Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #31
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Artest a mistake

well i was listening to the radio awhile ago, artest was on being interviewed and they asked him about his and kobe's relationship... he proceded to blast the refs for ruining their match up in the houston series by ejecting him.. i would not be surprised to hear artest just picked up his first fine as a laker...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #32
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love this, we needed someone like this. A black horse with an edge that is an elite defender.

I can't wait to see Artest elbowing Pierce/Lebron on every possession. And then seeing them get t'd up afterwards .
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #33
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
well i was listening to the radio awhile ago, artest was on being interviewed and they asked him about his and kobe's relationship... he proceded to blast the refs for ruining their match up in the houston series by ejecting him.. i would not be surprised to hear artest just picked up his first fine as a laker...lol

lol I see Phil and Ron have already a lot in common.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #34
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lol I see Phil and Ron have already a lot in common.
haha yeah, but somehow i feel jackson's are alot more strategic, thought out and planned then artests
Old 07-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #35
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Artest a mistake (Article)

Overlooked part of this is that opposing teams cant hide their star wings on Trevor or Luke. They're going to have to guard somebody now, either Kobe or Ron.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:28 AM   #36
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
haha yeah, but somehow i feel jackson's are alot more strategic, thought out and planned then artests

Thats a good point as well. I wonder what Phil has in stock on how he plans to keep Artest focused on the one goal.

I remember when Sheed first became a Piston, LB basically said "you need to let sheed be sheed".

Wonder what kind of mind games Phil can play on Artest.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:04 AM   #37
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Thats a good point as well. I wonder what Phil has in stock on how he plans to keep Artest focused on the one goal.

I remember when Sheed first became a Piston, LB basically said "you need to let sheed be sheed".

Wonder what kind of mind games Phil can play on Artest.
phil doesn't really motivate or control players, he leaves that up to them to police themselves..phil puts the players in the right spot at the right time to succeed..

jacksons one greatest strength is getting a group of players to buy into a "phil"osophy where they all surrender individual needs to acomplish a goal as a team, he doesn't deal with the players as individuals but as a unit, he doesn't cater to the players he doesn't try and become one of the guys or reach them on their level, he insists they come up to his level andthat's why they respect him... it's the idiots like smush and cook that can't see past that and fail in his system as a laker...

this will be entirely up to artest if it's going to work, phils not going to try and speak crazy pills language crazy pills will have to learn to speak phils, just like jordan and pippen did and just like kobe has done the last couple years...
Old 07-06-2009, 01:09 AM   #38
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
phil doesn't really motivate or control players, he leaves that up to them to police themselves..phil puts the players in the right spot at the right time to succeed..

jacksons one greatest strength is getting a group of players to buy into a "phil"osophy where they all surrender individual needs to acomplish a goal as a team, he doesn't deal with the players as individuals but as a unit, he doesn't cater to the players he doesn't try and become one of the guys or reach them on their level, he insists they come up to his level andthat's why they respect him... it's the idiots like smush and cook that can't see past that and fail in his system as a laker...

this will be entirely up to artest if it's going to work, phils not going to try and speak crazy pills language crazy pills will have to learn to speak phils, just like jordan and pippen did and just like kobe has done the last couple years...

Man so much potential...he really could have been something

Edit: and I do agree, I remember when Gary Payton was crying through the media to Phil...one thing I remember Phil saying was "Gary needs to be on our page, we don't need to be on Gary's page". It does sicken me that these players don't appreciate their sorroundings.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #39
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Man so much potential...he really could have been something

rofl Smush Parker could have been something? Thats probaly why he's playing in Taiwan or something right now.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:53 AM   #40
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense
rofl Smush Parker could have been something? Thats probaly why he's playing in Taiwan or something right now.

He actually could have been something had he kept his head on straight. He had potential. A good 3 pt shooter, very good at getting to the rim. Pretty good pickpocket as well.

His first season with LA was really good.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: