Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #31
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: If Wolves draft Derrick Williams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
And what defensive center is out there? You will get robbed trading that pick.

I heard how the Suns wanted the number 2 pick the Wolves got.

Robin Lopez or The Polish Hammer, Jared Dudley and their pick this season (I think the Suns got the 13th pick) can be dealt for Flynn and #2Pick (Suns draft Derrick Williams)

Javalee McGee, Evans and the 6th pick of this year draft for the Flynn and 2nd pick of this year draft (Wizards pick Derrick Williams)

Alot of deals can go down. I won't even be surprised if the Wolves keep their pick and draft Jonas (Dude looks legit)
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #32
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Beasley has a basketball IQ the size of a peanut. He is never going to make it in the league. If possible, and by that if he would accept the role, I would like to see him in a 6th man role as a scorer off the bench.

LilWesley is that you?

Well anyways, you can cry all you want about Beasley Basketball IQ, but you can't deny this kid got talent and potential to be lethal.
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:51 AM   #33
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
The Wolves are trading their pick! Kahn stated it already, he doesn't want to hurt the develop of their Love-Beasley combo that they got.

they better trade to clevand. they can move back two spots in the draft and get a decent player and sign a good free agent with the trade exception.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:10 AM   #34
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
My God

And you think Derrick Williams and Kevin Love would be better?

Real Talks Bro Derrick William isn't a legit SF. He is a true definition of a tweener or he is just a undersized PF. He doesn't have the quickness and speed to guard the 3 and doesn't posse the offensive skill of a SF like Michael Beasley got

You think Beasley can't be a good 1st option, but you think Derrick Williams can?

Honestly, they cant get any worse. Those 2 led the Wolves to the worst record in the league. lol, you act like those 2 actually accomplished something together

What I do know is that the Wolves are going no where with Beasley as a 1st option.

I never said Williams is a #1 option. But you dont know what he will become because he hasnt played a game. What I do know from Beasley is you are headed to the lottery if you expect him to be your leader. I would rather roll the dice on Williams becoming something special over hoping Beasley gets better.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:11 AM   #35
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
I heard how the Suns wanted the number 2 pick the Wolves got.

Robin Lopez or The Polish Hammer, Jared Dudley and their pick this season (I think the Suns got the 13th pick) can be dealt for Flynn and #2Pick (Suns draft Derrick Williams)

Javalee McGee, Evans and the 6th pick of this year draft for the Flynn and 2nd pick of this year draft (Wizards pick Derrick Williams)

Alot of deals can go down. I won't even be surprised if the Wolves keep their pick and draft Jonas (Dude looks legit)

Lopez + Dudly and 13 pick for Flynn and the #2?

Man you would destroy the Wolves if you were GM.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:14 AM   #36
Sterlingsucks
French Toast Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberSchool
Everyone who passes on Enes Kanter will regret it. Dude's ceiling is a Dwight Howard/Blake Griffin/Zaza Patchoulia hybrid of the most magnanimous order.

how can you compare the two most athletic 4/5 in the league to a slow footed big man. I think Kanter is going to be good maybe in the Andrew Bogut range at his best BUT D-12 and BG is a hell no...as for the Flynn to Clippers trade WHY would we do that? We have Mo Williams (who i hate his game he does not manage the game like a PG should) AND Eric Bledsoe. I would not mind the #2 pick BUT no need in adding Flynn. Gimmie Ellington instead and we can talk
Sterlingsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #37
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

How many of you guys have watched the Wolves play at least 10 games this season? Yet you are all talking about what the franchise should do and how good and bad certain players are.

I would much rather see Love traded than Beasley. From all accounts of the Wolves organisation I have heard that Beasley is one of the hardest working guys on the team and he was one of a few vocal leaders on the team last season. We could get some real value for Love and Randolph showed how good he can be when he started so I say trade Love and draft Williams and play a Beasley/Williams/Randolph forward combination.

Love really doesn't bring that much aside from rebounding, he maybe the worst defender in the league and he can't create his own shot for shit. Beasley on the other hand constantly saw double teams and was the only player that could actually create for himself so I would much rather keep him.

Love and #20 for Gortat and Dudley?
B-Easy8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:17 AM   #38
Sterlingsucks
French Toast Mafia

I like Randolph's game I wish G.S would have given him more minutes! Honestly I never thought of that but man getting rid of Love and 20/15 is crazy BUT for Gortat imo would not be a bad trade but you something else instead of Dudley imo that would be too many SF's. I'd see if you could get Pietrus and have him play the 2. And with 20 take Brooks from Providence.
Sterlingsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #39
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
Honestly, they cant get any worse. Those 2 led the Wolves to the worst record in the league. lol, you act like those 2 actually accomplished something together

What I do know is that the Wolves are going no where with Beasley as a 1st option.

I never said Williams is a #1 option. But you dont know what he will become because he hasnt played a game. What I do know from Beasley is you are headed to the lottery if you expect him to be your leader. I would rather roll the dice on Williams becoming something special over hoping Beasley gets better.
You don't if Beasley can be 1st option give it a few years this is only his first year where he really got to play with freedom. It takes a few years to learn how to win and really make an impact look at Kevin Durant 20 win seasons his first two years. Beasley was injured playing a new position on a new team and still did pretty decent. I would like too see him lose weight he's probably around 250 now he was at 240 in his rookie year and improve his handle this would allow him to attack the basket more.
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #40
CelticBaller
lite kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
How many of you guys have watched the Wolves play at least 10 games this season? Yet you are all talking about what the franchise should do and how good and bad certain players are.

I would much rather see Love traded than Beasley. From all accounts of the Wolves organisation I have heard that Beasley is one of the hardest working guys on the team and he was one of a few vocal leaders on the team last season. We could get some real value for Love and Randolph showed how good he can be when he started so I say trade Love and draft Williams and play a Beasley/Williams/Randolph forward combination.

Love really doesn't bring that much aside from rebounding, he maybe the worst defender in the league and he can't create his own shot for shit. Beasley on the other hand constantly saw double teams and was the only player that could actually create for himself so I would much rather keep him.

Love and #20 for Gortat and Dudley?
Beasly and Williams are basically the same palyer
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:48 PM   #41
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Quote:
Lopez + Dudly and 13 pick for Flynn and the #2?

Man you would destroy the Wolves if you were GM.

He did say or Gortat. If the Wolves can get Gortat and 13 for the 2 and maybe Darko, they should pull the trigger for sure. Gortat is a legit starting C in this league. Keep Beasley, draft someone like Jimmer or Singleton at 13 and you have a pretty good team.Much better defensively if you add both Gortat and Singleton. If Rubio is legit your team is at least right there with a Memphis IMO. Gortat,Love,Beasley,Webster,Rubio is pretty talented and well rounded. Wes,Randolph,Pek,Ridnour,Singleton,Flynn,Ellington off the bench has potential to be pretty sick.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:49 PM   #42
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Beasly and Williams are basically the same palyer

Williams hasn't proven to be near the polished scorer that Beasley was in college and Williams has a ton more defensive potential with his length and athleticism. He has also shown to be a legit 3 point threat, which Beasley isn't.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: