Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #16
Magic man
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Magic man has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
This past season, Brian Cook averaged:

7.9 Points Per Game
3.4 Rebounds Per Game
0.9 Assists Per Game
0.46 Steals Per Game
0.40 Blocks Per Game
0.511 Field Goal Percentage
0.832 Free Throw Percentage
0.429 Three Point Percentage
19.0 Points Per Game

What were Cook's minutes/game? Sorry -- too lazy to look. From all appearances, this could be a good trade. However I am always leary from taking players from such a bad team -- sometimes stats are over-inflated.
Magic man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is a good trade because we get 2 good guys in return for 1.

Lamar is great yeah but we get more point production coming our way.

Defense might be an issue though
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #18
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

If the Lakers can trade for a defensive PG capable of shutting down players(Marcus Banks?) then they wouldn't really have defensive problems. PG, Kobe, and Brown are all capable of playing great defense and Phil is great at making his teams play great TEAM defense. Even if Dunleavy and Murphy have their problems there as long as they can get the team defense down it should be no problem.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:48 PM   #19
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

this trade is horrible. odom is finally playing like he cares and like he wants to win. he looks better in the triangle and in playing with kobe.why would you break that up for the sake of murphy/dunleavy.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:19 PM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
this trade is horrible. odom is finally playing like he cares and like he wants to win. he looks better in the triangle and in playing with kobe.why would you break that up for the sake of murphy/dunleavy.

because of the last thing you said
Old 06-24-2006, 03:37 AM   #21
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Man, Mike Dunleavy's a pretty good ball handler and I think he would be a nice option of bringing the ball up the court. This guy might just be a nice addition to the Triangle Offense. He's a smart player and has pretty god ballhandling skills. Furthermore, his father is coach of the Los Angeles Clippers. A rivalry between the Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers might just begin. Father against Son; Civil War.

Let this trade happen. Please let it be true.

WHY??why tha hell would u give up odom for 2 STIFFS that dont play any defense at all and are a huge liabilite on defense becuase they are terrible Atlethes who cant move their feet...i am not a big fan of big men who dont play good D. and who play so far out from the basket...Facing the basket..plz dont do this sorryA$$ trade the only good thing we get id Their pick which isnt that great to begin with...Roy would be gon...Plus i mean if Dunleavy and Murphy couldnt even make the playoffs with allstars Baron Davis and J..Rich
and with Big Fish off the bench what makes u think that they are going to do so great in LA with a whole new offense(triangle) that most players take 4ver to learn and they are going to get less touches...especially when they cant score with their back to the basket...that is going to ruin the triangle...
THEY CANT RUN....Plus then we will have NO body play makin.....Hello dawg Odom was our Main play maker and ball handler...w/out him our offense falls apart...WHY??? why would u want 2 Stiffs with horrible contracts
I would never do this deal....we would be sooo messed up cuz we
1. wouldnt make the playoffs
2. Would go over the cap even more
3. We wouldnt be able to trade those 2 stiffs and we would be stuck with their horrible contracts.....Let me remind u what happend the last time we took a risk and gambled on 2 recent big men...
1.Brian Grant....(STIFF...that was horroble...and we still are paying his horrible contract.)
2.Vlade Divac....(Stiff #2...wow...paid him 10 million for 2 yrs...how many games did he play for us...15 games/ 0.Games started/ 130 minutes.. /13-31 field goals.../8-12 from the free throw line.../32 rebounds.. /19 assists.. /4steals /1 block /14turn overs /25p.Fouls and /34points total.)
C'mon now...pay me 10 millon and I can do that.....
Vlade was a joke....10 mil for 2 yrs...c'mon now...odom can get those stats easily in 2 games minus all those Turn overs...again....im only reminding u of what happend last time we messd with STiffs...
Lakers must not do this deal and STAY AWAY FROM STIFFS.....PERIOD
NUFF SAID....................
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:15 AM   #22
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
WHY??why tha hell would u give up odom for 2 STIFFS that dont play any defense at all and are a huge liabilite on defense becuase they are terrible Atlethes who cant move their feet...i am not a big fan of big men who dont play good D. and who play so far out from the basket...Facing the basket..plz dont do this sorryA$$ trade the only good thing we get id Their pick which isnt that great to begin with...Roy would be gon...Plus i mean if Dunleavy and Murphy couldnt even make the playoffs with allstars Baron Davis and J..Rich
and with Big Fish off the bench what makes u think that they are going to do so great in LA with a whole new offense(triangle) that most players take 4ver to learn and they are going to get less touches...especially when they cant score with their back to the basket...that is going to ruin the triangle...
THEY CANT RUN....Plus then we will have NO body play makin.....Hello dawg Odom was our Main play maker and ball handler...w/out him our offense falls apart...WHY??? why would u want 2 Stiffs with horrible contracts
I would never do this deal....we would be sooo messed up cuz we
1. wouldnt make the playoffs
2. Would go over the cap even more
3. We wouldnt be able to trade those 2 stiffs and we would be stuck with their horrible contracts.....Let me remind u what happend the last time we took a risk and gambled on 2 recent big men...
1.Brian Grant....(STIFF...that was horroble...and we still are paying his horrible contract.)
2.Vlade Divac....(Stiff #2...wow...paid him 10 million for 2 yrs...how many games did he play for us...15 games/ 0.Games started/ 130 minutes.. /13-31 field goals.../8-12 from the free throw line.../32 rebounds.. /19 assists.. /4steals /1 block /14turn overs /25p.Fouls and /34points total.)
Vlade was a joke....10 mil for 2 yrs...c'mon now...odom can get those stats easily in 2 games minus all those Turn overs...again....im only reminding u of what happend last time we messd with STiffs...

exactly. 100% agreed. man, u makin me more scared now. if they really do this deal, they will be FAR FAR away from the chip and they will be stuck in mediocrity 4ever
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:49 AM   #23
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)

However it is remarkable that he played so horribly because we simply let his contract run out and have a lot more tax relief.

Had he played well we probably would have still had him and had to pay him more for upcoming seasons.

Vlade on the other hand dissaopinted me...I was looking forward for his return so he could dish it out and score some shots.

he didnt do either. and now his contract finally runs out this year....not too much of a tax relief though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: