Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #16
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Best Prospect For the '10 Draft?

Next year's draft is almost the opposite of this years. It has guys who have the potential to be every year all-stars like Wall, Monroe, Cousins but it lacks in role-player depth like this year's draft did. You could have 5 guys in the top 10 be absolute great players but have every pick past 20 be a complete dud.

This year's draft didn't have any superstars but at least had depth and 2nd round guys who are going to have roles on NBA teams.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:13 AM   #17
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My top 5 prospects:
1. John Wall
2. Greg Monroe
3. Donatas Motiejunas
4. DeMarcus Cousins
5. Ed Davis
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #18
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Aminu is going to explode in his sophomore season.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #19
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ndy&id=4288761
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #20
unknown101
Local High School Star

unknown101 has decent reputationunknown101 has decent reputation

OKC is in for a good draft....
They have their pick and the Phoenix Sun's pick which is probably going to be a lottery pick since they want to trade everybody.

Also, Im hoping for the Rockets to get a top 5 pick too cause this draft is amazing.

This years draft a bunch of people who have potential to be starters
Next years draft a bunch of potential all star/superstars
unknown101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:17 AM   #21
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

They said if John Wall went this year he would go over blake griffin to more than 50% of the NBA teams.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #22
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
They said if John Wall went this year he would go over blake griffin to more than 50% of the NBA teams.
Yeah, last year he may have. And next year he may also. But the '10 draft is a lot more talented at the top of the draft away from Wall.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #23
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation

John Wall, I have a feeling he will just dominate in college playing with Calipari who coached both Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans look where they are now. Btw Tyreke had 33 pts and 9 rebs last game so John Wall could be the next great PG Calipari will create.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:17 AM   #24
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

I remember I informed Interminator of this in the NBA forum...

I'm not sure of the # now, it was either 4 or 5. But there's been very few players 6'5" or shorter who have gone #1 overall. Allen Iverson, Derrick Rose, and John Lucas were 3 of them. There was 1 or 2 more but I can't remember who. I'll check. Every other #1 overall pick in history has been 6'6" or taller and most at least 6'8". Wall will have to be amazingly good to out-do the bigs at the top of this draft class.

Edit: Austin Carr was the 4th. That's 4 players ever who have gone #1 overall while being 6'5" or shorter.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 07-19-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:19 AM   #25
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eh, I don't really feel like that's a very important stat to consider. If Wall was under 6'1" maybe, but from when I've seen him in real life, he looks like the legit 6'3" he's listed at.

The kind of explosiveness, change in direction speed, and off the charts athleticism he has to go along with his excellent passing and defensive potential make him a can't miss prospect. If he has an even average season with Coach Cal at Kentucky, I have no doubt in my mind he'll go top 3, most likely number 1.

I'm really surprised to see Willie Warren so high on early draft boards, some of the scouts I've spoken with aren't that impressed with his game and I don't think he's a top 3 pick like some people are considering. Sure, he's a great scorer with nice athleticism, but I feel like there's several other players with more potential than him.

Updated top 5:
  1. John Wall - see above; NBA comparison: Derrick Rose/Dwayne Wade
  2. Greg Monroe - just has the complete package, perimeter skills, amazing passing ability for a big man, ball handling skills, a nice hook shot and developing post game. I really question his motor and toughness. If he can put together all his skills and play a consistent season, I could see him challenging John Wall for the number one spot, if he has a very inconsistent and streaky season I can see him dropping down to the 10-15 range and possibly returning to school. NBA Comparison: Pau Gasol (if he puts it all together)
  3. Derrick Favors - haven't seen a whole lot of him, but from what I've seen: extremely explosive, streaky face up game, very good interior weak side defender and shot blocker, and nice high post game. Like Wall, if he puts together a decent season, he'll be taken top 5 for potential if nothing else. NBA comparison: young Amar'e Stoudemire
  4. Donatas Motiejunas - I've seen him play 5-6 times and have come away very impressed each time. He's a little soft and has a shorter wingspan than his height but he's ridiculously skilled for a 7 footer. He has a sweet shot from the perimeter and shows good ability to put the ball on the floor, gets to the line a high clip and is a good shooter when he gets there. He's a little soft defensively and doesn't always play hard but as we know, GMs are always looking for the next Dirk. NBA comparison: Andrea Bargnani
  5. Avery Bradley - Nearly as good as John Wall in my opinion. He's an extremely skilled combo guard (I think he can play the point full time, although a lot of scouts seem to disagree) who is very good two way player. An excellent team and man defender as well as lights out scorer who can take over the game. He can stroke it from deep as well as take it to the hole and finish with a explosive dunk. Look out for this guy next season, I think he can be a top 5 pick if he plays well in Texas. NBA comparison: Delonte West (more potential)
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:35 AM   #26
KBryant24
Lebron>Jordan

KBryant24 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown101
OKC is in for a good draft....
They have their pick and the Phoenix Sun's pick which is probably going to be a lottery pick since they want to trade everybody.

OKC has two potential lottery pics in the upcoming draft. All we need is a big guy and a maybe a sharpshooter off the bench. BJ Mullens could be good, but I would rather draft another Center and try and develop them both rather than just rely on Mullens.
KBryant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: