Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 11-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Wafer Might Get Cut By Olympiacos For Poor Play

There have already been 3 articles in Greece that Von Wafer might get cut soon by Olympiacos due to poor play. He makes $5 million net per season (like a $10 million a year NBA contract) and these are his game logs so far:

Wafer's first 4 games in Europe:

Game 1: (Euroleague)

3-5 FG
4-5 FT

10 points
4 rebounds
1 assist
1 steal
0 blocks
2 turnovers

Game 2: (Greek League)

1-4 FG
0-2 3PT FG

2 points
1 rebound
0 assists
0 steals
0 blocks
0 rebounds

Game 3: (Euroleague)

2-4 FG

4 points
2 rebounds
1 assist
0 steals
0 blocks
2 turnovers

Game 4: (Greek League)

2-4 FG
0-1 FT

4 points
0 rebounds
0 assists
0 steals
0 blocks
1 turnover

There is already articles and forums and blogs of Olympiacos fans calling for him to be cut. I just thought I would let you know.

BTW, Spanoulis is averaging 16 points per game in just 18 minutes of playing time. He is shooting 71% from the field, 89% from the free throw line, and 60% from 3 point range.

Since Rockets fans have made it a personal mission to bad mouth Spanoulis and claim he can't play in the NBA and can only play in the "scrub league" where "all NBA players dominate".............

Well you can all reassure yourselves that Van Gundy was a complete moron. Wafer just like Jannero Pargo last year, is a complete scrub in Greece. These guys were 6th men on NBA playoff teams. Spanoulis meanwhile is God in Greece. Making players like Pargo and Wafer look like complete jokes.

Maybe one day Rockets fans will actually grasp how incredible of a player you lost in Spanoulis due to Van Gundy.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Wafer Might Get Cut By Olympiacos For Poor Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
There have already been 3 articles in Greece that Von Wafer might get cut soon by Olympiacos due to poor play. He makes $5 million net per season (like a $10 million a year NBA contract) and these are his game logs so far:

Wafer's first 4 games in Europe:

Game 1: (Euroleague)

3-5 FG
4-5 FT

10 points
4 rebounds
1 assist
1 steal
0 blocks
2 turnovers

Game 2: (Greek League)

1-4 FG
0-2 3PT FG

2 points
1 rebound
0 assists
0 steals
0 blocks
0 rebounds

Game 3: (Euroleague)

2-4 FG

4 points
2 rebounds
1 assist
0 steals
0 blocks
2 turnovers

Game 4: (Greek League)

2-4 FG
0-1 FT

4 points
0 rebounds
0 assists
0 steals
0 blocks
1 turnover

There is already articles and forums and blogs of Olympiacos fans calling for him to be cut. I just thought I would let you know.

BTW, Spanoulis is averaging 16 points per game in just 18 minutes of playing time. He is shooting 71% from the field, 89% from the free throw line, and 60% from 3 point range.

Since Rockets fans have made it a personal mission to bad mouth Spanoulis and claim he can't play in the NBA and can only play in the "scrub league" where "all NBA players dominate".............

Well you can all reassure yourselves that Van Gundy was a complete moron. Wafer just like Jannero Pargo last year, is a complete scrub in Greece. These guys were 6th men on NBA playoff teams. Spanoulis meanwhile is God in Greece. Making players like Pargo and Wafer look like complete jokes.

Maybe one day Rockets fans will actually grasp how incredible of a player you lost in Spanoulis due to Van Gundy.

I agree with you, I thought Spanoulis could of been a good player, but Van Gundy would pull him every time he made a mistake. As far as Von Wafer, he probably doesn't want to be there like Pargo. I would like to have Wafer back if we could get him.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

I don't really know whats the deal wit Wafer in the Olympiacos. Kinda embarrassing because i bet he thought he would beast over there. I guess its an underrated league, to me atleast. i knew that european basketball has been making strides but Wafer struggling over there is a surprise to me.

As for Spounilis, he showed flashes. It was evident he wasn't ready to get major minutes in the NBA, he was too inconsistent and sporadic with his play. With time i think he could have been a decent to solid NBA player. Those are great numbers he's putting up but unless he actually has a solid career in the NBA (if he ever decides to give it another go), he hasn't proven anything and it will remain at that.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #4
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
I agree with you, I thought Spanoulis could of been a good player, but Van Gundy would pull him every time he made a mistake. As far as Von Wafer, he probably doesn't want to be there like Pargo. I would like to have Wafer back if we could get him.

He is making what is = $10 million a year in the NBA. He wants to be there very badly.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Link?
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:07 AM   #6
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Wafer was benched in the Euroleague game that was just played. He did not even play. The coach said it's because the other players out play him in games and in practice.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:07 AM   #7
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Just like Jannero Pargo was cut for poor play by Olympiacos last year, it's about to happen to Wafer too. He's just not good enough for the Euroleague level on a big club like Olympiacos.

He never passes, he never plays any defense, and he is always arguing with the coaches. He's a real bargain at $10 million.

http://www.talkbasket.net/news/giann...home-2567.html

Giannakis sends Von Wafer home

Just days before crucial games such as against Partizan and Panathinaikos, Olympiacos' coach Panagiotis Giannakis told Von Wafer to leave the training of the team, according to sources of the Greek sports website Sport24.

According to Sport24 sources the player did not have a conflict with Giannakis himself but with one of the coaches and after he was told to leave he ran to the locker rooms. This comes just hours after an Olympiacos-orientated newspaper, "Protathlitis", revealed that Giannakis is seriously considering of replacing Von Wafer with Patrick Beverley for Greek domestic games, something which would mean that Von Wafer would be only used for Euroleague games.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 11-25-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Von Wafer BTW was already cut from his team due to poor play for the Greek League and Greek Cup season. He was replaced on the roster by the Heat's draft pick Patrick Beverly.

http://www.talkbasket.net/news/von-w...rley-2603.html

Von Wafer replaced with Beverley

It was rumored even before the season start of the Greek A1 and it is now official. Olympiacos' coach Panagiotis Giannakis made the big decision to replace Von Wafer for the team's domestic games in Greek League and Cup with Patrick Beverley who has been nothing less than impressive so far, contrary to Von Wafer.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #9
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
Von Wafer BTW was already cut from his team due to poor play for the Greek League and Greek Cup season. He was replaced on the roster by the Heat's draft pick Patrick Beverly.

http://www.talkbasket.net/news/von-w...rley-2603.html

Von Wafer replaced with Beverley

It was rumored even before the season start of the Greek A1 and it is now official. Olympiacos' coach Panagiotis Giannakis made the big decision to replace Von Wafer for the team's domestic games in Greek League and Cup with Patrick Beverley who has been nothing less than impressive so far, contrary to Von Wafer.

Poor Wafer lol. Now come back to Houston and get your attitude straight!
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #10
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

His stats in the Greek League:

Greek League:

9.7 MPG

36.4% FG
0.0% FT
33.3% 3 PT FG

3.0 Points Per Game
1.3 Rebounds Per Game
0.0 Assists Per Game

0.0 Steals Per Game
0.0 Blocks Per Game
0.3 Turnovers Per Game
0.3 Fouls Per Game

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 11-30-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #11
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Olympiacos announced that Wafer can either stay with the team and get paid, but not play for the rest of the year because he performed so poorly or he can go back to the NBA and try to get a minimum contract, but he will have to relinquish his contract and remaining guaranteed money for this season ($1.8 million net) if he wants to do that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: