Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-20-2007, 03:16 AM   #16
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

they were hardly the worst team that year. they had the third or fourth worst record at 20-62, which means there were about 2 or 3 other teams that had a greater chance of landing tim duncan. the boston celtics were the worst team that year, and after the spurs won the lottery, rick patino offered pop who was coach and gm at the time the celtics entire starting lineup for that pick.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:16 AM   #17
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
2 seasons ago lakers finished off theyre season 2-17 and lost games by a good margin

2 seasons ago the lakers were not a very good team. They didn't tank anything, they just weren't that good. Only a major homer would justify that season as the lakers tanking, just admit the fact that the lakers had a bad season. The good/smart laker fans, like sizzle, can admit that.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:51 AM   #18
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

Cavs I think tanked for a good chance at Lebron.

And I sure hope Sixers are tanking for Oden, or atleast Durant. LMAO
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:18 AM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Philly is doing it now. They could have gotten more for A.I.
But the Spurs were obvious the year before they drafted TD. D-Rob was healthy enough to play, but the ownership told him to sit out, since they weren't gonna make much noise in the playoffs anyway.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #20
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I know the Knicks did in '84-85 season and man how they got what they wanted - Patrick Ewing. Then the league invented lottery balls and ever since, tanking the season on purpose became a history...
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #21
Iskrah
I hit open layups

Iskrah has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
I know the Knicks did in '84-85 season and man how they got what they wanted - Patrick Ewing. Then the league invented lottery balls and ever since, tanking the season on purpose became a history...
You're wrong, the Knicks won the 85 lottery.
Iskrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #22
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
The knicks weren't the worst team that year. And they WON the lottery with a slim chance at that. Odds were they were supposed to be 5-7 in the lottery picks.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:13 AM   #23
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

85 was the first lottery. It was speculated the Rockets tanked to get Hakeem in 84. This was after they had drafted Ralph Sampson with the 1st pick in 83.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shaq & Penny.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #25
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

The 2003 Cavs???
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #26
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I think Philly is going to end up and tank it. Hell I would to get Durant/Oden/Wright

I also think Memphis will.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:57 PM   #27
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Jokes aside I would never consider letting my team tank a season. gotta have some pride. especially now that we have a lottery but even if we didn't. I don't want any part of that stigma.

Quote:
1) 2002 Nuggets: Nuggets basically gave away players for capspace and a shot at a high draft pick. Nuggets regular rotation the year they did it included Junior Harrington and Vincent Yarborough. It was a tank by design.
hey dont hate on Junior Harrington. that guys a legend.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #28
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
I also think Memphis will.

they already are
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:06 PM   #29
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Since we haven't fired Woodson, I think that the Hawks are doing that now.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: