Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-14-2009, 03:00 AM   #1
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Question about Sean May

Howdy y'all, i guess since i go to college in NC, i should be a Bobcat fan, but as of right now that isn't the case lol, i like em and i'll root for em, but not over my main team the Cleveland Cavs.

So i hear the Cavs are going to work out Sean May on Wednesday, can i get some sort of opinion on his game, what's he good at, what is he terrible at. i know he's been injury prone, but i figure y'all would know best

Thanks for the help
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:54 AM   #2
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Question about Sean May

He's good at eating and losing control of his weight.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
BeebCats
Serious playground baller

BeebCats has an OK reputation so far

He's got a mid range jumper, good hands -- when he wasn't injured, he was solid. Personally, I hope we keep him. My bro saw him at the airport a couple days ago, said he looked ripped with no fat at all.

If he turns the corner and stays healthy this year, and goes somewhere else, a lot of bobcats fans are going to be upset...
BeebCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

BeebCats pretty much summed up his pro's, and THB nailed his cons.

What college do you go to?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
BeebCats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
BeebCats pretty much summed up his pro's, and THB nailed his cons.

If you're talking to me, NCSU.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Actually, I was talking to the original poster.

Boo for you going to State, however.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

I heard that he was playing pick-up ball at UNC this summer and he looked good. Count me as one of those that will be disappointed if he goes elsewhere and stays healthy but I am not disappointed that we cut his contract. He wasn't worth the risk at that salary.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #8
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far

he worked out for clippers,clevland,and sacramento today in vegas i heard he slimed down alot.
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:41 PM   #9
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My prediction: He will sign with one of those teams, have a good first half of the season, blow out his knee and goodbye.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh

Guilford College. Small liberal arts school in Greensboro
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
BeebCats

Sounds like he impressed some teams in vegas:

Quote:
May emailed me to say he worked out for Cleveland, Chicago, Sacramento, Portland and the Los Angeles Lakers. He says that resulted in multiple contract offers that he and his agent (Arn Tellem) are considering.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_th...postvegas.html

That makes me sad, I WANT HIM BACK!! I'm going to be so pissed if/when he goes to a different team, stays healthy, and produces like I know he can...
Old 07-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeebCats
Sounds like he impressed some teams in vegas:

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_th...postvegas.html

That makes me sad, I WANT HIM BACK!! I'm going to be so pissed if/when he goes to a different team, stays healthy, and produces like I know he can...

This might just encourage our FO to re-sign him and give him a chance. If he doesn't work out with the Cats then at least we know that we won't have trouble unloading him.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #13
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

An update to beebcats post:

News, observations and reader questions about the Sacramento Kings and the NBA.
July 17, 2009
Sean May may be coming this way (and Gates officially added)
It could be days or perhaps weeks, but it appears likely that the news of Sean May joining the Kings will eventually transpire.

It could still fall through, but there are strong indications that the fifth-year, 6-foot-9 forward will be added to the Kings' roster on a one-year deal worth the league minimum for veterans of $884,881. The Kings would get a slight discount on the deal ($59,384) per the league's collective bargaining agreement, as the league helps foot the bill on veteran's minimum deals that are just one season. In the end, the Kings would pay $825,497 of May's salary.

"There is strong interest on both sides, but nothing has been formalized," said his agent, Bob Myers, of the Wasserman Media Group, by phone this afternoon. "Hopefully we'll know soon."

It's unclear what the hold up is, although the Kings have made a habit out of taking their time on all personnel matters during this offseason and really have no reason to rush. They could still be considering other free agent options, but the prospect of Ike Diogu returning seems unlikely unless his perceived price tag lowers.

Considering the former Kings forward expressed disappointment at his old club declining his $3.9 million qualifying offer, there's a long ways to go to get from there to May's territory money-wise. There is also the reality that salary cap space is precious right now, with the spectrum of trade possibilities wider when that financial figure is bigger.

May has had an injury-plagued four seasons in Charlotte after being drafted 13th overall by the Bobcats out of North Carolina in 2005. He has played 82 games in all largely because of three surgeries on his right knee, one of which was a microfracture procedure that kept him out for the entire 2007-08 campaign. He dealt with weight issues until early January, when Bobcats coach Larry Brown told him he wouldn't play unless he trimmed down to 260 pounds after he had been 285 in training camp.

May worked out for the Kings and Portland separately on Wednesday and for Cleveland on Thursday, but canceled Friday's scheduled workout with the Clippers in a move that led to speculation that he had found a home. He showed off his 260-pound frame to the Kings while assistants Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Mario Elie taking part, with some media informally observing the session.

Joe Freeman of the Oregonian was among them, and he had this to say in this blog post...

May displayed three-point range, low-post ability and looked as if he had lost a significant amount of weight since the end of the regular season. May said his weight remains near 260 pounds, but that he has shed four percent of his body fat since the end of the season, his fourth with the Charlotte Bobcats.
May spoke at length in Freeman's post about the state of his career and his burning hunger to revive his career, so I'd recommend giving that a read.

On the upside with May, he hasn't logged a lot of miles on the court since winning a national title with the Tar Heels in 2005. At his best, he is a versatile scorer and good rebounder who could find minutes in the rotation of coach Paul Westphal. At his worst, obviously, he's the guy at the end of the bench in the suit who just can't stay healthy. It's not a done deal, but don't be surprised if this deal gets done.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...ay-may-be.html
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: