Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-17-2011, 07:28 AM   #526
thomaspynchon
Banned

Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Mavericks vs Trail Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
how is 18-1 not preferential treatment? did you watch the game? the amount of contact was identical on both sides of the floor in that quarter.

Like people have pointed out, your points in the paint were off alley oops and not off of hard drives. At least 20 pts off of alley oops-how do you expect to get Fts of that? Dirk was aggressive at the end and got whacked on his drives; your team was busy shooting contested jumpers.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #527
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
Like people have pointed out, your points in the paint were off alley oops and not off of hard drives. At least 20 pts off of alley oops-how do you expect to get Fts of that? Dirk was aggressive at the end and got whacked on his drives; your team was busy shooting contested jumpers.

Aldridge got bumped going across the lane a few times, and trying to get offensive boards, he was pushed in the back a few times.

Anyway, watching the highlights, I wonder if using Patty Mills for stretched could burn Jason Kidd out. Andre Miller didn't make Jason Kidd work at all on offense or defense.

There are games within games. I think we need to get some quick guys off our bench and get the other teams defenders working a bit.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #528
OriginalNameGuy
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
how is 18-1 not preferential treatment? did you watch the game? the amount of contact was identical on both sides of the floor in that quarter.

It is what it is, Dirk got some calls in the 4th, but he also got screwed on some calls in the first half. Superstars are going to get their calls and so are home teams. That is the way it has always been in the NBA
The Mavs went ten minutes without making a bucket at one point so I have no sympathy for the Blazers. They had their chance to put the game away and failed.

Last edited by OriginalNameGuy : 04-17-2011 at 07:42 AM.
OriginalNameGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #529
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNameGuy
It is what it is, Dirk got some calls in the 4th, but he also got screwed on some calls in the first half. Superstars are going to get their calls and so are home teams. That is the way it has always been in the NBA
The Mavs went ten minutes without making a bucket at one point so I have no sympathy for the Blazers. They had their chance to put the game away and failed.

yes he was aggressive all game long and had no FTs for 3 quarters, which is pretty bullshit. I'd say he earned all his Fts in the 4th except for 2 ticky tack fouls.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #530
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBull
What happened to Roddy Beaubois? I just noticed he was inactive, is he injured? I didn't hear anything about it yall.

sprained the foot he broke twice this year in the last game of the year
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #531
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Aldridge got bumped going across the lane a few times, and trying to get offensive boards, he was pushed in the back a few times.

Anyway, watching the highlights, I wonder if using Patty Mills for stretched could burn Jason Kidd out. Andre Miller didn't make Jason Kidd work at all on offense or defense.

There are games within games. I think we need to get some quick guys off our bench and get the other teams defenders working a bit.

i do agree. i was wondering when nate was going to play patty mills. portland went through an 8 man rotation, which is not what they are accustomed to running. it looked like nate wanted to keep his rotations tight. the mavs were able to give their bench minutes. i think the bench rotations and kidd vs miller are the 2 key points throughout this series.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #532
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
sprained the foot he broke twice this year in the last game of the year

i was wondering the same last night. JJ barea was fine last night, but i don't know about down the road (2nd round and beyond).
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #533
Rajondo
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbastatus
If Jason Kidd continues to score like this, it could be the end to the Blazers.

I wouldn't be worried about it.

I wish Portland would drain those open shots though, Mavs will be daring them to shoot the 3.
Rajondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #534
50inchvertical
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
i do agree. i was wondering when nate was going to play patty mills. portland went through an 8 man rotation, which is not what they are accustomed to running. it looked like nate wanted to keep his rotations tight. the mavs were able to give their bench minutes. i think the bench rotations and kidd vs miller are the 2 key points throughout this series.
Mills? Maybe in very short spurts but the stints I have seen on him, he is fast but just overpenetrates and gets blocked or too far under the rim and jumps to pass and can't find anybody. I'd add that wrinkle, but also toy with putting Roy at the 1 for short stretches (w/ Matthews, Batum, Crash, LA) or Camby in that lineup too and he can bring the ball up, make a pass to someone on the wing, then duck into the post on JKidd.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #535
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #536
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
Portland got raped by the refs. Touch fouls for Dallas all night, no touch fouls for Portland except for that mystery one on Marion. Every time Dirk touched the ball it was a foul. Yeah, he got hit on some of the plays, but Portland's guys were getting hit the same way and not getting calls.
I agree, that shit was AWFUL....especially when Aldridge got his @nal cavity searched while trying to put up a shot and there was no foul.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #537
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
I agree, that shit was AWFUL....especially when Aldridge got his @nal cavity searched while trying to put up a shot and there was no foul.
The refs s*cked **** sh*t, that's true. But come on, it went both ways. Dirk got the benefit of doubt in the 4th, that's true. Considering the fact, that he didn't shoot a single freethrow in all the other quarters combined, although he got hacked badly at times (remember the scene where THREE guys fouled him?), I think that makes it even. Also, Dirk did exactly what people criticized him for in this thread (and others): he relentlessly drove to the basket and didn't settle for jumpers.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #538
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
We were discussing clutch play. Not overall play. I would never say Dirk played a great game tonight. He just owned the critics calling him a choker as usual.

Brans and Hulk just can't admit Dirk is clutch. Hilarious.

Dirk made up for his terrible play in the fourth, and Jason Kidd was spectacular. Dallas did get the benefit of the whistle, but it's to be expected on their home court. Blazers will get the same treatment in the Rose Garden.

This is going to be a great series. I wish I would have gotten to watch more than the last 4 minutes of the game.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #539
2swift4u
Good High School Starter

rather lucky win for Dallas imo.. seemed like they only made 3 or 4 fieldgoals in the 4th quarter and the rest was free throws.. too many calls for my taste..the game felt like decided by the refs and not by the players. but an important win for Dallas!
2swift4u is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: