Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-04-2007, 02:25 AM   #31
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation
Default Re: MMA Fam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I've heard that Big Nog for sure is about as good as signed to the UFC.

Yes, I've been speculative ever since Joe Rogan dropped his name a couple of times during the Heath Herring/Jake O'Brien fight, and then later Dana White dropped his name when promoting Mirko Filipovic on the UFC 67 Countdown. I figured he would be next, and I think Lil Nog will follow suit and come to the UFC, though there hasn't been any hinting at that.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:29 AM   #32
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Clearly they are MMA fighters, but as long as there is two elite organizations, then there will be the comparisons, it's only natural. And they are PRIDE fighters, they rose in PRIDE, and came to the UFC. They are Mixed Martial Artists, but they are known for their ties to the PRIDE Organization.

Bottom Line, they all are exciting fighters and are going to have a major impact in the UFC. I think Silva could lose his belt very soon to - Marquardt, Lindland or Hughes - I imagine Marquardt will get the shot first. Cro Cop is going to get the belt and will not lose it. I think Liddell will defeat Rampage as of right now.

I know it's natural, I just think it's dumb. I've done it before, but then I realized I'd much rather debate about fighters then about organizations.

And you're point is on except about Silva, he didn't really make his name in Pride and doesn't have many lingering ties there. Kind of a wanderer, he's been in ROTR, Cage Rage, UFC, Pride, and Shooto with no more then 5 fights in any one organization.

As for the MW belt... I don't think Hughes is gonna go up in weight, he'll finish his trilogies with Penn and GSP first. If Lindland gets signed he'll probably pound Silva into dust, weakest part of Anderson's game by far is his wrestling. Marquadt's a talented fighter, but if he stands he'll get KOd and if it goes to the ground I really doubt he could submit Silva.

Rampage just hasn't been the same since Wanderlei left him hanging over the ropes bleeding on a scorers table. Chuck would take the rematch.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:31 AM   #33
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

also: A Big Nog-Cro Cop fight would be my most anticipated rematch in all MMA, along with GSP-Penn, if Minotauro does go to the UFC.

Last edited by Zombles : 02-04-2007 at 03:58 AM.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #34
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

All of you are looking too much into the "Joe Rogan mentioned PrideFC! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!" I'm guessing with Pride coming to the States, they allowed UFC to show a little taste (notice how all they showed were old Crocop fights), and when Crocop comes and starts beating ass, people will say, "well sh!t, if these more exciting guys are in Pride, why don't I watch that?"

I don't believe Crocop will be in UFC very long. I think he truly does miss Pride. I think he's just here to make a couple mil, build up his name in this country, and then go back and fight Fedor.

I would not be surprised if Pride is secretly glad Crocop did this. He is basically a de facto ambassador for Pride, whether he wants to be one or not. Crocop in the UFC is like viral marketing for them.

This whole show felt very odd. Seeing Crocop in the corner…it was like seeing MJ in a Wizards uniform.

Quote:
I've heard that Big Nog for sure is about as good as signed to the UFC.

Who said that? I don't even see why they would do it. Crocop, Rampage, Silva…these guys wow people. They knock the F out of people. Nog, not so much. That would be like a festival of booing. Nog has crisp boxing, but not much KO power. He has no problem with getting on his back. He just isn't a particularly pretty fighter to watch, at least not for your general UFC tard fans.

I don't see the UFC giving Nog a few hundred grand a fight for that. Just doesn't make all that much business sense.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: