Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-19-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Default Rashard Lewis to Knicks?

With three days left to the trading deadline, there's still rumors about the Knicks' Nate Robinson and the Sonics.

Robinson, who lost his Slam-Dunk title Saturday night to Gerald Green, is a Seattle native, former Washington Huskie and hugely popular.

The rumor is Channing Frye and Robinson and another contract for Rashard Lewis. Frye, though is unlikely to be traded. The Post reported in December about Frye's interest from the Cavaliers.

New York Post

I dont want Lewis, that simple. Sure, maybe we get rid of Rose or James in the deal, but Lewis isnt a guy I want, I'd rather have Gooden for Frye, and stick with James and N-Rob.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
knicks15
Local High School Star

Default Re: Rashard Lewis to Knicks?

youd rather have gooden than lewis? are you nuts. gooden looks like a scrub to me. and he plays a very similar role to david lee
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

i wouldnt really like the move either. lewis is a really good player but the problem with him is that he shoots to much jump shots. the guy is 6-10 like 230-240, hes a big guy but he plays like hes a shooting gaurd. im a isiah thomas supporter but the problem i have with him is that he always want to add talent instead of good role players. rashard lewis isnt the answer. but if they get some good role players who play winning basketball i wouldnt get mad if he traded nate and channing.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #4
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
i wouldnt really like the move either. lewis is a really good player but the problem with him is that he shoots to much jump shots. the guy is 6-10 like 230-240, hes a big guy but he plays like hes a shooting gaurd. im a isiah thomas supporter but the problem i have with him is that he always want to add talent instead of good role players. rashard lewis isnt the answer. but if they get some good role players who play winning basketball i wouldnt get mad if he traded nate and channing.
Thanks for the input, I agree whole heartedly. We dont need anymore scorers, this team has so many guys who can score 20 PPG, and not enough guys who are willing to give up the ball, and do the gritty things necesary to win a game. We need more role players Knick15, not another player who is going to need minutes,shots, and plays mediocre (at best) defense. Drew Gooden is a 25 year old who has a very similar game to David Lee, he would complement Curry much better then Frye or Lewis, and the fact that he has a smaller salary then Lewis cant hurt either.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #5
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155

what exactly does channing frye do? lewis seems like a rich mans channing frye who can shoot the 3. he shoots 47% fgs, 40% 3s and 90% fts and avgs 20+ pts. we already have curry in the post, so i think it would improve the team. problem is im not sure seattle would do it
Old 02-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
what exactly does channing frye do? lewis seems like a rich mans channing frye who can shoot the 3. he shoots 47% fgs, 40% 3s and 90% fts and avgs 20+ pts. we already have curry in the post, so i think it would improve the team. problem is im not sure seattle would do it
Channing Frye also shoots too much, thats a given. However, that doesnt take a single shot attempt away from Lewis's numbers. That also adds to why we need Gooden, and not Lewis.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #7
knicks15
Local High School Star

i know people are going to disagree with this but i think the knicks could use another scorer. crawford is a good player but having him as your second option is not such a great thing(unless youre a good defensive team, which they obviously are not). he is too inconsistent and has too many games where he scores single digits. curry is the only player on the team who consistently puts up points. we all know marbury can be a nonfactor scoring wise and the same for richardson. if the knicks could find a way to include crawford in the deal (of course this complicates the deaL) then lewis would fit because crawford actually takes more shots than him. and as far as gooden goes, what role would he actually fit in over here? david lees role? what exactly would your starting 5 be?

gooden
lee
curry
richardson
marbury
? if it is then i think youre going to have problems scoring. i think frye has good potential and i think gooden is a 10 and 8 player.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:17 PM   #8
NShlain
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I'd rather have Rashard Lewis than Drew Gooden, he's more athletic and fits the SF position. Plus, 20-6.

Curry
Lee
Lewis
Crawford
Marbury
NShlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #9
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

I would love to get Shard on this team. Check out his stats for real before you say all he does is shoot.

shoots 47.6% FG, makes 4.5 FT a game, shooting 90.7% from the line. gets about 2 Threes a game, shooting a little over 39% from behind the arc. Scores 21.6 ppg, 6.8 REB, 1.4 Offensive Boards, 2.4 Assists, 1.4 Steals, and .6 Blocks. He's 27 years old, hitting his prime, and has been improving his numbers over the last couple of years to make it to this level, where he is producing at an elite level. I like Frye, but if we have to move him to get Shard, great. Frye will do better in another system anyway. Hopefully we could deal Jeffries in the deal as well. That lineup listed above is more productive than anything we've put out recently.

Curry, Lee, Shard, Crawford or QRich, Marbury...bench- Cato, Balkman, Qrich/Crawford, Collins.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:37 PM   #10
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Lewis before Gooden any time of the day.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:15 AM   #11
Blue&Orange
MIAfan since Crusades

Quote:
i know people are going to disagree with this but i think the knicks could use another scorer. crawford is a good player but having him as your second option is not such a great thing(unless youre a good defensive team, which they obviously are not). he is too inconsistent and has too many games where he scores single digits. curry is the only player on the team who consistently puts up points. we all know marbury can be a nonfactor scoring wise and the same for richardson. if the knicks could find a way to include crawford in the deal (of course this complicates the deaL) then lewis would fit because crawford actually takes more shots than him. and as far as gooden goes, what role would he actually fit in over here? david lees role? what exactly would your starting 5 be?

gooden
lee
curry
richardson
marbury
? if it is then i think youre going to have problems scoring. i think frye has good potential and i think gooden is a 10 and 8 player.
I agree completely with you, we have many players that can score but noone that can do it with consistency, hell even nate can score :)

But... isn't Lewis a SF? can he play the PF position well?
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:40 AM   #12
Supafly79
I airball my layups

If Isiah can get Rashard for Frye I say do it. Rashard Lewis has been an all star and will be one in the future. This guy can score and he averages more than a steal a game. Not even one Knick averages more than one steal. He is not bad defensively at all. All Frye is to this team is a jump shooter who gets killed on the defensive board consistently. Lee is a baller and is our best complement to Curry. You can't start a four with Curry who can't rebound because thats not what Curry is good at doing. We should see if we can get Danny Fortson in the deal as well. He has worn out his welcome as a Sonic but New York would instantly love him. Danny is great on the boards and is an intimidator in the paint. He doesn't block many shots but when guards come into the lane they will feel his presence. Lets just say he knows how to use his fouls very well similar to Oakley.

Marbury Collins
Qrich Crawford
Lewis Balkman
Lee Fortson
Curry

This rotation definitely goes to the playoffs and gets out the first round!!!!!!!!
Supafly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #13
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:

gooden
lee
curry
richardson
marbury

well i disagree. marbury can score 20 point a game if he wants. jamal crawford can score 20 if he takes better shots. scoring isnt a problem with this team we average 100 points per game. thats more then alot of teams who have better records then us.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: