Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-20-2006, 07:57 AM   #16
cabz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Jordan Farmar isn't in your top ten, even though he went to the march madness finals!
cabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:02 AM   #17
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

What have you ever seen of Ronnie Brewer to make you think he can't shoot?

The answer can only be nothing because he hasn't shown anyone that he can't get his shot off. Because he can.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:11 AM   #18
fatboy11

You know, I really, really want to shut down all this talk of Ronnie Brewer not being able to score in the NBA.

So..................CED, I want you to give me an example of why Ronnie Brewer won't be able to score. Give me a basis for your claim. Otherwise, shut the F up about it because you have no grounds.

I have Jamaal Wilkes, Josh Howard, Shawn Marion, Juwan Howard, and many, many others with horrible releases on their jumpshots that say you're full of sh!t.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #19
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Yeah, I was going to really get into the comments about how he can't shoot, but I knew you'd come handle that anyway. In fact, anytime someone posts on the Clutchfans message board about how they are scared of Brewer because "he has an ugly release", I think to myself "Heads would roll if Fatboy posted on this board".

The way people judge players in the draft is so damn stupid at times. Some guy made a post saying all this stuff about draftees, very matter-of-factly, yet it was obvious that he hadn't seen them play and he hadn't even been keeping up with the draft. He said Carney had a "monstrous 40+ inch vertical" (which is actually 38.5), Redick is only 6'3" (he's 6'5"), and that Randy Foye plays exactly like Luther Head.

I mean, I don't think any of us fans on a message board are claiming to have watched full games of every single guy in the draft, but damn. I don't go saying "this guy won't amount to anything because he's a bricklayer" just because I've read that he's got a funky looking shooting form.

I have only seen highlights of Brewer, sure, but if there's one thing I know most about basketball it's shooting. What I see on Brewer's shot is wide elbows, which would normally be a red flag. Anyone with a brain knows to look past that, though. His release isn't slow. He gets great elevation from the floor. He squares his body nicely. He gets a smooth rotation on the ball. He gets a nice arc on his shot. I don't care how his arms look...all those signs point to a very healthy shot.

Lastly, his percentages are good. 51% from 2 and 34% from 3 over his college career are in no way, shape, or form BAD. Just as an example, nobody would be unhappy with 38% from 3, but in reality that's only 4 more made 3's for every 100 taken. Big deal. There's absolutely no reason that Brewer shouldn't be considered in the Top 5 SG's in this draft, much less if it's because of his shooting ability. That's just retarded.

Last edited by ClutchCityReturns : 06-20-2006 at 10:02 AM.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:20 AM   #20
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

I don't agree with your lists.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:02 PM   #21
Da KO King

As FatBoy knows I personally feel Brewer's range of motion, or lack of it, is a major concern.

You can bring up all those others with strange releases but the key to remember is that all had full range of motion on their arms. Brewer does not.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #22
babybulls

Jordan Farmer is either one or two on the PG list...probably two
babybulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #23
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
As FatBoy knows I personally feel Brewer's range of motion, or lack of it, is a major concern.

You can bring up all those others with strange releases but the key to remember is that all had full range of motion on their arms. Brewer does not.
........and until Ronnie proves that his shot release is a legitimate threat to his scoring ability at the next level, I wouldn't worry about it.

If his stock is falling because of this BS shot release stuff, someone is going to get a major, major steal.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:21 PM   #24
pharoahtwon

Default Overall Nice Job

But I too think Brewer needs to be in there somewhere along with Rondo, Farmar and Sene. Carney a little low and so is Tyrus Thomas, but who really knows at this point. At least you seem informed of the players unlike alot of people that start threads.
pharoahtwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #25
DrAwesome06

I do not see Shelden Williams as better than Bargnani or TT because he does not have the potential that either one of those players have, he has hit his ceiling and will be a good stiff in the league (and an above average rebounder), but no star (no Bill Russell for instance). Farmar has to be higher. Powe is a little high, I think teams feel that he is injury prone and will stay away from him. How about Sergio Rodriguez? But overall a very solid list especially in the centers and SG (though Saene could really see his stock rise since he is a physical specimin)
DrAwesome06 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: