Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #256
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Nets trading Vince Carter, R.Anderson to Magic for RAlston, Courtney Lee, Tony Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sriracha
Don't hate man:

I guess Rafer Alston is 6'5" as well. C'mon man...you have to know that NBA.com does not list their actual height. Earlier some one was saying this guy could be similar to Brandon Roy Brandon Roy is at least 6'5". Lee is not. ISH has a tendency to overate guy too much, get a grip. I really like Lee but he's too undersized. If he could play point then fine, but he doesn't have a handle either.
Through out the playoff he guarded the likes of Eddie House, Ray Allen, Delonte, Mo William...not much of a size challenge there.
Hate? i was wrong, my bad. and how did i overrate him by saying he was 6'5? you guys are hilarious.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #257
923julia
Can barely lace up my sneakers

923julia has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Re: Nets trading Vince Carter, R.Anderson to Magic for RAlston, Courtney Lee, Tony Battie

you may love this one ,even though you don't love NBA.

http://www.madnike.com

923julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #258
Wagon jumper
I brick open layups

Wagon jumper has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nets trading Vince Carter, R.Anderson to Magic for RAlston, Courtney Lee, Tony Battie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
The magic got rid of a young 2 guard who has shown signs of being a really good player for a 50 year old dunk artist.....
And now they don't have one of their match up problem players that helped them get to the finals in the first place.

Did you just started following NBA during 09 playoff? As decent as Lee is, if you dont follow Magic's game or play fantasy league, you would never notice Lee present. If you classfic Rafer as young guard, apparently VC is a year younger than Rafer. So there you have it Magic get the young guard which perform way........ better than Lee and Rafer combine.
Wagon jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #259
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Nets trading Vince Carter, R.Anderson to Magic for RAlston, Courtney Lee, Tony Battie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon jumper
Did you just started following NBA during 09 playoff? As decent as Lee is, if you dont follow Magic's game or play fantasy league, you would never notice Lee present. If you classfic Rafer as young guard, apparently VC is a year younger than Rafer. So there you have it Magic get the young guard which perform way........ better than Lee and Rafer combine.

No one cares about Raefer because he wouldn't be playing with Nelson in anyway. It would be advised if you actually read what I said in the first place because I've never mentioned anything about him.
It seems to me that they aren't signing Turkoglu because they have Vince now. So they lose 2 starters from a Finals team for 1 guy that is aging. Good call.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #260
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love how everyone is picking Nelson over Alston.

Mark my words the Magic will regret chosing Alston over Nelson. They could have gotten a better deal for Nelson as well...
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:50 AM   #261
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation
Default Re: Nets trading Vince Carter, R.Anderson to Magic for RAlston, Courtney Lee, Tony Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense

Mark my words the Magic will regret chosing Alston over Nelson. They could have gotten a better deal for Nelson as well...
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #262
bizzaro

bizzaro has an OK reputation so far

i love VC, and the magic. win win situation. will he be #15 since hedo is gone?
bizzaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #263
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzaro
i love VC, and the magic. win win situation. will he be #15 since hedo is gone?
He better take it before Hedo resgins.. VC has been 15 since HS
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #264
Power_Ballin
I hit open 5-footers

Power_Ballin has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense

What the...

Power_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #265
TheAnti-Dentite

TheAnti-Dentite has an OK reputation so far

Vince's playmaking ability is rather unheralded. Second tier in that aspect among shooting guards, only a bit behind premier off-guard playmakers like Kobe, Roy, etc. He's a comparable shooter to Turk, I'd say he's just as, if not more clutch, and has him beat in just about every other area.

Quite the two different players, but if Turk is gone, they'll still have a solid secondary ballhandler to make plays when Nelson/Alston aren't in. Hopefully Vince we'll start penetrating more with the Magic behind him, although they'll still be dangerous if he takes a role more geared towards shooting.
TheAnti-Dentite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #266
tsnorquist

tsnorquist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnti-Dentite
Quite the two different players, but if Turk is gone, they'll still have a solid secondary ballhandler to make plays when Nelson/Alston aren't in.

Wasn't aware the Magic picked Alston back up in the trade that sent him to NJ for Carter.
tsnorquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #267
ANBU21
I brick open layups

ANBU21 has an OK reputation so far

The Orlando Magic still plan to make Turk a final offer after he test's the market. Orlando is willing to go over the cap by 10mill, leaving them to spend 11mill to shore up the roster. I think Otis plans on giving Turk the 8mill a year or less depending on the other offers he gets. So what do you guys think, would the Magic leave only 3mill to sign another 3 bench players?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,2502874.story
ANBU21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #268
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldar
Take

the

charge

Thats what they told Weis and we all know how that ended lol
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #269
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation
Default Re: Orlando to trade for VC from nets for Rafer, Courtney and Tony Battie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

He plays about 8 miles outside of Manhattan. Get a map!!!!!!!

8 miles or 800 miles. Nets got no fan base, otherwise they wouldnt be spending so much money just to move across a bridge. Idiot.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: