Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-10-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
bringthetruth
Banned

bringthetruth has no real reputation yet.
Default My assessment on what happened from day 1

I for one did not believe this team would make the playoffs REGARDLESS OF WHO WAS RUNNING IT IF WE DIDN'T LEARN HOW TO DEFEND BETTER, I thought how we assembled this team from the captain on down was fraudulant.

Isaiah plan was let's lure LB by telling him we will make roster changes for him and we would bring in his kind of players and to sweeten the pot let's pay him 50 mil for 5 yrs.... HE CAN'T RESIST THAT COACHING IN HIS HOMETOWN in the worlds most famous arena.

Now what happen was Zeke couldn't or didn't want to change the roster the way Brown had intented him too. In turn this would by zeke another yr without getting fired as GM.
Isiah's plan eventually....to be coach and GM of the knicks answering to no one but dolan whom he already has in his back pocket.

So Larry said ok, you wanna save face by hiring me and leaving me with veteran guys I can't use properly in my system, I'm gonna use as many rotations as possible to find out who can or will try to play my way because you and I (ISAIAH) are on two different pages and I want to see who will side with me, because I already know you have your boys on the roster who would run through a wall for you as GM)....but will they do it for me as ( the COACH).

This is what happen and fans took sides with Larry Brown or Isiah Thomas.

I'm now ready to say get rid of one or both and if they both stay get rid of Marbury and develop a new
captain who will listen to what the HEAD coach says not just the GM.

I for one will not spend another nickel on the knicks organization until they restore the dignity that is due to the city of NY and the fans who love the game of basketball there.

Last edited by bringthetruth : 06-10-2006 at 10:15 AM.
bringthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:58 AM   #2
bringthetruth
Banned

I think Larry just might stay
Old 06-16-2006, 06:06 AM   #3
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I for one will not spend another nickel on the knicks organization until they restore the dignity that is due to the city of NY and the fans who love the game of basketball there.

Amen to that. I started doing that since last year. Even tough thats kinda hard...Dolan owns like half of NY.

LB is getting fired. IDK whats taking so long. Isiah and LB are not even speaking to each other. I cant wait to see them on draft day in the same room. Isiah is working out his own players, which makes it obvious LB will be gone soon.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
bringthetruth
Banned

Larry is still on board, why shouldn't we continue to think he will be coach for the 2006 season.

Only the media has him fired , no one from the knicks brass has come forth and declare that he's not the coach of the NYK's.

The owner needs substance abuse counseling.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:03 PM   #5
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I hope they do let Brown go. He sabogtaged last season and I do now care to watch him do it again.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #6
bringthetruth
Banned

Default Now who will play the right way for Isiah ?

Larry's gone Isiah is the man now.

I know the team will win more games than last yr, that's a given but will they play defense with guys who doesn't like to play it.

Will Isiah make more trades before training camp ?

Who will be crying for playing time this yr with so many guards on the roster.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #7
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

Why do people say we have so many freakin guards. we have two pg's and 2 sg's. thats all i have to say. it's annoying when people say we have too many guards and i dont know what people are talking about. marbury robinson for point and francis crawford for sg. richardson and rose play sf on this team not guard. we have 4 guards, two for each guard position. IMO we could use some defensive depth at each position.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:40 AM   #8
bringthetruth
Banned

That is why we have too many guards one of those guys should be a defender at the 1 or 2 position and neither is.

So for us to pick up one somebody has to go, thus we have too many guards.

Rose and richardson are 2 guards who we have to play at sf
Old 06-27-2006, 07:04 AM   #9
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSVIP
Why do people say we have so many freakin guards. we have two pg's and 2 sg's. thats all i have to say. it's annoying when people say we have too many guards and i dont know what people are talking about. marbury robinson for point and francis crawford for sg. richardson and rose play sf on this team not guard. we have 4 guards, two for each guard position. IMO we could use some defensive depth at each position.

Nate, Marbury and Francis are all point guards. Despite what you might say Francis is a point guard. He's always played that position.

Crawford and Richardson are both shooting guards and rose is a small forward who probably shouldn't be playing major minutes. Woods isn't a starter at small forward. So what we have is two starters at point and shooting guard and no starters at small forward. And to top that off. Nobody at any of those positions will defend. And all of them expect starters minutes.

It's an absolute mess. The knicks do have too many guards. What the knicks need to do is get rid of Francis or Marbury and Rose and find a solid backup point and possibly a defensive starter at small forward. (Though that's not going to happen)
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #10
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Here are the moves that I think the Knicks should make.

Channing Frye + Jalen Rose + 2007 2nd round Pick for
Marcus Camby

Stephon Marbury + Quinten Richardson for
Richard Jefferson + Antoine Wright

Nate Robinson + David Lee for
Sebastian Telfair

I know its a dream, but it would be sweet if it came true. Imagine it:

C- Eddy Curry
PF- Marcus Camby
SF- Steve Francis
SG- Richard Jefferson
PG- Sebastian Telfair
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:31 PM   #11
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

first of all..richard jefferson is at the 3 and francis is at the 2.
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:46 PM   #12
houselog442
I airball my layups

houselog442 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
Here are the moves that I think the Knicks should make.

Channing Frye + Jalen Rose + 2007 2nd round Pick for
Marcus Camby

Stephon Marbury + Quinten Richardson for
Richard Jefferson + Antoine Wright

Umm, why would you think the Nets would take Marbury? Are you insane, there is no way the Nets would do that, you must think there idiots or something?
houselog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:57 PM   #13
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

nets got j kidd already
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: