Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #31
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
how do u know that Lawson is better than Carter right now? You haven't seen him play in the NBA.

how can he not be? who isnt better than ac?

Quote:
I'm almost certain he will be at some point but from day one? you don't know that. Afflalo is a better offensive player than Jones but not defense, they may be a wash.

ill let someone else show you DJs defensive stats...not so great afterall. (except against CP3)

Quote:
I was saying as presently built, i don't feel that Lawson, Afflalo and Allen is an upgrade(or much of one) to Carter, Kleiza and Jones. Especially when you take into account how the Blazers, Hornets, Spurs and Mavericks have improved. What do you have to say to that?

we play the mavs tough. hornets arent that much improved. blazers yes and spurs yes but like i said, we are after the lakers. thats our challenge.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #32
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

that's all fine and dandy, that's who every one is after. They are the defending Western Conference and NBA champs. That's who everyone should be after. But my point is that Denver, as currently put together, is probably the 4th or 5th seed in the West.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #33
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
that's all fine and dandy, that's who every one is after. They are the defending Western Conference and NBA champs. That's who everyone should be after. But my point is that Denver, as currently put together, is probably the 4th or 5th seed in the West.

We were the #2 seed last year, what's changed that were going to drop 2 positions? I could see you saying third or something because you might think that the Spurs are back, but 4th?

You crazy! Last year everybody said we'd miss the playoffs, I said we would get a top 3 seed and everybody called me an idiot so I think that I'm justified when I say that you're an idiot. Our team will be better this year than last year and I cannot think of any logical reason why we would be worse, Billups gets his first training camp with us, our young core of JR, Melo and Nene will be better and Lawson should be replacing Anthony Carter.

Worse??
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #34
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
We were the #2 seed last year, what's changed that were going to drop 2 positions? I could see you saying third or something because you might think that the Spurs are back, but 4th?

You crazy! Last year everybody said we'd miss the playoffs, I said we would get a top 3 seed and everybody called me an idiot so I think that I'm justified when I say that you're an idiot. Our team will be better this year than last year and I cannot think of any logical reason why we would be worse, Billups gets his first training camp with us, our young core of JR, Melo and Nene will be better and Lawson should be replacing Anthony Carter.

You think it's completely preposterous to say that both Dallas and Portland are better? Portland has more young talent and just added one of the best leaders in the league. And Dallas has added multiple veteran pieces to go with their already talented team. Doesn't sound that idiotic to me...where as Denver has if anything stayed where they are at. You could be the 3 seed, i just think you're going to be 4 or 5.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #35
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

I just want to clear something up. I don't feel that Denver is WORSE, i just feel that they will have a worse seed because of how much better other teams have gotten. That is all.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #36
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
You think it's completely preposterous to say that both Dallas and Portland are better? Portland has more young talent and just added one of the best leaders in the league. And Dallas has added multiple veteran pieces to go with their already talented team. Doesn't sound that idiotic to me...where as Denver has if anything stayed where they are at. You could be the 3 seed, i just think you're going to be 4 or 5.

I think it's a bit too soon to jump to that conclusion. The Nuggets have only 10 players now, and they have to add three more to comply with the League's mandatory number of 13. There is a strong possibility that they will add Coby Karl, who will add a very steady player off the bench. Then it will depend upon who they add with the other two openings. Assuming that they bring back Kleiza and Carter, they will be a stronger team than last year. If they add someone else who is more talented than these two, they could be downright awesome!!!
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #37
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerface
I think it's a bit too soon to jump to that conclusion. The Nuggets have only 10 players now, and they have to add three more to comply with the League's mandatory number of 13. There is a strong possibility that they will add Coby Karl, who will add a very steady player off the bench. Then it will depend upon who they add with the other two openings. Assuming that they bring back Kleiza and Carter, they will be a stronger team than last year. If they add someone else who is more talented than these two, they could be downright awesome!!!

Coby Karl will not put them over the top of the 2 teams i just named. If they are better, it won't be because of him. As for the other 2 spots, i feel that if they get those 2 back, they still are behind those teams on paper. But like i said, if they finish 3rd i wouldn't be surprised either.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #38
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Coby Karl will not put them over the top of the 2 teams i just named. If they are better, it won't be because of him. As for the other 2 spots, i feel that if they get those 2 back, they still are behind those teams on paper. But like i said, if they finish 3rd i wouldn't be surprised either.

On paper, they are younger and stronger than the Spurs with their starting lineup. As far as the Lakers, it depends upon injuries, and how hungry Kobe and the Lakers will be for a repeat. It also depends upon injuries that the Nuggets may sustain. But a starting lineup of Billups, JR, KMart, Melo, and Nene can compete with anyone when they are all healthy. The Lakers bench may be a bit stronger than the Nuggets, but, depending upon who they add with the final three slots, the Nuggets bench will be equal to or better than the Spurs.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:12 PM   #39
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

How the hell does adding Marion and Gooden make Dallas THAT much better? Give me a break. And regards to Portland, they added a point guard that doesn't fit their style, yet they get better too? And don't give me **** about "oh they're a young core that will continue to get better" because that's exactly how Denver is only they're more experienced with more surrounding veterans.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:14 AM   #40
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

I'm not saying they WILL be better. I just think they will. I could be wrong. Denver could still finish ahead of both. But as for the Spurs, how the hell does Denver look better on paper? that's so dumb. San Antonio is loaded. Trust me, i hate the Spurs. But Denver is not better than SA if the Spurs are healthy.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #41
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

If it's one thing I've learned over watching basketball over the years, it's don't judge teams based on how they look on paper. Maybe Denver actually is better than SAS, maybe they aren't. That's why they play the games.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:46 AM   #42
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
If it's one thing I've learned over watching basketball over the years, it's don't judge teams based on how they look on paper. Maybe Denver actually is better than SAS, maybe they aren't. That's why they play the games.

exactly, all I'm saying is that on paper they are not better than those teams. But like i said, they could finish ahead of them
Old 08-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #43
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Quote:
exactly, all I'm saying is that on paper they are not better than those teams. But like i said, they could finish ahead of them

These conversations are very interesting. I can hardly wait until the season starts to see how all of the teams will do. It was about this time last year when a lot of the basketball pundits were writing the Nuggets off and predicting that they would not even finish in the top eight. October cannot come soon enough!!!! If the Nuggets go all the way, I will go to the top of Pikes Peak or Mt. Evans to shout out that "THE NUGGETS ARE THE BEST"
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: