Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-12-2007, 10:56 AM   #1
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default fellow knick fans

What's up!!!! been running through the main NBA forum and the topics have generated lots of posters. There was on that has gotten me a little fired up.

Ranking Curry as a center. I do believe he should be in top 5. Most guys occupying that position such as a dwight howard, JO, TD are forwards. There has even been a raised eyebrow to giving the nod to Mehmet Okur>Curry. There aren't that many true center in the league nowadays.

My personal ranking is ...
1) Shaq. Even injured he is better than the rest. To me he will fall out of 1 when he puts up the shoes.
2) Yao. he will eventually get no. 1. His height is what makes him good. He has very little fundamentals, if he were 6'11-7'0 his shot would get blocked every game.
3) Stoudemire actually is a center so he gets number 3. Bad knees keeps him from being no 2.
4) gotta give it to the dude no one knows how old he is. Dikembe. doing it big with Yao being out.
5) Curry is no. 5. Those double teams he is commanding is proof enough to me on that.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
cangoods
I brick open layups

cangoods has an OK reputation so far

Right now Curry is better the Dikembe and Stoudemire. Curry is teh focus of every defense we play. Neither of those players can say that.

JO and Chris Boash actually do play the 4 so i dont use them in my ranking.

This season curry is better than shaq, number 1 because he is playing :-) .

I would have to say though my ranking would look like this now.

1. Yao
2. Howard
3. Curry

I rank Howard above curry because he is a dominant shot blocker, and rebounder, and he can hold his own offensively.

Curry is a dominant offensively, average rebounder, and below average shot blocker.

- Cangoods
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

So Pao is nowhere in the Top 5? Damn. Pao is at least number 3 if Shaq is number one. Specially for the fact that he hits threes, does assists, blocks, free throws, court savvy, runs the floor, fills the lane, helps on d, has good hands, can dribble and can find different ways to score.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Curry is dominate against teams without beef and height.

He has progressed, let's see him start to dominate teams with players his size.

Right now he can bully smaller teams.

Let's see if he has the determination to play the physical type game against equal opponents.

That will be a true measure and I haven't seen it yet.

If they equalize him than he should equalize them. A guy like Yao can't put up the numbers against him anymore like he has for anybody to take Curry seriously.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
LouV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LouV has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

Mehmet Okur is an antelope.

He sticks on the outside and drains jumpers; looks slow but just when you weren't worrying about him, he barrels inside for a rebound, or sneaks inside for a backdoor play. Quicker than he looks.

Your list of top centers looks good, Knickcity. I think Curry needs another year of playing the way he's playing, and needs to continue to improve on rebounding and man-to-man defense before everyone else starts kosher-stamping him top 5. He'll never be the shot-blocking defender; but he could become a good, Bill-Cartright-esque, man-to-man defender. And as BigDaddy says, he needs to dominate good teams, versus the weak teams that he's been eating up.

Last edited by LouV : 01-12-2007 at 07:47 PM.
LouV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:42 AM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

What are these rankings based on? This season?
Dikembe hasnt even started and finished 10 games and he is nominated in the top 5
Shaq hasnt played much...
Mehmet Okur is a center no matter how much you dont like his game..
Dwight Howard and JO are Centers...
TD & Chris Bosh are PF's...

These Rankings are way off IMHO...

Marcus Camby, Ben Wallace, Biedrins, Chandler, Yao, Dalembert, Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:56 PM   #7
joshk
i clog mad toilets

joshk has an OK reputation so far

Shaq no.1? His numbers this year have been a little low for no.1.

Yao Ming
Dwight Howard
Eddy Curry
Ben Wallace
Shaquille O'Neal

Last edited by joshk : 01-13-2007 at 06:07 PM.
joshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #8
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

You guys do know and remember that there is a center in the NBA called Pao Gasol right/???
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #9
joshk
i clog mad toilets

Doesnt he JUST play PF? Im not being a jerk I seriously dont know.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:43 AM   #10
ChanningShamgod
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ChanningShamgod has an OK reputation so far

Gasol plays the five and Alexander Johnson plays the four, though Gasol is a true PF. The way the NBA is becoming, there are no more true centers, just power forwards who are big enough and who are strong enough to guard centers, and most do a good job, i.e. Jermaine O'Neal, Amare Stoudamire, and Chris Bosh. The problem with Eddy Curry is that while these guys need a double team to stop him, a rocket pack wouldn't help him guard them. So teams just let him shoot his 50 % fg pct and his 55 % ft pct and then just run around him on the other side of the court. Centers have to do three things - rebound, block shots, and spread the floor by either commanding a double team or hitting a consistent short jumper. Curry does very little of all of those.
ChanningShamgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #11
joshk
i clog mad toilets

With this newly found info, I would change my top 5.

Yao Ming
Dwight Howard
Pau Gasol
Amare Stoudemire
Eddy Curry

Close 6: Ben Wallace

Last edited by joshk : 01-15-2007 at 04:07 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: