Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-26-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far
Default What Could Have Been

No this isn't another thread about who we could have picked. This is about who was actually offered to the Grizzlies in trades. I don't know if I would do some of these trades but there are at least a few where you have to question what in the world the Front Office was thinking.

Check out some of the offers. Which ones do you think we should have gone for? Which ones are you glad we didn't do?

http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/th...much-more.html
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What Could Have Been

If the beasley for the number two rumor was true. I would rather have "Be-Easy". Than Thabeet.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:00 AM   #3
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Beasley and Chalmers for the 2nd and 27th?

That would have been good. So, we have had chances to take 2 of the 4 from last year's draft and we pass on both?

Well, we really didn't get an offer for Love, Wallace just wanted too much for too little.

But still, we could have had Mayo and Love or Mayo and Beasley.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Beasley and Chalmers for the 2nd and 27th?

That would have been good. So, we have had chances to take 2 of the 4 from last year's draft and we pass on both?

Well, we really didn't get an offer for Love, Wallace just wanted too much for too little.

But still, we could have had Mayo and Love or Mayo and Beasley.

I honestly think all of those rumors that sounded to good to be true, were exactly that.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

Yea for the most part I thought the offers were pretty weak. Beasley might have been worth it; however, you gotta wonder why Miami would be so willing to give up on him after a year.

Like Chris Herrington pointed out in the Flyer, the Clippers were the ones who said no to the Zach Randolph deal, and whether or not you like Randolph, thats at least a sign the Grizz are willing to spend some of their precious cap space.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

Chris Wallace apparently thought it was a good deal too. Miami turned down the Beasley deal - not the Grizzlies- according to a correction by the same reporter who wrote the first article.

http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/th...the-story.html
Old 06-28-2009, 02:12 AM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Memphis
Chris Wallace apparently thought it was a good deal too. Miami turned down the Beasley deal - not the Grizzlies- according to a correction by the same reporter who wrote the first article.

That makes sense now. Miami would of been dumb to trade beasely
Old 06-28-2009, 04:42 AM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Memphis

Thanks. It makes more sense, much more.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: