Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-20-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool
Default My last thoughts on who to draft at #11

Not sure if any cares about this or my thoughts, but i really hope that the Nets do NOT screw up this pick at #11. I'm reading every site and every rumor about who they pick up. Here's one:

On Terrence Williams: The Seattle product has risen rapidly on the draft boards and the Nets do like him enough to grab him at 11. There is serious though going on to try to work a trade with either Chicago (16 and 26) or Minnesota (18 and 28) to try to parlay the 11th pick and whatever into two first rounders. But do the Nets really want to add two more bodies, two more young bodies? And as one source said, "Someone would probably take Williams at 11." NY Post

"I know from close sources that New Jersey has interest in me, and I have a lot of interest in New Jersey with that level pick," Williams, the versatile swingman from Louisville, said after his workout with the Nets yesterday. "With my position, I think I could help right away and learn a lot from Vince Carter." NY Post

I have nothing against Williams but I really feel strongly that the pick should be on a SF or PF not a PG or SG. In my opinion, there are only 2 dudes the nets should target: Earl Clark and James Johnson. Preferably Earl Clark. If the nets pass up on this kid, trust me, I GUARANTEE YOU that they will be sorry. There's 2 superstars in this draft class: Blake Griffin and Earl Clark. In a few years Earl Clark will be amongst the Elite. That's all i have to say about that. Thanks for listening! ALso im going to print out this Post that i made and Frame it on my wall, and if the Nets pass on this kid, im going to repost this a million times...

Last edited by JerzeyBlaze : 06-20-2009 at 03:15 PM.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: My last thoughts on who to draft at #11

I think the Nets will get a solid player. Earl Clark and James Johnson would be welcome. I'm even warming up to the idea of Tyler Hansbrough.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

yea he's cool too. i just want it to be a good draft thats all. There's not much we can do as fans but hope they can pick up a decent player u know?
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

We won't know if it's a good draft until at least a few years down the line. Last year's is looking good but you still don't really know how good Anderson or CDR will be. We know Lopez will be a monster and that makes it a successful draft, but we don't know how successful.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far

I still think Tyler Hansbourough would be a nice addition. Maybe not with the 11th pick, but if we trade down, he should be someone we look into.
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
Vinsanity850
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Vinsanity850 has an OK reputation so far

I'm down with drafting a point forward in T Will. That would open up more off ball shots for harris and carter
Vinsanity850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #7
5 Star
Can barely lace up my sneakers

5 Star has an OK reputation so far

Williams could do some great things for the team for sure. I would not be mad at that pick one bit.

Also- I am really warming up to the idea of them selecting Earl Clark.

There really isn't to much they could do to screw the draft up.
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: