Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 11-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool
Default welcome earl boykins

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/11/11/boykins.wizards.ap/

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Washington Wizards have signed free-agent guard Earl Boykins after a series of injuries at that position and waived center Paul Davis.

Boykins has averaged 9.4 points and 3.4 assists in 10 NBA seasons with eight teams. He played in Italy last season.

Davis averaged 2.5 points and 1.5 assists in two appearances for the Wizards (2-6) this season.

Wizards guard Randy Foye sprained his right ankle during Tuesday's loss to Miami. Other injured guards: Mike Miller (left shoulder), Mike James (left hand), Javaris Crittenton (left foot). Also, forward Antawn Jamison (shoulder) has been out all season.

With all the backcourt injuries, it's good to have Boykins on the squad. Dude can still fill it up in a hurry.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: welcome earl boykins

Do you think Earl Boykins will stay the whole season or do you think he will stay until we get healthy or need to fill in another spot with a free agent. Also i heard some good news saying that both Miller and Jamison will play this saturday against the Pistons!!
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #3
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerballer21
Do you think Earl Boykins will stay the whole season or do you think he will stay until we get healthy or need to fill in another spot with a free agent. Also i heard some good news saying that both Miller and Jamison will play this saturday against the Pistons!!

not really sure i mean if he can help out and grunfield decides to keep him then we would have a huge logjam at the guards...goddamn i just want young to get some PT. ship dominic mcguire/stevenson and boykins out for some solid PF or C. i would say amare but with phoenix's scorching start it's not entirely plausible.

really? that's great news...why is that funny?
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
Lancerballer21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
not really sure i mean if he can help out and grunfield decides to keep him then we would have a huge logjam at the guards...goddamn i just want young to get some PT. ship dominic mcguire/stevenson and boykins out for some solid PF or C. i would say amare but with phoenix's scorching start it's not entirely plausible.

Oh i thought that roll was happy...oops my bad.

I also think nick young should get more playing time, but until he improves on his defense he is only gonna play when we are up or down by a lot.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #5
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero

Yeah I really do wanna see Young get more mins and continue grow, hopefully in the IQ area. Love his skillset but he has bad selection at times. He's a baller and can light it up with his array of ballhandling/athleticism/shooting but he needs to really learn an execute a set offense more consistently for me.

I also agree that it would be lovely if the Wiz could trade for another PF/C. I LOVE Amare and he has always been one of my fav players but I really think the Wiz should target someone more well-rounded on the defensive front. McGee ain't marinated for big-time yet and Haywood is solid but always been servicable more or less. He tends to get tons of fouls which is key to beating teams like Boston/Cleveland/Orlando that have deep frontcourts with physically imposing players. Need more solid defense up front but with fouls to go around too.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
Lancerballer21

After watching earl boykins in his first couple of games i have completely changed my opinion on him. I thought he was just gonna be another guy to ride the pine, but i really think he can contribute big time.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: