Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-23-2006, 12:53 AM   #16
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Swerski
...cry miserably.

You are right in Rodney Carney having the single most potential of anyone in the draft tho, but Adam Morrison is right behind him, creepy mustache and all.

Rudy Gay has the most potential in this draft by far. He is more athletic than Carney, has a better midrange shot and NBA 3 shot, he is two years younger, and hasn't even realized how good he is.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:41 AM   #17
Yanks26RedSox1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Rudy Gay is a better basketball player then Rodney Carney, but he is NOT a better athlete. Carney is much faster, can jump higher, and is twice as coordinated. If you put Rudy Gay's game with a tighter jump shot together with Carney's athleticism, you pretty much get Tracy McGrady. You can teach Carney how to play better, you cant teach Gay athleticism
Yanks26RedSox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:42 AM   #18
Yanks26RedSox1

And if Rudy Gay didnt realize how good he was, he would go back to Uconn and play another year instead of coming out too early just like Karon Butler did. He doesnt realize how good he is, he thinks hes better then he is
Old 06-23-2006, 01:11 PM   #19
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks26RedSox1
And if Rudy Gay didnt realize how good he was, he would go back to Uconn and play another year instead of coming out too early just like Karon Butler did. He doesnt realize how good he is, he thinks hes better then he is

You are way off my friend. First of all Rudy Gay can do dunks that only Rodney Carney can dream off. Second, Gay at times dissapears in games and isn't very assertive. If he thought he was better than he was, he would constantly put up ill advised shots and become more assertive getting the ball. Gay needs to become more assertive and I think he will in the NBA if he learns from a good coach. As to going back to UConn, I was suprised he stayed for his sophemore year because he needs cash, he grew up in a bad neighborhood in Baltimore, MD and wants to get his family out of that. I have no problem with his discision to leave, but idealisticly he really needs to stay untill his senior year.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:51 AM   #20
Yanks26RedSox1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
You are way off my friend. First of all Rudy Gay can do dunks that only Rodney Carney can dream off. Second, Gay at times dissapears in games and isn't very assertive. If he thought he was better than he was, he would constantly put up ill advised shots and become more assertive getting the ball. Gay needs to become more assertive and I think he will in the NBA if he learns from a good coach. As to going back to UConn, I was suprised he stayed for his sophemore year because he needs cash, he grew up in a bad neighborhood in Baltimore, MD and wants to get his family out of that. I have no problem with his discision to leave, but idealisticly he really needs to stay untill his senior year.
i didnt say it was a bad decision to leave, but being able to dunk better doesnt mean you can jump higher. Carney can do some crazy **** when hes in the air and can dunk just fine, although i cant say hes a better dunker than Rudy Gay bc he can dunk the ball as well. Carney is still more athletic and already shoots the 3 ball better
Old 06-24-2006, 02:46 AM   #21
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks26RedSox1
i didnt say it was a bad decision to leave, but being able to dunk better doesnt mean you can jump higher. Carney can do some crazy **** when hes in the air and can dunk just fine, although i cant say hes a better dunker than Rudy Gay bc he can dunk the ball as well. Carney is still more athletic and already shoots the 3 ball better

When Gay gets in the lane he can fly though. When Gay develops he will be one of the best drivers in the NBA. Carney is very athletic probaly number 3 next to Gay and Thomas, but not in Gay's league. Plus Gay has more of an NBA 3, he has much more range than Carney with his high arching J.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:24 AM   #22
Yanks26RedSox1

oh yea i forgot that rudy gay's 3-ball almost hits the ceiling...that must mean its better
Old 06-25-2006, 11:27 AM   #23
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

It means it has more range than Carney's 3 which is better suited for the NBA. Plus if obviously GM's agree with me because it is Rudy Gay who is considered a top 5 pick and not Rodney Carney.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:59 PM   #24
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Yankees26Redsox1, your name shows how much you know. Why do you think Yankees' fans say 1918? or atleast used to, you ignorant fuuker.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:36 PM   #25
KiNG
I hit open 5-footers

hey, didnt rondo miss that 3 to put em ahead of uconn in the tourney??
KiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:45 AM   #26
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Default Re: Teams in need of PG will regret passing on Rondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
he'll be the next brevin knight, has the same game. But if you're gonna sit here and tell me he's gonna be better than Rudy Gay, Tyrus Thomas, Aldridge, Bargnani, Morrison or Brandon Roy, you're crazy.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: