Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 08-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation
Default Hornets trade Rasual Butler to the Clippers

Quote:
The New Orleans Hornets will trade shooting guard Rasual Butler today to the Los Angeles Clippers for a future conditional second-round draft pick, a league source confirmed on Wednesday.

The swap gives the Hornets some financial flexibility - Butler was scheduled to earn $3.945 million this season - as well as potentially opens up minutes at the position for Julian Wright, Morris Peterson and rookie Marcus Thornton.

Peterson was the starting two guard last season before early injuries opened the spot for Butler, who seized the moment by having arguably his best NBA season.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...trading_g.html

Quote:
The Los Angeles Clippers today acquired veteran swingman Rasual Butler and cash from the New Orleans Hornets in exchange for a conditional second round draft pick in 2016.
“We are very excited to add Rasual to our roster,” stated Clippers Head Coach and General Manager Mike Dunleavy. “We believe he is another piece who will help us get back to being a competitive playoff team.”

The seven-year NBA veteran registered his most productive season in 2008-09, averaging 11.2 points, 3.3 rebounds and 31.9 minutes while playing in all 82 games (74 starts) for the Hornets. Butler also connected on 40 percent of his field goals and 37 percent of his shots from behind the three-point line last season. In five playoff games for the Hornets in 2009, Butler tallied 10.6 points and 3.0 rebounds per contest.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/bre...ews090812.html

From press release...

Quote:
“Today’s move allows us to increase our financial flexibility while at the same time gives us an opportunity to improve at that position,” said General Manager Jeff Bower. “Due to the depth we have, it will allow us to open up minutes and opportunities for Julian Wright, Morris Peterson and rookie Marcus Thornton, all of whom we anticipate great contributions from this season.”
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Hornets trade Rasual Butler to the Clippers

Juilian Wright isn't a shooting guard. He is more of a combo forward.

Last edited by idizzle : 08-12-2009 at 02:47 PM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Rasual basically became a starter by default last season. Mo Pete was sucking and had gotten injured and there was really no one to challenge Rasual for the starting position. Devin Brown was sucking as well. Rasual just so happened to bounce back this season from that terrible 07-08 season that relished him to the end of the bench while the Hornets went on to win the SW Division title.

The Hornets probably still aren't finished with the offseason.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

I think Marcus Thornton was a steal and will play better than Butler did. Plus they still have Mo Pete and Juilian Wright around.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #5
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
I think Marcus Thornton was a steal and will play better than Butler did. Plus they still have Mo Pete and Juilian Wright around.

I'm kind of anxious to see what he can bring to the professional setting outside of Summer League games.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

appearnatly a salary dump... hmm... he was a nice player last yr... hopefully they find a good replacement
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
KrispyKreme0
I hit open 5-footers

KrispyKreme0 has an OK reputation so far

Meh, as long as Mo Pet and Posey steps up, it's not that big a deal. You know what's a big deal? leaving you box of dozen Krispy Kream donuts in the car.
KrispyKreme0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrispyKreme0
Meh, as long as Mo Pet and Posey steps up, it's not that big a deal. You know what's a big deal? leaving you box of dozen Krispy Kream donuts in the car.

KrispyKreme, have you tried CP3's Krispy Kreme bread pudding yet?
Old 08-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #9
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sucks for you guys, I really like Rasual.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:49 PM   #10
KrispyKreme0
I hit open 5-footers

KrispyKreme0 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
KrispyKreme, have you tried CP3's Krispy Kreme bread pudding yet?

Are you kiddin' me donut? of course. That's the best $hit I've tasted. As soon as I saw this video:

http://foodbeast.com/content/2009/05...as-chris-paul/

I tried it myself. It tasted so good that it felt like a dream. I demolished that within a minute. It was a like a match made in heaven. Hornets plus Krispy Kreme FTW.
KrispyKreme0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #11
ZeN
24,300...2K To Go

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Sucks for you guys, I really like Rasual.

I hope theres good reason for you liking him.. cause I wanna see him do good with the Clipps..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:35 AM   #12
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
appearnatly a salary dump... hmm... he was a nice player last yr... hopefully they find a good replacement

Basically.

I'm pretty sure they tried to offload MoPete first, but had no takers and did what they had to do. I'm stoked about having Butler in L.A. but the Hornets have a solid replacement in Marcus Thornton.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: