Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Marbury should be named captain.

After watching him closely I see a new man. He is playing the role of a veteran leader. He is playing unselfish and is communicating with the other players the way a team leader must.

By naming him captain you are rewarding him for his dedication to playing the right way.

It also gives the team even more stability and direction.

If someone said something like that a few weeks ago I would have laughed my a** off.

But if he continues to play like this and even takes it to a little higher level I'm all for it after the all star break.

I think that would be the perfect time to name Marbury captain.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Marbs has always been the team captain. he was co-captain with allan houston. he just never quite performed like one.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
j Fresh
Local High School Star

I def. see a change in Marbury. Something about him makes me want to see what was once an ugly Knicks basketball now turned to fun. I hope they start praising him like Steve Nash soon but even if they don't, I'm glad he changed. I beleive Isiah Thomas sat with him for hours showing Steve Nash footage...
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #4
NyCNaTe4NyK
I airball my layups

lololl the onli reason u c a change in him...is cause theyve been winnin a couple of games, and he thinkz starbury is bakk...a true captain keeps going wen therez 30sec left in the 4th .25 and were down by 10...i think i c Malik rose is a betta captain..now he alwayz getz off the bench talkz 2 all the playerz and he dont even play. Marbury doenst even interact wit the team like that...thatz not his style...hopefulli Zeke changes him, larry brown cudnt. he shud of took sum of brownz lessonz also...look at wut he did with billupz yup yup
NyCNaTe4NyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:03 PM   #5
MetsPackers
new based god

I think Marbury was captain last year (could be wrong), but he was stripped of the title when the team sucked. He has definitly changed his ways though, but he seems like he is commited to winning now. We should name he and Curry co-captains if you ask me.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Curry no way. As it is we are alienating David Lee who is the hardest working and most improved player we have.

He works hard in practice and during the game.

I have a feeling both Frye and Lee are going to jump as soon as their contract is up. Thank goodness it's not that easy as they won't be true free agents.

Lee should start and if anybody should be a co-captain he's the man.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
NyCNaTe4NyK
I airball my layups

not curry, not lee...we shud just have one captain cuz i dnt feel like we have that captain leadership if nething....marbury n malik seriously...
NyCNaTe4NyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:21 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Marbury is the captain of the team. Even though we all agree that David Lee is the most productive, he is a two year player. It takes more to being the captain. Leadership is one. Veteran presence is another. Has to be someone guys in that locker room look up too. Most vocal. Now I know Marbury doesn't fit the bill on any of these, but someone has to have it. I personally wouldn't be opposed to Malik considering he has a championship under his belt, but Marbury has the tenure with the team.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #9
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Default Marbury isnt a captain

Like his game on da court.. marbury is best when he is the second option. And he would be fine as a co captain or not a captain at all......

Quentin Richardson is the captain in my eyes.
Lee/Marbury Co Captain

Lee is the hard nosed work ethic guy we need
He is the future of this team and never gives up and is a good teamate

Marbury is a vet and playing better but is inconsistent..
Lee and Q are consistent, damn good, and great teamates.

Curry can be one but he doesnt have the heart to hold it just yet.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Marbury as captain

I'm personally a huge Stephon fan but even I say he shouldn't be the team captain. The captain should be David Lee. He sets the tone (i hate that phrase but hey) for hard work n perseverance on the team.He's our best blue collar worker.Him and Rose but rose sucks so my choice is him.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: