Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #16
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

If I was a GM I would obviously try to trade down to get Williams but do you think the Rapters honestly need another power foward?
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:51 PM   #17
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
If I was a GM I would obviously try to trade down to get Williams but do you think the Rapters honestly need another power foward?

I would rather take a player who justifies and has the potential to be worthy of the #1 pick. Marcus Williams has the potential of a mid-teen pick while players like Aldridge and Bargnani have the talent of a #1 pick. If worst case scenario came up and Aldridge and Bargnani did not fit, I would pick Adam Morrison or Rudy Gay before I selected Williams #1 overall, his talent doesn't even come close to being worth the #1 pick.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:19 PM   #18
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
So Marcus Williams isn't a first round pick, dwillreg?

You're F-ing ridiculous, man.
I didn't even notice that he put Marcus Williams #1 so I thought he had him out of the first round.

That's how bad his mock is.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:26 PM   #19
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I didn't even notice that he put Marcus Williams #1 so I thought he had him out of the first round.

That's how bad his mock is.

Out of the First Round is about as ridiculous as being picked #1 overall as far as I am concerned, neither has any chance of happening.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:25 PM   #20
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Out of the First Round is about as ridiculous as being picked #1 overall as far as I am concerned, neither has any chance of happening.

Read what I wrote it is what I would do if I had the number one pick. I frankly don't give a sht what you think because I'm sure that I watched Marcus Williams much more than you did and let me tell you he's the best passer I've ever seen at the college level. He dished 16 assists in one game on multiple occasions so as far as I'm conserned Marcus Williams isn't that far behind the top 6.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:27 PM   #21
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Read what I wrote it is what I would do if I had the number one pick. I frankly don't give a sht what you think because I'm sure that I watched Marcus Williams much more than you did and let me tell you he's the best passer I've ever seen at the college level. He dished 16 assists in one game on multiple occasions so as far as I'm conserned Marcus Williams isn't that far behind the top 6.

......because UConn was hardly ever seen on TV............
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:42 PM   #22
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:

Yes, he may be the best fit, but he's not the best talent. The Raptors obviously take someone who is far more talented in there eyes and try to make it work even though it may not be a perfect fit. Rarely in the draft is there a player whom is a perfect fit for a team, but teams draft a player who that they feel can contribute to the success of their team. I watched enough UCONN games to know what Williams is capable of, he's not a mystery.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:51 PM   #23
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Most GM's and scouts are saying that the talent in this draft is very level throughout the entire 1st round. Why whould you not take the best fit when everyone has similar talent level? Look at the Knicks, is anyone going to tell me that Starbury and Stevie Franchize along with Q Richardson and Jamaal Crawford aren't talented. Of course they are but they have no true pass first point guard to set up shots for them. You need a better fit more than a better player.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:59 PM   #24
Adam land of Oz

I think everyones putting Sheldon a little higher than he should be but that would be a formidable frontline in Houston with Andrea. Also a large % of people have Morrison going to the Bobcats but I can't see Jordan liking his credentials.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:40 AM   #25
Unregistered

I like the hawks, but they're pretty dumb if they draft shelden at #5. He's a robot with no upside. I think Rudy Gay is a lock at #3 cuz Jordan will love his athleticism and potential.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:00 AM   #26
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far
Default Bargnani

I hope the Rators don't continue with the idea of getting Bargnani and try to go down a bit to take Gay or Roy, of lower and Marcus Williams. Or stay at first and take Aldridge.
I've seen Bargnani play and he is a poor Dirk N. or Pau Gasol. He will be a stiff if Raptors take him. And I'm a Raptors supporter. But Bargnani? no came on! No rebound, no defence, he is just a 7" who shoots really well. But no post presence.
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: