Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #16
N0Skillz
Master

N0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The process of becoming a legal immigrant is difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBTheBasedGod
I met this Haitian immigrant at my church tonight and he is trying to become a legal citizen here, but he is having difficulty staying here because he has to present certain documents that he currently doesn't have possession of and other stuff that I can't remember, it was all very complicated.

If he doesn't complete the procedure correctly though, he may have to go back to Haiti, and if you have ever been there (I have) its a total shithole. There are several people who are quite intelligent (at least among the Haitian people) and if they were able to get a solid education here they could go back and help their people, but the immigration process is so complex that it is incredibly difficult and hard to suffice the money to go.

It seems that if they had a less complex immigration process it would help a lot of other countries out. Yea I know there are negatives to doing that, but it makes America look really pretentious.

Ummmmmm... Not trying to be mean but the USA wants the best from other countries. They don't want their poor and hungry. Why do you think people hate illegal immigrants?
N0Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #17
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBTheBasedGod
I wish there was a system for a college sponsorship fund so people from other countries could go back and help.

There might be one, but I haven't heard of one.
Ones who are successful do give back to their family. I know a Vietnamese family who visits their native country every single year for 2 weeks to a month, and I'm sure they bring money and items to their family and relatives in Vietnam. It's a lot easy for them since they're self-employed and can take any time of year off.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #18
LilBTheBasedGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
The U.S. deserves all the trouble they're having with its borders for stealing this land.

Word
Old 01-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #19
Hondo
Go CELTICS!

Hondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Considering the number of people who try, it is fair. No other nation experiences the amount of people trying to gain access legally. They do let a lot of people in if you actually look at the numbers.

Canada. They let in a **** load of crazy ass terrorist immigrants (as well as your average hard working immigrants just trying to make a better life).
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #20
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Hundreds of thousands of people apply to become citizens/various visas every single year. They have to have this process or so many people would be allowed. People seem to think that they are owed something regarding being here. Just because you want something doesn't mean you will get it.
he gets it...

you cannot just have an open door policy, i don't care what country it is

the us policies are not out of line with the policies of other countries
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #21
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
The U.S. deserves all the trouble they're having with its borders for stealing this land.

Not to mention American corporations working under 'free trade' in these countries forcing many of the people out. The US is partially at fault for the local markets of these countries being broke in the first place.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #22
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Best way to go is to get a green card is to get your masters and then pray for a work visa. If you are one of the lucky ones and get it then your job can file for the green card papers, which usually takes about a year to process if you have a masters. If you are working with an undergrad it can take 3-6 years. Tell your boy its all about connections, but if he's trying to stay he needs to put the work in.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #23
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
Easiest way to come to the States is if you're a war refugee. A church or family will sponsor you here. I assume another way is through marriage but that's probably a bit hard too because US officials will question the relationship whether or not it's real.

Of all (legal) immigrant Americans I've known, they're all are good people. They're usually hard workers and self-employed.

you basically described my dad. he and he brother were war refugees from lebanon. they were stuck fighting in the civil war in the 70s when they were 17, and after seeing so many of their friends' heads blown off, they defected to the US. Easy for them as they're Christian...I assume a Muslim wouldn't have been given the same opportunity given the circumstances at the time.

But they've been very hard working, tax paying "citizens" since day 1, even though it took my uncle years to get it made official.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:37 AM   #24
xv6brandon
Banned

xv6brandon is starting to rub some people the wrong wayxv6brandon is starting to rub some people the wrong way

who would want immigrants from 3rd countries anyways?
xv6brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:38 AM   #25
xv6brandon
Banned

xv6brandon is starting to rub some people the wrong wayxv6brandon is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

then leave since it's stolen land. if the US didnt steal land you would be hopping over the canadian border you 3rd world animal
xv6brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #26
LilBTheBasedGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by xv6brandon
who would want immigrants from 3rd countries anyways?

Obviously trolling.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:50 AM   #27
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xv6brandon
then leave since it's stolen land. if the US didnt steal land you would be hopping over the canadian border you 3rd world animal
Well technically nobody "owns" land, anyone who thinks that is a ****ing retard imo. Hmm I wonder where the piece of paper that proves your "ownership of land" comes from...... hmmm
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #28
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The process of becoming a legal immigrant is difficult

Sorry but I kind of laughed when I read the title of the thread.

I said "No Shit?" out loud.

obviously the process is a b*tch.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: