Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #31
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Tebow Taken Before Jimmy Claussen and Colt McCoy?

Question how many times has Kiper been right?
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #32
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

These QB'S are overrated.

I dont remember the last time i was in awe of QB's coming out of college. As a Jet fan I wasnt that impressed with Sanchez coming out of college he turned out to be decent game manager by the end of the season.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #33
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
These QB'S are overrated.

I dont remember the last time i was in awe of QB's coming out of college. As a Jet fan I wasnt that impressed with Sanchez coming out of college he turned out to be decent game manager by the end of the season.

Peyton Manning for me....knew he was going to be good.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #34
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
IMO, the bottom line here is that I don't think you're gonna find anyone who's going to work harder than Tebow. You don't win 2 Heismans for nothing. I guarantee he's been working on everything everyone's been bytching about and he will continue to do so. Tebow's gonna be the first one in the locker room and the last one out every damn day of the week. That kid will do work here in a few years.

He didn't win two Heismans. He won one Heisman and was a finalist two other times.

And he may have the best work ethic of any draft prospect ever. That's all good. But he is a project quarterback, and IMO, you don't trade away later draft prospects to move up in the 1st round to draft a project QB. Especially one with as many questions surrounding him as Tebow has. Clausen may not be a sure thing but at least he doesn't need as much work and development as Tebow.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #35
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
The consensus from the experts...NFL guys, not the KIpers etc...is that this draft became nothing but 2nd & 3rd round quality after about the 20th player selected.

So if that's the case, and you have guy who has a real NFL body; has displayed leadership ability at the highest level of collegiate football; has consistently overcome doubts about his potential (insiders projected him to move to LB or TE in college based on his lack of big time QB skills); is a strong character guy; can run, throw and doesn't shy away from contact; AND you have a pair of QB's that nobody sees as leading your franchise for the next 10 years, why not?

You can talk about areas of need all you want. But if you're at a point in the draft where you're looking at the 3rd best OL, DL, S, whatever, and there's a guy who has been the best college football player of the last few years and has all the qualities listed above, the pick makes perfect sense to me.

well said! i like the pick personally, clausen is garbage ok so he's ok with the deep ball but he has a slow delivery and his throws out to the flat are not impressive at all either, i like dan lefevour out of central michigan also, but that denver tebow pick makes perfect sense dam the haters
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #36
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
He didn't win two Heismans. He won one Heisman and was a finalist two other times.

And he may have the best work ethic of any draft prospect ever. That's all good. But he is a project quarterback, and IMO, you don't trade away later draft prospects to move up in the 1st round to draft a project QB. Especially one with as many questions surrounding him as Tebow has. Clausen may not be a sure thing but at least he doesn't need as much work and development as Tebow.

yeah idk what what I was thinking there, my bad my bad.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #37
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
The consensus from the experts...NFL guys, not the KIpers etc...is that this draft became nothing but 2nd & 3rd round quality after about the 20th player selected.

So if that's the case, and you have guy who has a real NFL body; has displayed leadership ability at the highest level of collegiate football; has consistently overcome doubts about his potential (insiders projected him to move to LB or TE in college based on his lack of big time QB skills); is a strong character guy; can run, throw and doesn't shy away from contact; AND you have a pair of QB's that nobody sees as leading your franchise for the next 10 years, why not?

You can talk about areas of need all you want. But if you're at a point in the draft where you're looking at the 3rd best OL, DL, S, whatever, and there's a guy who has been the best college football player of the last few years and has all the qualities listed above, the pick makes perfect sense to me.
what?

all I have heard over and over is how this is the deepest draft ever...

I am looking at the second round here almost the same as I did the 1st...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah this draft is considered one of the deepest in terms of talent. So much people really value the top of the 2nd rd as if it was a first round pick. Lots of guys have first rd grades on them that will be taken today in rd 2.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: