Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-07-2006, 01:49 AM   #1
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default How lucky are you?

This is a thread talking about how lucky we are and share what happened to us.

I'll start.

I call it 180 degrees from death.

This happened just last night. I was in the passenger seat when this happened. And for the recored, I didn't know the dumbass driver was drunk until after all of this happened. He was going roughly around 60 on a dirt road. He didn't see a curve in the road. I told his ass to slow the f*ck down and told him that a curve was coming up, he didn't listen to me. We slide off into the woods and the car rolled over roughley around 10 times. we took out 4 or 5 good sized trees. Luckly, the car landed back on the wheels. That's why I call it 180 degrees from death because if the car landed on the top, the roof would have caved in and I would have been dead or crippled. To be honest, I'd rather be dead than crippled. I walked out with whiplash a monkey bruise on my shoulder, a bruise on my knee a few cuts on my fingers and now with a new found biggest fear of car accidents. I went to bed and it was playin over and over and over in my dream. I had the lord on my side.

The car didn't belong to the driver. It was someone else's, which I thought he got permission to use, but in reality, the dude took it without asking. The car owner was at a convenient store. The driver ran his ass home, but I used my head, even though I was f*cked up because I was in major shock. I went straight to the owner as soon as possible and told him exactly what happened. Because of that, the owner has major newfound respect for me. As for the dumbass, he can go to hell for all I care.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:48 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

several stories,

When i was 3 I tried flushing myself down the toilet like it happens in the movies sometimes.
half my body went down the toilet and I was stuck with my waist in the hole and my head barely above the toilet. (i was only three dont laugh) My mom came in and shreaked and then I got spanked the **** out of me when they pulled me out.

Then when I was 2 years Old I got attacked by my pet cat because I kept poking its eyes and pulling its tail. I had to go to ER because my face was covered in blood.

My best story was when I sat in the back seat of a mini van. During a red light i decided to move to the middle row where ann the sudden a Car hits us at 55 MPH and totaled the car...it hit ud from the back right after I decided to move to the middle...Had I stayed in the back...I wouldnt be typing this message..I would have been Dead or retarded. and just like clipps, I would rather be dead than retarded.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #3
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

whenever i drive up to traffic lights they allways turn green!
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:42 PM   #4
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

whenever i was 6 or 7 we were in arkansas outside a hotel fishing. I was fishing with my family and i was on the side of a bank that was pretty steep. IT was like a ramp but all grassy. Well i thought i had caught a fish and so i leaned in a lil bit (dono why u usually lean back) and i fell in. My dad wasnt beside me or my mom or my bro. They didnt notice until my dad checked on me and he saw i wasnt there and i was flailing my arms in the water and my dad jumped in and got me.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #5
Star#9
Banned

Star#9 has an OK reputation so far

When I was 7 I was at some caverns out in Pennsylvania on vacation. I decided to venture into one of them, even though the sign clearly read "do not enter". I did it anyway. I walked and walked for about 15 minutes, picking random passages to travel down. I wanted to go back, but I was definitly lost. I was sitting in that stupid cave, crying, for like an hour. Thank God they found me. I am grateful every day that they found me.
Star#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #6
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

damn thats intense
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #7
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

After talking to the cops and a few friends and family members about what happened in my crash, all of them are telling me that I shouldn't be alive right now. I'm not lucky. I'm gratefull that the Lord was on my side.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #8
guacomole
I brick open layups

guacomole has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star#9
When I was 7 I was at some caverns out in Pennsylvania on vacation. I decided to venture into one of them, even though the sign clearly read "do not enter". I did it anyway. I walked and walked for about 15 minutes, picking random passages to travel down. I wanted to go back, but I was definitly lost. I was sitting in that stupid cave, crying, for like an hour. Thank God they found me. I am grateful every day that they found me.

That would be the worst, when your a liitle kid getting lost in pubic places is scary enough.
guacomole is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: