Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-18-2006, 08:14 PM   #16
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Maybe a second round team, but defenitely not a top 4 team.

Who do they have to be better than?

-San Antonio
-Dallas
-Miami
-Cleveland

Ok, top 5 then.

-Phoenix are crap
-LA Clippers were a fluke
-Detroit are past it

Hilton Armstrong or Josh Boone could well be available when the Lakers pick. I could see them trying to get James WHite i nthe second round as well.

This Lakers team is still relatively young and will get better pieces around them eventually.

From a Celtics fan.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 08:21 PM   #17
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
One somewhat interesting tidbit. I am not exagerrating when I say: I have never seen Odom make a three pointer as a Laker. That's right. Not one time. Granted I've never watched an entire game, but the times I have watched, probably adding up to about 14 quarters overall this season, I have never seen him make one. In fact, every one has been a gigantic brick, the kind that looks like it never has any chance, and hits the outside or top of the rim and falls to someone standing 20 feet away from the basket.

And yet, here's the funny part, he shot 37.2% from three this season. Better than Gilbert Arenas. Granted Arenas is the better shooter, granted he only takes the widest of wide open ones, but I was stunned to find this out. I thought he had a Wade-esque number.
LO hit some big threes for us this season. His shooting imo is improved from last year.

I agree about not having any moves besides the left hand drive. He can post up though we rarely seem to use him in the paint.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:39 PM   #18
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I like Odom and think he's the perfect fit for Bryant.
Actually Jamison is IMO. Odom needs the ball in his hands and is inconsistent. Kobe needs consistent guys who don't mind deferring to him. Jamison is at his best when someone else has the ball. He's going to give you 10 boards every night, he's going to hit all his open jumpers, he's going to put back all your misses, he's never going to completely disappear, he's not going to challenge Kobe's ego, and he's going to pad Kobe's assist stats.

I thought Odom would be the perfect fit for Kobe but Odom hasn't improved the jumper and Kobe hasn't become an off-ball roamer. If these two things could happen then the Lakers would be unstoppable. Kobe needs to realize that Odom is better at making things happen for the team than he is, and that all he needs to do is score efficiently and they'll win games.

I'm with you on Mike James and Przybilla making these guys a second round team at worst. Depth is still a huge problem but they did pretty good with a 2 man team and humongous holes at the 2 most crucial positions.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #19
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Batchoy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Who do they have to be better than?

-San Antonio
-Dallas
-Miami
-Cleveland

Ok, top 5 then.

-Phoenix are crap
-LA Clippers were a fluke
-Detroit are past it

Hilton Armstrong or Josh Boone could well be available when the Lakers pick. I could see them trying to get James WHite i nthe second round as well.

This Lakers team is still relatively young and will get better pieces around them eventually.

From a Celtics fan.
Phoenix are crap? When did this happen? Right after they lost in the Western conference finals? What happens when Amare returns? Maybe Phoenix becomes less stinky crap, but still not in The Lakers class? I don't think so.

Detroit may be past their prime (some people may disagree), but you can't convincely put The Lakers ahead of them. Even if The Lakers do make some changes, they still have to prove themselves. Unless those changes involve superstars and even then I would like to see what the rest of the team looks like.

We'll just have to wait and see, this upcoming season, if The Clippers were actually a fluke or not. And if they were, then you'd be correct.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: