Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 09-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Damn, this forum is dead!

It was never highly active, but I used to check in a couple of times a week. Now I hardly ever see activity in here.

So, a couple of links.
First, KD says she still wants the team sold before the season starts.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5609275

Also, pistons powered has had some interesting "myth-buster" articles as of late. I think he's way off on laimbeer not being a successful nba coach, but it (and the others) are still an interesting read.

well, shit. Looks like pistons-powered hasnt paid the bills. sorry.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Damn, this forum is dead!

this thread was gonna be dead before I came along.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Its a slow time of year for NBA.

I hope they get the sale done soon, hopefully to Gores.

No chance we miss the playoffss this year if healthy, throwin' that out there.
We are extremely talented.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've done my fair share to keep the forum going. The problem is the time of the year. All the forums are slow right now. After this week when all the teams go to camp and have media days they will start to get more busy. Right now the only thing happening in the whole league is the Melo rumors.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I've done my fair share to keep the forum going. The problem is the time of the year. All the forums are slow right now. After this week when all the teams go to camp and have media days they will start to get more busy. Right now the only thing happening in the whole league is the Melo rumors.
nah, its not just the offseason. now, this forum was never really all that busy, even in the contender days, but there has been a noticeable decline in poster activity following the billups trade and subsequent sucky seasons.

and, props to you, dd24 (and the couple of others who do post in here on the reg) for keeping it going. but, most of the pistons fans on this board dont even come in here.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:20 AM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Billups trade was the begining of the end. The other thing I've noticed is a lot of the Pistons fans just post in the NBA forum rather than actually talking with the other Pistons people here.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:44 AM   #7
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Yeah this hasb een the most boring month of the off-season , but now its almost game time.

so yeah , you should check the lakers forum. (Which is the 3rd most active forum on ISH), it was dead for 1 month . lol
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8
Yeah this hasb een the most boring month of the off-season , but now its almost game time.

so yeah , you should check the lakers forum. (Which is the 3rd most active forum on ISH), it was dead for 1 month . lol

Besides lately I would have thought the Lakers forum was the busiest of the team forums. Which ones are more active?
Old 09-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
nah, its not just the offseason. now, this forum was never really all that busy, even in the contender days, but there has been a noticeable decline in poster activity following the billups trade and subsequent sucky seasons.

and, props to you, dd24 (and the couple of others who do post in here on the reg) for keeping it going. but, most of the pistons fans on this board dont even come in here.

Well there has been me, DD24 and a few others around this summer. Where were you?

People's reaction to the Billups trade is annoying. I'd have rather traded Rip, but I didn't want to pay Billups for 3 more years, we needed a change, we needed cap space, we needed youth and we needed to see what Stuckey could do at the point. Everyone wanted to flip out because he wasn't Steve Nash overnight. Chill the F out already. Notice nowhere did I say anything about Iverson, he was not the reason for anything.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
DetroitPiston
Soundcatcher

DetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat cool

Just glad the season's starting soon.
DetroitPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:38 AM   #11
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
Well there has been me, DD24 and a few others around this summer. Where were you?

People's reaction to the Billups trade is annoying. I'd have rather traded Rip, but I didn't want to pay Billups for 3 more years, we needed a change, we needed cap space, we needed youth and we needed to see what Stuckey could do at the point. Everyone wanted to flip out because he wasn't Steve Nash overnight. Chill the F out already. Notice nowhere did I say anything about Iverson, he was not the reason for anything.
Im around. I bet I have 1 post in each thread longer than 5 posts.

Regardless, Im looking forward to this season. This team will be better than the pundits realize. Only issue is size, and with wallace and maxiell, Im not too worried. Im still not sold on CV, but I love JJ's hustle and determination. Who knows what monroe will really bring? Last lotto pick we had didnt amount to much. I kinda wish we still had afflalo, but the guard position is stacked.

Prince, Im kinda not sure about anymore. great complimentary player, but why are we paying a comp player that salary if he cant extend his game? Great intangible player, but I kinda wanna see what daye and JJ can do at the 3.

As for hamilton? The extension was stupid, that was clear. can you imagine this team as billups-stuckey-afflalo-bynum? forget BG or AI or Tmac, that 4some is about as solid and versatile a guard lineup you can get.

that being said, no sense trading him (hamilton) for a pu-pu platter. Might as well let the season develop and have some teams get desperate (hopefully not us!).

I still think stuck can be a 1. hes better as a d-wadish ball dominant 2 guard though.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #12
dd24
College superstar

I'm not sure about Jerebko at SF. I like his game defensively. Offensively I just don't know if he can do it. I think Dujuan Summers is a guy who really needs to step up. He's a person who when watching summer league ball is clearly one of the best players on the court and is a go to player. He can really dominate. I'm not saying that necessarily means he'll be a great in the league, but you would think some of it could translate. Of course, he hasn't had much of an opportunity in the league yet either.

The weird thing about this season to me is I'm actually thinking a few of these guys would like to be traded. There's nobody in the league who wants to sit on the bench as a 3rd string guy. I don't know if anybody got on the live chat during the Pistons media day but I asked BG and Will Bynum if they would rather be 6th man of the year or just a regular starter for the team. Bynum said no doubt he would rather start and wants to be out there every minute. BG was a little more hesitant but took the politically correct route and just said he didn't mind as long as he was out there will Bynum (because they were both answering questions together). I think this team has the makings to be too deep and some of these players will want to go elsewhere. I can't really blame them either. If they don't get a chance they need to go somewhere to get a chance. It would be a shame to see all this young talent we've accumulated walk, especially when I think all of us know that while this team will be much better than what people are giving them credit for, they are still mediocre. So I guess in a way I do agree with boozehound. I'm all for seeing how this thing works out and I don't want to see a trade for nothing, but there's still some of the young guys who I want to know what they are capable of (finally....).
Old 09-30-2010, 12:14 AM   #13
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

If that becomes our problem we are in good shape. Do you remember how many games we lost to injury last year? If everyone stays healthy and guys like Daye and Mcgrady and maybe even Summers are showing they can contribute regularly, then we will have assets to work with to improve our team. If not and guys get hurt and/or bust, we have the depth to withstand it.

I think Jerebko is a guy who gives you 10-12 minutes at each F spot per game. Some defense,energy and a different look. He has the size to go against some of the bigger SFs that have abused us in the past like Lebron,Melo,Pierce and Granger.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:17 AM   #14
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Im around. I bet I have 1 post in each thread longer than 5 posts.

Regardless, Im looking forward to this season. This team will be better than the pundits realize. Only issue is size, and with wallace and maxiell, Im not too worried. Im still not sold on CV, but I love JJ's hustle and determination. Who knows what monroe will really bring? Last lotto pick we had didnt amount to much. I kinda wish we still had afflalo, but the guard position is stacked.

Prince, Im kinda not sure about anymore. great complimentary player, but why are we paying a comp player that salary if he cant extend his game? Great intangible player, but I kinda wanna see what daye and JJ can do at the 3.

As for hamilton? The extension was stupid, that was clear. can you imagine this team as billups-stuckey-afflalo-bynum? forget BG or AI or Tmac, that 4some is about as solid and versatile a guard lineup you can get.

that being said, no sense trading him (hamilton) for a pu-pu platter. Might as well let the season develop and have some teams get desperate (hopefully not us!).

I still think stuck can be a 1. hes better as a d-wadish ball dominant 2 guard though.

I always thought we should have tried a Billups/Stuckey backcourt before a trade was done. Those teams were damn good, but lacked an impact slasher type who could create offense at the rim. He could have helped guys like Billups,Sheed,Prince and even Rip get a lot more spacing to work with. We asked Rip to come off the bench that year anyways, so why didn't we ask him before dealing his best friend away? I think if he had stuck with it he'd have been a Ginobili type bench player. Throw Bynum in and you said it, as versatile and talented of a backcourt as you could ask for. Don't extend Rip and just let him walk after last year, move foward with Bynum and Afflalo. We'd still have cap space and maybe we'd have gotten one of the bigs like Boozer or Amare with a team like that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: