Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Article: Jefferson is a great pick and roll player

Quote:
7/14 12:00 pm ó Al Jefferson in the pick and roll - A Breakdown
Al Jefferson took part in 87 pick and rolls this last season as the roll man, according to Synergy Sports. Today I watched all of them and broke down his efficiency in pick and roll situations.

Last season the Timberwolves starting running the Triangle offense under Head Coach Kurt Rambis. This eliminated most of the pick and roll from the offense.

The Jazz donít run the pick and roll nearly as much as people believe. However, I was pleased to see that Al Jefferson is a very effective pick and roll player. In many ways, better than I anticipated.

This is the chart breaking down all of the possessions

http://www.nba.com/jazz/features/locked_on_jazz.html
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Article: Jefferson is a great pick and roll player

IMO I think Utah got very luck and landed Jefferson.

There frontline is banking on their newly acquired rook for SF help , but Milsap and Big Al , unbelievably their PF position is solidified.
I would not doubt Sloan will be highly influent to Big Al's development along with newly acquired Raja Bell.

Al's weak spot is defense , and if he loses 15 lbs and 4 -6 points a game , but makes up for it with his defense , he will have an arena of fans backing him in Utah as long as he plays there.
Sloan I think will also influnce his personal life ,and make Big Al be a better person.

D-Will and Bell = one of the best back court tadom's in the league.
Why ?
D-Will is a 2nd or 3rd option offensive player always looking to pass and reading the defense very similar to Clyde Frazier. Which mean just him looking OVER defenders gives me a step or two of open space to nail a jumper. If he were to slash and dish or miss a layup , he has what most coachs orgasm over , a SG that has great defense on the blocks , on the wing and most importantly on outlet passes or fast breaks.

Just watch this back court,, it is a classic.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Article: Jefferson is a great pick and roll player

Quote:
Milsap and Big Al , unbelievably their PF position is solidified.

Already was with Paul, AK and Koufos.

Quote:
I would not doubt Sloan will be highly influent to Big Al's development

Uh oh!

Quote:
D-Will and Bell = one of the best back court tadom's in the league.

LOL!

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 07-15-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: