Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 08-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Rush suspended 5 games for failing drug test

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...rug-violations

Quote:
The NBA suspended Indiana Pacers shooting guard Brandon Rush five games without pay for violating its anti-drug policy.

Rush failed a marijuana test for the third time. No other drug violation carries a five-game suspension. A fourth positive test would result in a 10-game suspension. Every subsequent violation would be five games longer than the previous one.

"We have been made aware that Brandon Rush has been suspended for violating the NBA’s anti-drug policy,” Larry Bird, Pacers president of basketball operations, said in a written statement. “We will do what we can to provide Brandon help going forward."
Outstanding. Brandon, you're an idiot, grow up. Didn't you learn anything from your brothers?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rush suspended 5 games for failing drug test

just. freakin'. awesome.

how the hell do we end up w/ all these pathetic asswipes? let's see...keep a multi-million dollar job or take the chance of ruining it by smoking some retarded weed?
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seems pretty counter-productive that teams aren't made aware of the first two failed tests. I mean what could possibly be the reasoning behind that, honestly? That begs the question, the PLAYER's made aware he's failed right? You would think so...

I have absolutely no problem with marijuana and anyone who smokes it. But if the choices are smoking and playing some video games or never touch it again and get paid a few million bucks, not a tough choice. It just speaks volumes about the decision making capabilities of Rush, especially considering the history of his family. The kid just really must not care.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:02 AM   #4
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
NBA players take four unannounced drug tests per year, and with each positive test the penalty grows. After the first, the player enters a marijuana program of unclear duration or content. After the second, a trip to the program (which could be online or in another form) and a $25K rip. Third time – five-day suspension and another dose of the same program that failed twice before. Each subsequent violation earns an additional five days added on to the previous one, and yet another dose of the anti-dope message that has yet to do the player any good at all.

link
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
i don't agree w/ that article at all. if your employer says no drug taking, then follow the rules and get paid. simple as that.

i'd say the league doesn't notify the teams in hope that the activity continues into the player having to pay some fines.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
Granny Danger
Kids at the park dunk on me

Granny Danger has decent reputation

Who cares if he smokes during the offseason.
I wouldn't mind a big fine and longer suspension if it happened during the season but this is ridiculous.
Would they suspend a player like Wade for the same thing?

also: Brandon Kush
Granny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Danger
Who cares if he smokes during the offseason.
I wouldn't mind a big fine and longer suspension if it happened during the season but this is ridiculous.
Would they suspend a player like Wade for the same thing?

also: Brandon Kush
rules are rules.

brandon kush
Old 09-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How has Brandon Rush been looking so far in his first few seasons? He didnt improve all that much the 2nd season, at least statistically. Hasnt really impressed me much in the few games I saw of him last year. DO you guys see him as a legit starter at the 2? I think his overall fg% needs to improve and he needs to get the the stripe more often. I mean he averaged 1 a game in 30mpg last year.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:10 AM   #9
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This news supremely pissed me off. Seriously guys? If Joe Shmo can pass a drug test given to him by the government itself, then how can this multimillionaire not pass one given to him.

Or here's a thought B-Kush, wait until the off-season. Moron.

So our opening day lineup will now be??

C-Hibbert
PF-Foster
SF-Granger
SG-Dunleavy
PG-Collison
6th-George

??
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:56 AM   #10
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
How has Brandon Rush been looking so far in his first few seasons? He didnt improve all that much the 2nd season, at least statistically. Hasnt really impressed me much in the few games I saw of him last year. DO you guys see him as a legit starter at the 2? I think his overall fg% needs to improve and he needs to get the the stripe more often. I mean he averaged 1 a game in 30mpg last year.
Rush is a pretty divisive player among the fanbase, even before this. Opinions are all over the place on the kid.

He's one of the most frustrating Pacers I've ever watched, maybe the most. He's clearly full of ability, put Dahntay Jones's mentality in Rush's body and you've got a 16/6/2.5 SG. Rush is just so unbelievably passive. People say players look like they don't care but usually it's hyperbolic, not with Rush. He won't shoot, he won't drive, he won't dunk. He's a very good defender, I remember him giving Lebron a fair amount of trouble last year. He knocks down the open three when you can convince him to take it. But no, he's not a starting 2, not on this team or most others. I think his potential's pretty maxed out as a player, he is what he is. He needs to be used as a defensive role player, that Tony Allen type role. He could be a very good asset in this role, I think. But I've got an affinity for him, maybe it's because he D's up, more likely it's because I've seemingly been defending the kid since the first time he took the floor so I can't quit now.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #11
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Rush is a pretty divisive player among the fanbase, even before this. Opinions are all over the place on the kid.

He's one of the most frustrating Pacers I've ever watched, maybe the most. He's clearly full of ability, put Dahntay Jones's mentality in Rush's body and you've got a 16/6/2.5 SG. Rush is just so unbelievably passive. People say players look like they don't care but usually it's hyperbolic, not with Rush. He won't shoot, he won't drive, he won't dunk. He's a very good defender, I remember him giving Lebron a fair amount of trouble last year. He knocks down the open three when you can convince him to take it. But no, he's not a starting 2, not on this team or most others. I think his potential's pretty maxed out as a player, he is what he is. He needs to be used as a defensive role player, that Tony Allen type role. He could be a very good asset in this role, I think. But I've got an affinity for him, maybe it's because he D's up, more likely it's because I've seemingly been defending the kid since the first time he took the floor so I can't quit now.

i don't have a definite opinion on him. doesn't seem to be consistent.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i don't have a definite opinion on him. doesn't seem to be consistent.
Well, he's consistently inconsistent. Hopefully George can grow into a starting caliber SG but I just really don't see it, his ballhandling needs A LOT of work. Rush isn't starting caliber either, well by default I guess, but he's got some really nice skills. He's everything Dahntay Jones is supposed to be defensively. I don't mind that signing, but it was at least a year too long and pays too much, but not a franchise killer or anything obviously. Dahntay can at least do some things on a basketball court besides be tall, which is all Solo has going for him.

I still really, really want to try and get Andre Iguodala. He's a stout defender, willing passer, can't shoot but won't (shouldn't) matter once JOB's gone. Put Hibbert in the high post and run some Hansbrough screens to get a cutting Iggy free with Danny ready to knock down a 3. Iggy and Danny'd compliment eachother pretty well I think and he's the same Danny tier of player we need to really start doing something. I'd give any of the expirings and our 1st next year for him. Maybe something like Dunleavy, Rush, and like a top 10 protected first next year around the deadline if Philly doesn't do much and wants to cut salary and open up minutes for Evan Turner.

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 09-06-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:28 PM   #13
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Well, he's consistently inconsistent. .

apparently not when it comes to smoking weed.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: