Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-19-2006, 03:29 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Should the Raptors trade the no. 1 pick?

Or use it?

If they use it, who should they take, and why?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Use it on LaMarcus Aldridge and only LaMarcus Aldridge.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

It depends how much demand there is for the pick. The player I want us, as a fan of the team, to pick is LaMarcus Aldridge. Though, I believe that Andrea Bargnani could also be the pick. However, we could also trade down for a point guard like Marcus Williams.

If we stay at the 1st overall selection, I would like LaMarcus Aldridge. He likes the city and is good friends with Chris Bosh. Bosh, Aldridge and Villaneuva would give us three solid young big men.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
Unregistered

As long as we get either Rudy Gay or Andrea Bargnani, it doesn't matter what the Raptors do with the #1 pick. A lineup with Bosh and CV and Gay at the wings will be the most explosive threesome in the Eastern Conference (sign Jay Williams to push the ball). Recent measurements of Andrea would suggest he has the body to become a future centre. I see him as a cross between Pau Gasol and Dirk. What we can get out of the trades will be a bonus (Telfiar, Jack, Knight?) but we shouldn't lose focus on these two major talents.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:44 PM   #5
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
As long as we get either Rudy Gay or Andrea Bargnani, it doesn't matter what the Raptors do with the #1 pick. A lineup with Bosh and CV and Gay at the wings will be the most explosive threesome in the Eastern Conference (sign Jay Williams to push the ball). Recent measurements of Andrea would suggest he has the body to become a future centre. I see him as a cross between Pau Gasol and Dirk. What we can get out of the trades will be a bonus (Telfiar, Jack, Knight?) but we shouldn't lose focus on these two major talents.

Bargnani will never become a Center because he is not a good enough rebounder, shot blocker, or anything a Center is suppost to do. Plus he scores most of his points from the outside and will develop his driving to the hoop and low post skills. He is a true 4 who could also play 3 but definently not 5. Anyways the only option here for the Raptors is to trade down and draft Marcus Williams. They could look for a veteran Center in the trade but if no trade is workable they could stay at 1 and draft Marcus Williams.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: