Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
Jballer
Local High School Star

Default Bayliss is so frusterating.... so many flashes but...

Another pretty spectacular game by JB.

(nice results from Johnson too).

But this type of game is really fresterating the H - e double hockey sticks - out of me.

Point Guard JB ? No
Shooting guard JB ? Maybe the way he jacked up the ball. Small 3 JB ?
The d effort was a mixed all game. Some nice plays and some bone heads.

I dunno where to place him - he is distributing the ball in a limited fashion but he is certainly providing change of pace; maybe he is off the bench as 6th man?

Good game but the flashes suggest he could do more if he had more patience and better shot selection.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
Doko
High School Starter

Default Re: Bayliss is so frusterating.... so many flashes but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Another pretty spectacular game by JB.

(nice results from Johnson too).

But this type of game is really fresterating the H - e double hockey sticks - out of me.

Point Guard JB ? No
Shooting guard JB ? Maybe the way he jacked up the ball. Small 3 JB ?
The d effort was a mixed all game. Some nice plays and some bone heads.

I dunno where to place him - he is distributing the ball in a limited fashion but he is certainly providing change of pace; maybe he is off the bench as 6th man?

Good game but the flashes suggest he could do more if he had more patience and better shot selection.

He's a pretty decent combo-guard, unfortunately he lacks the court-view and the passing ability to be a full-time starting PG IMO.
I like him off the bench at the 1-2, but we'd need to let Barbosa go first, and give Bayless his role.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
He's a pretty decent combo-guard, unfortunately he lacks the court-view and the passing ability to be a full-time starting PG IMO.
I like him off the bench at the 1-2, but we'd need to let Barbosa go first, and give Bayless his role.

Completely agree. He plays better the more minutes he gets, but I don't think he's starting quality. If he was backing up two positions, he could be able to get say, 20 minutes a game, and hopefully have a positive impact on the court.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Basically agree with Doko 100% there. Bayless could be a great 6th man, but I'd much rather we find another pg to run the first-team's offense more efficiently since it just isn't his game. I do find though that he plays much better as a starter than bench player like Bargs used to since it seems to boost his confidence (not hating or hijacking a thread, just the first Raptors example that comes to mind) which kind of concerns me about his potential as a 6th man.

I'd still like to keep the kid around barring some sort of trade where he had to be included to bring in some serious tallent. Not like we'll be world-beaters next year anyway so we have another year to give him some burn and see if he can adapt to starting or the 6th-man role better.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: