Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
JayJay23
I airball my layups

JayJay23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Biggest Draft Suprise?

Who has been the biggest draft suprise/steal...I heard Kobe Bryant was 17th overall?
JayJay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
FrenchDude
Decent playground baller

FrenchDude has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Biggest Draft Suprise?

Gilbert Arenas, Michael Redd, Rashard Lewis and Boozer were all picked in the 2nd round if I remember correctly.

Last edited by FrenchDude : 06-13-2009 at 10:22 AM.
FrenchDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

kobe was 13th overall in i think it was '96, when it was unheard of to take a gaurd straight out of high school!

jerry west knows!

gilbert 2nd rounder (which i thought was absurd when it happened!)
michael redd 2nd rounder (another one that i thought was absurd!)
boozer 2nd (i was surprised at how well he turned out actually)
dwayne wade #5 (should have been #1 haha JK! sorta)

who will be this years surprise?

i say sam young, pendergraph, tyler hansbrough (if he's drafted in the 20's)
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ben Wallace, dude was undrafted
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Manu Ginobili was 59th or 60th if im not wrong...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
kobe was 13th overall in i think it was '96, when it was unheard of to take a gaurd straight out of high school!

Please, my Nets would've drafted him at 8 if his agent didn't interfere.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #7
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dont forget, Nash was 15th in the same draft that Kobe was in.

Kevin Martin was drafted late 1st round, and I think Monta Ellis was a second rounder too.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Biggest surprise of this draft is going to be the record setting number of draft night trades. Don't know what the record is, but it's going to be broken.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #9
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Please, my Nets would've drafted him at 8 if his agent didn't interfere.
The former Charlotte Hornets DID draft him but he refused to play here (no words can express my feelings on that)... We traded him for Vlade Divac... FML
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #10
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

...also regarding Kobe and the '96 class: It's easy to say now than Kobe, Nash and Jermaine O'Neal were picked too low, but that draft year was just awesome. Of course not all of them ended up being all stars, but before the draft there were about 30 guys who could have been lottery picks in an average NBA draft. In comparison, this year there are about 5.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh **** Indy bringing Aaron Jackson in for a workout! Best 1 in the draft!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #12
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Oh **** Indy bringing Aaron Jackson in for a workout! Best 1 in the draft!
You damn right.

Aaron Jackson could be a steal, the opportunity however just has to present itself like in Keith Brumbaugh's case in 2008 where he didnt get the opportunity.

Jackson can command the Pacers offense, and control the pace at PG(assuming TJ Ford is traded).
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #13
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
You damn right.

Aaron Jackson could be a steal, the opportunity however just has to present itself like in Keith Brumbaugh's case in 2008 where he didnt get the opportunity.

Jackson can command the Pacers offense, and control the pace at PG(assuming TJ Ford is traded).

Hey if they take him and he proves to be a capable NBA player (let alone worthy of of #7 pick over every 1 outside Rubio) I'll e-blow you for all of time.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #14
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Hey if they take him and he proves to be a capable NBA player (let alone worthy of of #7 pick over every 1 outside Rubio) I'll e-blow you for all of time.
I am eventually going to do my position rankings for the Draft, but honestly Jackson is the #3 PG in the 2009 NBA Draft.

I'd still take Rubio or Jennings over him 10/10 times.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #15
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
I am eventually going to do my position rankings for the Draft, but honestly Jackson is the #3 PG in the 2009 NBA Draft.

I'd still take Rubio or Jennings over him 10/10 times.
A-10 for the win.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: