Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-06-2006, 01:10 AM   #61
goldgrill4me
Banned

goldgrill4me has an OK reputation so far
Default ........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTfHM...rch=rudy%20gay

peep you cant get anymore atheltic than this at his size.
goldgrill4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:52 AM   #62
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

gay would be pippen at best?

so when did gay become da sh!t?

usually, when someone uses the phrase "at best", it implies an impenetrable ceiling.

to be compared to pip is a pretty high ceiling.

i don't see the comparison. they're both lean. they both play the 3. it ends there.

gay would need to add a whole lot of dimension to derserve that kind of overhyped comparison.

forget pip. i'm not even sold that gay could be the next richard jefferson.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:19 AM   #63
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far
Default Gay is more like Pippen than Jeffries

Watching many Wizards games and living in the DC area, let me tell you Gay is WAAAAAAAAY more skilled than Jared. Jared shows flashes, can handle the ball well but is nowhere near as skilled as Gay.

People are REALLY sleeping on Rudy now. It's funny because I bashed him all year for his soft play and reluctance to step up when it mattered......but based off pure skill talent/skill level, he's the best player in the draft. He's not JUST an athlete. Far from it, his jump shot is beautiful and he blows by people when he goes to the basket. If you give him an open look it's money from 20-25 feet. He jumps to the moon and can pass. In the open floor obviously he's exciting.

Now, i'll say he underperformed at UCONN given his skill level. But in terms of talent, I honestly think he's the only guy in the draft that i've seen that can be a superstar. Because I don't trust his mindset, I don't think he will be. I think he's fragile, and he becomes nonfactors in games based on if he hits his first couple shots..........But i'd be willing to bet he's just as skilled as Pippen was when he came out of college. He damn sure shoots better than Scottie ever did, and Scottie wasn't a bricklayer.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:37 PM   #64
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Bump
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:16 PM   #65
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
Watching many Wizards games and living in the DC area, let me tell you Gay is WAAAAAAAAY more skilled than Jared. Jared shows flashes, can handle the ball well but is nowhere near as skilled as Gay.

People are REALLY sleeping on Rudy now. It's funny because I bashed him all year for his soft play and reluctance to step up when it mattered......but based off pure skill talent/skill level, he's the best player in the draft. He's not JUST an athlete. Far from it, his jump shot is beautiful and he blows by people when he goes to the basket. If you give him an open look it's money from 20-25 feet. He jumps to the moon and can pass. In the open floor obviously he's exciting.

Now, i'll say he underperformed at UCONN given his skill level. But in terms of talent, I honestly think he's the only guy in the draft that i've seen that can be a superstar. Because I don't trust his mindset, I don't think he will be. I think he's fragile, and he becomes nonfactors in games based on if he hits his first couple shots..........But i'd be willing to bet he's just as skilled as Pippen was when he came out of college. He damn sure shoots better than Scottie ever did, and Scottie wasn't a bricklayer.

This is about projections, right?
Gay reminds me of Jeffries when he was in college, I see him projecting out as the same type player with more up's. Gay will be a 13ppg and 7 rpg guy that's it nothing more, I don't care much for guys that have never done anything. people always say, in the future this and in the future this, but he has not done anything to date. He is not in Morrison's league as a player, but Morrison is damaged goods. Would a team rather have a 20 ppg guy for five years or a 13ppg game for 13 that's the question, Gay will be what he has always been a tease.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:31 PM   #66
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

I am a UConn fan and watched a lot of Rudy Gay. His role on the team wasn't to score 40 a game like Morrison and if Gay goes somewhere like Charlotte he can step in and become dominant. He has all the tools has the more potential than anyone else in the draft.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:06 PM   #67
jayworks
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jayworks has an OK reputation so far

He needs to develop a jump shot and become more consistant.
jayworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:42 PM   #68
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

gay is goin to be a good player ut he isnt no pippen.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:17 PM   #69
DonBoston

Default Gay is OVER Rated !!

Sometimes he shows up sometimes he disappears.

I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. Needed at LEAST one more year in College.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:14 AM   #70
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

You guys seem to forget that Rudy Gay wasn't the only NBA player on that UCONN team last year..when it was crunch time he wasn't the one who got the call..Rashad Anderson was because he can stroke it..but I think Rudy Gay will have a much better NBA career than college career..If he goes to Charlotte he will step in right away and average 15 - 20 ppg..Once he realizes how good he CAN be, it will be scary..
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:51 AM   #71
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

your saying that like its a bad thing...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:16 PM   #72
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Gay could EASILY be better than Pippen. You just can't be sure about anything in the draft though.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:40 PM   #73
Unregistered

Default Rudy Gay next Eddie Robinson

Gay might be a freak athlete, but he showed me nothing at UCONN. Any other year he might fall out of the lottery. I think he will be as good as Eddie Robinson (The Charlotte Years) at best.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #74
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Gay showed you nothing? If Gay was on Gonzaga like Morrison who everyone seems to praise Gay would have averaged 28 points per game too. Gay actually had to share the ball with 4 other NBA prospects on his team. Gay would have been a lottery pick out of high school and he has shown improvement both years in college so I don't see how you could think he wouldn't have been a lottery pick if it wasn't for this draft class.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: