Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-30-2010, 03:27 AM   #151
Ancient Legend
Possessed by B-Ball

Ancient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Round 1, Game 6, Phoenix @ Portland APRIL 29 - PHOENIX LEADS 3-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
Am I the only one who thinks that Roy coming back when he clearly was not ready was selfish and stupid? Having a 75% Roy out there chucking hurt the Blazers a lot more than it helped them, McMillan should have had the balls to bench him.

I too gave Roy the benefit of the doubt on returning, but after rejecting Steve Nash's handshake, he comes off as an egotistical ass.
Roy better stick to those Geico caveman commercial with Shawn Marion, gonna be a long offseason for them.
Ancient Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:38 AM   #152
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks that Roy coming back when he clearly was not ready was selfish and stupid? Having a 75% Roy out there chucking hurt the Blazers a lot more than it helped them, McMillan should have had the balls to bench him.

At the same time, the Blazers looked pretty desperate after games 2 and 3. I also think Roy's comeback was a big part of the motivation behind game 4's, even though it didn't translate into success for games 5 and 6..
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:48 AM   #153
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Besides that initial burst of momentum that he produced in Game 4, Roy was more of a liability than anything else. He was getting beat left and right on defense, was slipping all over the floor, losing his balance and generally was a negative rather than a plus. He spent way too much time out on the floor tonight and someone else should have been in there in his place.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:26 AM   #154
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
At the same time, the Blazers looked pretty desperate after games 2 and 3. I also think Roy's comeback was a big part of the motivation behind game 4's, even though it didn't translate into success for games 5 and 6..

I'd strongly agree on this, the Blazers could have dropped 4 straight without Roy coming back in game 4.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:14 AM   #155
ODEN>DURANT
Local High School Star

ODEN>DURANT has no real reputation yet.

Well done Suns, had too much for us in the end, good luck in the 2nd round.

Rudy and Martel played great games tonight. 8-10 from 3 between them. Roy, Aldridge and Miller sucked.

Next season, it's time to push on the WCF or the semis. Last season, the excuse was that it was out first seson in the playoffs as a group, this season the excuse is the injuries.

I'm looking for a WCF appearance next season.
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #156
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Just wanted to give props to the Suns. This season has been very disappointing for us Blazers fans but I'm glad they at least tried. (Well, I assume.. I didn't get to catch most games, and even the games I could have watched I didn't because it's been too painful to watch games with all the damn injuries.)

Anyways, just giving props. Having said that, I'm probably cheering for your opponent in the next round! haha
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #157
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
Besides that initial burst of momentum that he produced in Game 4, Roy was more of a liability than anything else. He was getting beat left and right on defense, was slipping all over the floor, losing his balance and generally was a negative rather than a plus. He spent way too much time out on the floor tonight and someone else should have been in there in his place.

My question is: who? Roy pretty much took Rudy's minutes, which at the very least made the Suns unable to hide Nash on defense by sticking to Rudy. It took till game 6 for Rudy have a decent game. As disappointing as Roy was, he made the Suns at least have to focus on him a bit, while there wasn't any focus needed on Rudy.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: