Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-03-2007, 12:32 AM   #31
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Default Re: OT: UFC 67 (Cro Cops UFC debut)

He's cut to that weight before for lesser matches, you would think he'd be able to for THEE match.

I wish Sakuraba was alot younger. The guy is truly one of the greats but it seems he's aged so much over the last 3 years. If he was 3 years younger he'd be dominating right now.

His fight VS Royce is still one of my favorite matches of all time. I wish I was into MMA back when that happened. God, I could only imagine how it felt the moments leading up to that fight as an MMA fan.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:34 AM   #32
IamtheWalrus
Banned

yea no doubt...

i didn't know who saku was until i bought those pride 1-5 volume set. man did that guy impress me when he ****ed up victor belfort.
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:41 AM   #33
goldgrill4me
Banned

lutter has had trouble making this weight before and that was at non-title fights where you can weigh-in at 186. for a title fight you have to make the 185.
goldgrill4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:44 AM   #34
Zombles
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus
you try losing 30 pounds and tell me if your a ***** or not.

wasted effort in my opinion, but no ***** though.

i was actually calling him a d*o*u*c*h*e bag, I try not to insult fighter's toughness by calling them b!tches and such since most professional fighters are a helluva lot tougher then you or me. Just can't believe he went through all that TUF garbage and throws away his chance like this.

and Gomi is gonna crush Diaz. I mean Sherk outboxed Nick for god's sake, and Diaz's wrestling probably isn't good enough to get Gomi down. Probably won't finish since Diaz is tough but I don't think it'll be much of a fight.

But Penn would still **** him up. I know Gomi's gotten a lot better since their first fight, but I think BJ's skills have improved as well, if not his gas tank. Their first fight was just so incredibly lopsided, Penn had to have landed between 20-30 shots and Gomi <10, while Penn absolutely dominated on the ground with good takedowns, good GnP, and advanced to whatever position he wanted.

Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:57 AM   #35
goldgrill4me
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
i was actually calling him a d*o*u*c*h*e bag, I try not to insult fighter's toughness by calling them b!tches and such since most professional fighters are a helluva lot tougher then you or me. Just can't believe he went through all that TUF garbage and throws away his chance like this.

and Gomi is gonna crush Diaz. I mean Sherk outboxed Nick for god's sake, and Diaz's wrestling probably isn't good enough to get Gomi down. Probably won't finish since Diaz is tough but I don't think it'll be much of a fight.

But Penn would still **** him up. I know Gomi's gotten a lot better since their first fight, but I think BJ's skills have improved as well, if not his gas tank. Their first fight was just so incredibly lopsided, Penn had to have landed between 20-30 shots and Gomi <10, while Penn absolutely dominated on the ground with good takedowns, good GnP, and advanced to whatever position he wanted.

nice pic! after the fight penn was interviewed by baroni and didnt have a mark on him. penn probably wouldve finished it in the first round as he had gomi's back, with hooks in but ran out of time. ill see if i can find the fight somewhere and post it.
goldgrill4me is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: