games that Brad was in at QB...

Owens was pretty much on pace for his usual 13 TDs and 1,300 yard season...

I do think that his numbers will drop drastically next year for the obvious reasons...and everyone will probably say he is losing it, even though he will probably still be in better shape than every other WR in the NFL...
Old 03-12-2009, 06:10 AM   #65
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I honestly don't think that Owens lost a step...

If he did he numbers certainly didn't show it if you are to subtract the worthless games that Brad was in at QB...

Owens was pretty much on pace for his usual 13 TDs and 1,300 yard season...

I do think that his numbers will drop drastically next year for the obvious reasons...and everyone will probably say he is losing it, even though he will probably still be in better shape than every other WR in the NFL...

did you not see how easily defenses were taking him out of the game with simple bump coverage in the second half of the year?

aside from San Fran which stupidly played off giving him room to work, everyone else got up on him and he just could NOT break away. Jam him at the line and he is very average now.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:37 AM   #66
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

Bills might want to start JP Losman now, Edwards is good but has a weak Pennington arm, TO will just whine about how Edwards can't get him the ball downfield like he did with McNabb, Losman, throwing bombs to both Lee Evans and TO might actually make Losman look pretty good.
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:40 AM   #67
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
Bills might want to start JP Losman now, Edwards is good but has a weak Pennington arm, TO will just whine about how Edwards can't get him the ball downfield like he did with Garcia, Losman, throwing bombs to both Lee Evans and TO might actually make Losman look pretty good.
FYP

Mcnabb has a really strong arm and throws a tremendous deep ball. That was never the problem with Mcnabb/TO in PHL.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:43 AM   #68
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
FYP

Mcnabb has a really strong arm and throws a tremendous deep ball. That was never the problem with Mcnabb/TO in PHL.
what was TO so pissed about didnt he always complain that McNabb wasn't giving him the ball downfield when he got open?

Also why is TO going to Buffalo, I thought he wants the ball, doesn't he realize that the last 6 games of the year in buffalo its like a freaking snowglobe and throwing deep balls in that weather never happens?
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #69
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

$6.5mil reasons why he went to Buffalo.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #70
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Get your popcorn ready *****es.

Good move by the Bills. He'll sell tickets and if he becomes a distraction, they get rid of him the next year. Bills have a legit shot to take that division next year.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #71
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Get your popcorn ready *****es.

Good move by the Bills. He'll sell tickets and if he becomes a distraction, they get rid of him the next year. Bills have a legit shot to take that division next year.

Not really. Brady comes back and they should win it. The Bills do however, have a legit shot at Wildcard.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #72
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
$6.5mil reasons why he went to Buffalo.

Whats funny is hearing his agent Drew Rosenhaus claim he actually got TO an $800,000 raise.

Um... No Drew. You didn't. There is this little thing called state income tax that Texas does not have that New Yorkers have the privilege of enjoying.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #73
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
did you not see how easily defenses were taking him out of the game with simple bump coverage in the second half of the year?

aside from San Fran which stupidly played off giving him room to work, everyone else got up on him and he just could NOT break away. Jam him at the line and he is very average now.
they showed on ESPN examples of why they think he slowed down...

pretty much every example involved 2 or 3 DBs...

one of the examples kinda upset me, it was against the Steelers and they were trying to show how Owens has "lost a step"...the play they showed was a post route to the left where the CB was stuck on Owens, and Troy came from behind Owens to block his route. It was the typical double coverage that Owens always demands and resulted in an incomplete pass because he was so stuffed...

I don't think this is Owens losing a step, I think this is defenses taking him out of plays but using multiple players to do so...

I can't ever remember one game during his entire time in Dallas where a team decided to just glue a single CB on him where Owens didn't just completely rape the guy, no matter how big of a name that CB was...

I wish Dallas would have played the Raiders, although I doubt they would have lined Owens up on Aso's side that much at all, I still bet there would have been a couple plays of Owens beating him, maybe even a deep TD pass...

now all that being said he is getting old now, and I seriously doubt it is possible that he could be getting any better, it can only go down from here. But I still think that saying "Owens clearly has lost a step" is pretty much false for the most part....and like I said, his numbers do not indicate that he has slowed down at all...
Old 03-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #74
-primetime-

I know I have said this before about Owens but i still think there is a good chance he is on roids...Balco

he has all the symptoms of it:

-amazing shape at an old age
-"rage" issues, or personality issues
-heals from bad injuries in half the time normally expected

and if I had to guess I would say he started using sometime in SF, when he first got there he was as nice as disiplined as can be, and reffered to Steve Young as "sir"...

unlike WRs like Antonio Bryant, who think they own the team on the first day of training camp as a rookie...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: