Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 06-17-2006, 01:44 PM   #16
HoustonRockets87
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
Unfortunately (or hopefully fortunately), Ronnie Brewer came in as the 2nd best ranked athlete at the combine. I'm not sure who was #1, as the list I saw was only of big name draftees. The top guy must have been a second rounder like James White, possibily.

Brewer had a 41" vertical, second only to Jordan Farmar at 42" (I know...WTF, right?). He benched 185lbs 19 times, which was second only to Shelden Williams with 25. He was middle of the pack in lane agility, and was 2nd in the sprint (3.14) to the speed demon Rodney Carney (3.06).

All in all he really kicked some ass, but that may not be a good thing if his stock moves up considerably. I'm starting to get worried that he won't be there at 8
James White wasn't at the combine. On ESPN Insider he was on the list of prospects that either weren't invited or couldn't make it. It's too bad. I would've liked to see what his vertical is.

J.P. Batista and Kenny Adeleke beat out Shelden on the bench perss with 26 reps each. Brewer's vertical and 16 rep bench press are very impressive. I bet Farmar worked his ass off to get that 42 inch vertical. He measured in at 4 percent bodyfat. Not saying he was fat at all before but he probably lost some fat and trained like an animal.

Last edited by HoustonRockets87 : 06-17-2006 at 01:47 PM.
HoustonRockets87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:29 PM   #17
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRockets87
James White wasn't at the combine. On ESPN Insider he was on the list of prospects that either weren't invited or couldn't make it. It's too bad. I would've liked to see what his vertical is.

Yeah, the list I saw originally only included about 20 guys, so I had no idea who the #1 ranked guy was. Didn't realize White wasn't there, but I figured he was a good guess. I suppose I'm not all that surprised that it was David Noel. He looked like quite an athlete at the dunk contest. Very NBA-ready build.

Farmar is a freak with that vertical. If you watch his video at the link I posted, the very last play they show is a breakaway dunk of his. He really throws it down with some force, two handed. It's worth a look.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:14 PM   #18
PureElement
Local High School Star

ROnnie Brewer, the guy is what we need, all around skill. Shooting is important but not at the cost of good defense, IQ and passing.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:33 PM   #19
insidehoops
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
ROnnie Brewer, the guy is what we need, all around skill. Shooting is important but not at the cost of good defense, IQ and passing.

I don't know yet if he's a "very good defender" vs. an "AWESOME defender"
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:28 PM   #20
DreamRuled
Kids at the park dunk on me

If we can get him, take Marcus Williams...He's the best pure PG in the draft, and shots well enough to help out on the perimeter offensively. He seems adequate defensively. He can sit behind Rafer for a year, and then start.

If he's gone, then Ronnie Brewer... He'll be a competent PG for quite a while, and he gives us a big guard to pair up with Luther Head, if Head does end up being our 2 of the future.

I was high on Rodney Carney, until I found out he only measured out at under 6'6" with shoes on...to small to play SF, and there's no point in basically duplicating what we already have in Head.
DreamRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:14 PM   #21
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

we need a guard with quick defense and a spot up shot. reddick is not the answer. ronnie can be a good option. but maybe roy can slip to us?:rollingeyes:
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: