Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 05-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #1381
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: May 1: Playoffs Round 2, Celtics at Heat, Game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
Up until that point in the game, 7 minutes left in the 4th Quarter, it is the most crucial point of the game. Or did you think it was Halfitme?

Pierce was getting hot draining 3's and Allen was getting going as well. There is no doubt that the C's would have been within 1 possession if Pierce wasn't wrongfully ejected. The momentum started to swing Boston's way as the game was getting intense and that is just how KG and the Celtics like to play.

After the wrongful ejection of Paul Pierce, the C's carried that momentum but did not have enough without one of their key All Stars and future Hall of Famers.

It was a bad ejection, but Paul Pierce was part of it. He acted like a tool when he took offense to James Jones fouling him.

What everyone here seems to be over looking is that Pierce played a huge role in this.

And no, it did not decide the game. Even Miami wasn't going to blow a 13 point lead at home with Wade playing like that. Heat won that game. Fair and square.

Hopefully Pierce uses this properly and the Celtics come out and win game 2.

But I'm getting sick and tired of people complaining about refs.

There should be the following rule:

Lakers and Heat and Celtics fans can't complain about refs.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #1382
supermechasonic
I airball my layups

supermechasonic has an OK reputation so far

Hey Dmavs and everyone else, do you think in game 2 the Celtics wont load up on Lebron so heavily and try and play Bron and Wade 1 on 1? Dwade was obviously the best player out there last night but much of his offense resulted from the attention Lebron received.
supermechasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #1383
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermechasonic
Hey Dmavs and everyone else, do you think in game 2 the Celtics wont load up on Lebron so heavily and try and play Bron and Wade 1 on 1? Dwade was obviously the best player out there last night but much of his offense resulted from the attention Lebron received.

Doc said they won't change anything.

Me personally? If I was defending the Heat I would shade/double Wade and force Lebron to score one on one against Pierce/Green/Baby.

I'd also welcome Bosh getting it in the post as much as possible.

My defensive strategy would basically be to force bosh/lebron to beat their man one on one. I would stay at home on shooters and try to prevent wade from going off.

Easier said than done.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #1384
supermechasonic
I airball my layups

IDK, it seems like they paid too too much attention to Lebron. There were time when he had the attention of 3-4 Celtics. I feel they should make Lebron prove himself in this series before they load up on him like that.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #1385
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermechasonic
IDK, it seems like they paid too too much attention to Lebron. There were time when he had the attention of 3-4 Celtics. I feel they should make Lebron prove himself in this series before they load up on him like that.

Thats exactly what I just said.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #1386
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Doc said they won't change anything.

Me personally? If I was defending the Heat I would shade/double Wade and force Lebron to score one on one against Pierce/Green/Baby.

I'd also welcome Bosh getting it in the post as much as possible.

My defensive strategy would basically be to force bosh/lebron to beat their man one on one. I would stay at home on shooters and try to prevent wade from going off.

Easier said than done.

PP did the best job of all the guys on lebron. PP doesnt need help and I think you live with the results of Lebron in thepost.

Ray needs rondo or Garnett to shade over to Wade because Ray simply cant even get a hand in Wades face because of the quickness of Wade.

KG showed hes able to take Bosh out of the game,and KG needs the ball when we experience scoring droughts.

Rondo needs to stick to bibby on perimeter.

One Issue I saw BOS had problems with was the Wade-Chalmers-Jones-Lebron-Bosh lineup which is athletic and an instant FB.

I expect Jeff Green to be playing at the 4 this series.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #1387
supermechasonic
I airball my layups

Well we agree then Dmavs lool.

Yeah PP34Deuce, KG really can shutdown Bosh. That block on Bosh was so humiliating!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #1388
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
PP did the best job of all the guys on lebron. PP doesnt need help and I think you live with the results of Lebron in thepost.

Ray needs rondo or Garnett to shade over to Wade because Ray simply cant even get a hand in Wades face because of the quickness of Wade.

KG showed hes able to take Bosh out of the game,and KG needs the ball when we experience scoring droughts.

Rondo needs to stick to bibby on perimeter.

One Issue I saw BOS had problems with was the Wade-Chalmers-Jones-Lebron-Bosh lineup which is athletic and an instant FB.

I expect Jeff Green to be playing at the 4 this series.

Yep.

Its easier said than done. Which is why Wade has performed so well against these great defensive teams throughout his career. He's an athletic freak. He's in that class of athlete that just can't be stopped when he gets going because of his great skill as well.

Wade torched them last year.....and then Boston went on to make Lebron and Kobe look ordinary.

Wade is just a nightmare for them. If I was Doc I would do everything to stop Wade and put all the pressure on Lebron.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #1389
The Decision
Banned

The Decision has not been impressing people

Isn't this what I have said from the beginning?

Double Wade and play Lebron one on one and stick to the shooters?
Its not rocket scientist, wade wasn't unstoppable for crying out loud.

He was being isolated... while Lebron had as said 3-4 people concentrated on him.

Doc should have known that wade is the scorer of the heat and Lebron is the facilitator.

I actually give him a benefit of the doubt, I guess he thought since wade is averaging 12pts and 28% in the regular season, he won't be a problem.

So they threw everything at lebron, which was a dumb move.

Quote:
Wade had twice as many isolation plays on Sunday as he averaged in the first round.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-up-with-jones

that's how boston lost, they forgot about wade because of his terrible success against them in the reg season and let him go one on one and let him get to everywhere he wanted.

Last edited by The Decision : 05-02-2011 at 06:58 PM.
The Decision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #1390
Papaya Petee
USAF

Papaya Petee has a terrific reputationPapaya Petee has a terrific reputationPapaya Petee has a terrific reputationPapaya Petee has a terrific reputationPapaya Petee has a terrific reputationPapaya Petee has a terrific reputation

The Decision, no offence, but I heard the same excuses all last year long, and Wade put up 33\7\6 on 56%. What, did the Celtics all concentrate on Michael Beasley last year? Please.

Wade was hitting tough shots and moving without the ball all night long.
Papaya Petee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #1391
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
The Decision, no offence, but I heard the same excuses all last year long, and Wade put up 33\7\6 on 56%. What, did the Celtics all concentrate on Michael Beasley last year? Please.

Wade was hitting tough shots and moving without the ball all night long.

Yep.

This is what I will never understand about Wade. No matter how he plays or what he does....so many people have to come up with reasons as to why the other team made mistakes or just "suck".

The Hornets just blew when Wade played great as a rookie.
The pistons were garbage the next 2 years. The Mavs sucked. The refs.
The Celtics let Wade get his.

Every good game this guy has ever had people have tried to discount it. Its getting really annoying after 8 years of great games and great play.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #1392
drizzy0503
Good High School Starter

drizzy0503 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Yep.

This is what I will never understand about Wade. No matter how he plays or what he does....so many people have to come up with reasons as to why the other team made mistakes or just "suck".

The Hornets just blew when Wade played great as a rookie.
The pistons were garbage the next 2 years. The Mavs sucked. The refs.
The Celtics let Wade get his.

Every good game this guy has ever had people have tried to discount it. Its getting really annoying after 8 years of great games and great play.

So true. I feel like Wade has been under-appreciated his entire career, probably because LeBron took nearly all the spotlight when they went into the draft together. Wade did great things in Miami, but since LeBron was under a microscope since he was 17 so the gravitas and attention followed him as he took a suck franchise, put it on his back, and made the Cavaliers relevant, which seemed impossible. Wade shot to the forefront only when he got his championship, and even then, people only begrudgingly accepted him into the Top 5 convo.

I guess it can all be attributed to this;
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_e4T0gAOoxu.../haters.jpg%22
drizzy0503 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: