Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 10-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Default Jerryd Bayless traded to Hornets for 1st rounder

Jerryd Bayless has been traded to the New Orleans Hornets for a future first round pick....top seven protected in 2011 and top 8 protected over the next three years.

I'm excited about this because that pick will be very valuable and because it will allow us to keep Patty Mills.

Best of luck to Jerryd as he will be backing up and playing alongside Chris Paul down in New Orleans and playing under a head coach who knows him well (former Blazer assistant Monty Williams).
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bayless Traded

I'm mixed on this trade. I'm not sold on Armon or Patty to be nightly contributors for this season. The pick is a risk as well. Should be a lottery pick, but those don't always pan out anyway (heck, Bayless was a lottery pick himself). So in other words, we gae up some talent that can help us now for a 'chance' at a better player in the future.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
courtsportsinc
Can barely lace up my sneakers

courtsportsinc has an OK reputation so far

Patty Mills can't touch Bayless. I'm surprised they traded him because of his work ethic and ability to make things happen. Andre's career is just about over and we need good backups. Watch out for Bayless as a Hornet - I guarantee he will only get better and his stats will go up in many catagories. The Blazers often trade excellent players who have excellent careers with other teams.

Last edited by Myth : 10-26-2010 at 12:22 PM.
courtsportsinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:02 AM   #4
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm the only one who really don't like Patty Mills? I'll give the 2nd spot for Johnson, all day long.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like Patty, but not under McMillan. Patty needs to be able to be free in order to make things happen. I was very surprised he made the team.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Anybody think this trade happened just to make another trade? Package the 1st rounder with either Miller or Fernandez?..Or both?
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:38 AM   #7
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Armon played really well tonight, and is definitely more a pure point guard than Bayless.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:49 AM   #8
Myth

Default Re: Jerryd Bayless traded to Hornets for 1st rounder

Armon certainly made me feel better about the trade today.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #9
Maga_1

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll say again, Armon will be the steal of this draft.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:59 AM   #10
TheCord#20
I hit open layups

TheCord#20 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Armon certainly made me feel better about the trade today.

Agreed. He has looked solid. I think Rudy will play better too due to this trade. He doesn't like the pressure of "if i miss a shot i'll be pulled from the game" weighing down on him.
TheCord#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:14 AM   #11
Maga_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCord#20
Agreed. He has looked solid. I think Rudy will play better too due to this trade. He doesn't like the pressure of "if i miss a shot i'll be pulled from the game" weighing down on him.

Yeaa , that's true. And we are 3-0 , yeeeeeeeeeeeees
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: